WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

beckyjacquier
02-09-2014, 02:29 PM
I knit and craft (and I'm hoping to get into candle and jewelry making as well.) I'm hoping to open an online shop once I have enough inventory. My question is, what would be a good website to open my shop at? Ebay? Etsy? Facebook? Any other websites I haven't listed?

ybnegood
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Etsy is more the "hand-made" location for selling. But you can still sell your handcrafted items on Ebay.
Other sites to check out are Ebid., bonanza, blujay, ecrater.
Just keep in mind that if you have an item that you only have 1 of, if you list it on several sites, you take
the risk that it will sell twice.

gupshup512
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
I suggest you start your own E-commerce business online shopping.

Mrs. Scriblz
02-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi, I use a site called WIX for a nomial monthly fee. It is super easy to set up a website for yourself and very customer friendly, as far as designing your layout. It virtually walks you through everything. I like that website, as well as, Etsy. I cannot say enought good about Etsy, especially if you have handmade goods to sell.

magnoliascentsations
02-18-2014, 12:00 PM
As far as handmade items goes, Etsy is the more popular place. You could use Ebay, too, but that is where I mostly buy my supplies, clothing, electronics, etc.

Charmlin
03-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Etsy is specifically for handcrafted items and has great traffic. I don't use it but i've heard great things. Another site i recommend is webstore.com. They have no final vlue fee. I've been a member there for a while but I'm just getting ready to really become active. Storenvy is another good one. In the past I only halfheartedly used both of these but I'm about to get serious and i see great potential in both.

msuggitt
03-11-2014, 01:18 PM
my vote goes to etsy for hand-crafted items. But if you are mass producing or producing production style, there is no reason you can't list on multiple sites to see where you get the best results.

vivianpos
04-03-2014, 01:41 PM
I prefer Etsy and ArtFire for handcrafted items. I would recommend creating a Facebook page for your products and creating a Facebook group as well. FB is viral.

TheUnextreme
05-14-2014, 04:19 AM
My opinion is go with Etsy. I have had bad luck on eBay. Etsy is more for crafts/hand made goods anyways. Plus, it seems the buyers are willing to pay more for quality items on Etsy. On eBay, everyone is trying to get a bargain.

Bosco
05-16-2014, 06:09 AM
If you decide to go with your own online store check out Volusion. I have used them for years. Easy to use and get a lot of keyword traffic from Google.

They even have it to where you can sell directly from there on both facebook and ebay.

It would be great for the candles and such but not as practical for one of a kind items.

mmfh
07-29-2014, 07:15 AM
I knit and craft (and I'm hoping to get into candle and jewelry making as well.) I'm hoping to open an online shop once I have enough inventory. My question is, what would be a good website to open my shop at? Ebay? Etsy? Facebook? Any other websites I haven't listed?

You don't have to wait to have enough inventory.

List one item at the time, and use all your time promoting it.
Go with ETSY, it is THE most popular platform for handcrafted items.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1