WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

liz.jewels
02-24-2014, 03:58 PM
So, I don't have my complete order yet - just my 10 pieces I earned with Season to Sell. But here's what my favorites are so far:

High Authority Necklace - so sparkly and stunning in person!
Spoonful of Silver earrings - These are longer than I expected but are a wonderful statement
Devotion Stretch bracelet - looks so great on and you get a layered look with just one piece
Drops of the Ocean necklace - really a stunning piece, very much on-trend. This will look amazing when I pull out my white blazer later this spring

Now the pieces I haven't received yet, but MUST HAVE:

Change of Art ring - I always love pieces with versatility, and so I think this one will be a big seller
Parallel ring and Get the Point ring - YAY! Toe rings are back, but these are shown in the catalog as midi rings as well, which I think will be a great way to sell them. Great prices too.
Blue Grotto necklace - I love lapis and this one just caught my eye. It's on its way and I cannot wait!
Patina Shield neckace, Encore bracelet, and Cayman Earrings - love these new patina pieces - such an organic look
Scrimshaw necklace - I heard this one was a stunner and will play well into the white on white theme that will be hot this year.
Lasting Impressions bracelet - love the look and price of this piece. I think it will be a great way to glam up the arm candy without breaking the budget!

I'll come back once I get my stuff and update on what I think after wearing it all. What are you looking forward to seeing in person, or what have you already seen and LOVE?

liz.jewels
03-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Okay, back with a few updates. The rest of my order arrives tomorrow, and then I have an exchange that I will probably get next week! So here are my thoughts on the pieces I got:

Scrimshaw - absolutely stunning, and very unique. Got a positive comment on it the first day I wore it. Since scrimshaw was traditionally done on ivory or whale teeth, I asked corporate what type of bone was used, and it is cow bone. (Whew!)

Gleamcatcher - wasn't originally on my list but I heard rave reviews! Ordered it and I absolutely love it. Also great for the white on white theme, and it is so much more beautiful in person. Plus, if you use a little imagination, it says "MOM" at the bottom." I'm going to promote it for mother's day!

Cayman earrings, encore bracelet, patina shield necklace - I love the patina look as much as I thought. My favorite of these three are the cayman earrings. I like the length and look of the patina shield, as it leaves room for a decent sized necklace above, and could go on the outside of a collar on a blouse. I am sending back the encore bracelet. I LOVE the look, but on my tiny writsts, the patina section keeps flipping to the bottom, so no one sees how lovely it is.

Parallel and Get the Point ring - These are fab! Get the point works best as a midi ring. The parallel ring can only be squeezed to about a size 4, which means it doesn't work on many of my fingers as a midi ring.

Lasting Impressions bracelet - I have been wearing this almost every day! Fits a little smaller, which is great for me. It's also a bit more delicate so it wouldn't be for someone who is really hard on their jewelry. That being said, I wear it stacked with a bunch of other bracelets and haven't had an issue!

Surprise favorite: Bella necklace! It looks great doubled, and has a nice shiny look to it that really pops!

Later today, I'll get the Change of Art ring, Blue Grotto necklace, my birthstone stackable rings, and more! So I'll wear those and come back in a week or so with more reviews!

cabimom
03-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I took a peak and really like the Blue Grotto necklace! :)

LorettaA
04-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I like the Queen for a Day ring. Very bold and beautiful.

liz.jewels
04-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the input, ladies! Loretta, the Queen for a Day ring has been around several years, but it IS a stunner! I've sold it many times and love wearing it for a bit of extra bling! The tiara ring is my new favorite that makes me feel like a queen. (Plus, babies love to grab it and I don't have to worry because it is so sturdy!)

I have received my Blue Grotto and have worn it a few times. I really love the silver chain it's on, and the stones are beautiful. It looks different than I expected because the Lapis is covered with rock crystal, which gives it a shinier and more dressy surface. It's beautiful. I wore it along with a lot of my other lapis on Wednesday for Global Autism Awareness Day.

I worked a fashion show last weekend and I sold a ton of new pieces, but several women handled the Cayman earrings before they finally sold. The patina look is absolutely hot!