WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cindi8d
02-11-2014, 10:45 AM
What do you think/do?

Do you keep the same skin care routine long-term or do you change it up? What have the benefits been to your current approach?

Cindi

AprioriCandy
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
I think our skin changes as we go through life - natural oil production fluctuates, hormones can be imbalanced, our diet, amount of sun exposure, loss of elasticity that comes with aging cells, and more.

We can always benefit from a good exfoliant, be it a scrub or acid peel, and can't go wrong with nutrient rich skin care. I don't like skin care with exfoliating ingredients working all day long - I like them separate.

Personally, I think you can use the same skin care for a long time, if you find one that matches what your
skin needs. Some people say you need to switch every so often. I haven't found that to be true with my skin.

What do you think Cindi?

cindi8d
02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
I agree with you, Candy.

I do a little of both, I suppose! I have a core few products I always use (Celloxylin's Creme Cleanse, Tonic and Day/Night Cream) and then I switch up things that I add to that core depending on the season and my current skin care needs. The PSR Next is a daily add for me as a makeup primer.

Exfoliation is a consistent part of my routine as well but it alternates between a chemical or mechanical peel. About once every couple of weeks or so, I do a more luxurious facial on myself. I don't stray much from Apriori's line simply because I can't find many products that I would put on my skin! I do natural masks/scrubs/washes from time to time with various oils and food items as I see something that I want to try.

I'm always interested in what people do on their skin and what they notice from their routines (or lack thereof!).

Anyone else?

Cindi

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1