WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Couch to 5K?

Mikayla
01-29-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm starting week 3 of the Couch to 5K program and was wondering if anyone else here is doing it? I use the iPhone app, which is awesome!! If anyone else is doing the program, I'd love to connect... or if you've done it in the past, I'd love to hear your feedback on the program. :)

ndswam
01-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Good luck! I never officially did the program but I've heard good things about it. A great way to start off gradually, as opposed to getting out there and thinking you can run 3+ miles from the get go.

Enjoy! :)

Mikayla
01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks Cindy! Yes, so far I like it a lot. For someone who has never been a runner, I love how it builds your endurance slowing by doing intervals of running and walking. Plus, it only asks you do 30 minutes a day, 3x a week, which is totally manageable for me. :)

ofccat
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I loved the program and had great success with it! I've moved on and have run a 1/2 marathon and want to do full.

JulieBeamer
02-11-2014, 08:43 AM
I love the Cto5K program. Make sure you get an app that tracks your distance for you, and that allows you to pick the songs you want....or gives you a boost song when you think your going to die... I love it.. it makes running so much easier!

Mikayla
02-11-2014, 10:28 AM
I loved the program and had great success with it! I've moved on and have run a 1/2 marathon and want to do full.

That's awesome!! My sister does 1/2 marathons and I admire her so much for it. I honestly can't even imagine running that long. She and I are going to run my first 5K in April and I am super excited! It's the Neon Run, so it's at night and supposed to be all kinds of fun. :)

I love the Cto5K program. Make sure you get an app that tracks your distance for you, and that allows you to pick the songs you want....or gives you a boost song when you think your going to die... I love it.. it makes running so much easier!

Thank you so much for the tips, Julie. I like the idea of a "boost song" :) I'm on week 4 of the program (technically it's week 5 but I redid week 1 because I felt like I was so out of shape when I started). I think next week I run my first day without intervals and I feel a little intimated by that. A boost song my just do the trick!

Blessings to you both!!

World Naturals
03-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I started to use the C25K program a few months ago and was getting good results. I didn't finish because I got into a car accident that put me behind in my fitness goals. I am going to start over again soon.

I am also using the Track My Run app for the iPhone. I like it because you can track your trails and progress.

Mikayla
03-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I started to use the C25K program a few months ago and was getting good results. I didn't finish because I got into a car accident that put me behind in my fitness goals. I am going to start over again soon.

I am also using the Track My Run app for the iPhone. I like it because you can track your trails and progress.

Goodness. I'm sorry to hear about your car accident, but I'm glad to hear you're getting back up on the proverbial horse. Thank you for the recommendation on the app. Definitely gonna try it. I'm still loving the Couch to 5K app, but Track My Run may be a nice compliment.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1