WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What is affiliate marketing?

Jan Solitro
01-14-2014, 07:22 AM
FYI, I see a lot of people asking what affiliate marketing is…I hope this helps you understand it more clearly! If you become an affiliate with accompany you earn money by promoting a product or service. An example is Amazon, people post links for books for sale and Amazon takes care of the rest, they process the sale and ship it to the customer!
Hope this helps!

ezdiainc
02-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Affiliate marketing is performance based where the affiliates bring customers or visitors through their own marketing initiatives & efforts. The businesses reward the affiliates for the visitors that they get to the company.

talfighel
02-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Affiliate marketing works but long term, many affiliates fail.

The reason is not because they can't figure out how to make sales.

The main reason, and I went through this, is because they work with the wrong types of programs.

If you want your income to grow and grow you need to work with affiliate programs that can pay you residual income. With regular one time commission programs you earn ONCE and that's it. Like a job, you need to get new sales to keep a flow of cash coming in.

bhagabati
02-20-2014, 03:46 AM
If you sell other peoples product then it is called affiliate marketing.You will be called as an affiliate.Affiliate marketing is a slow and steady process.You can not succeed overnight and it requires a lot of hardwork.Most people are opting to build their list and they make money by selling affiliate product.

CinnamonDolceLatte
02-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Sorry to hijack. Just a question about affiliate marketing:

From what I have read here, and other forums, that the best way to get sales/clicks is to post ads to a blog/website, correct?

But what if your blog/website doesn't get much traffic, or isn't popular? What do you do about that?

Thanks to anyone who could help... I'd love to get in on the cash flow with this type of work.
:cool:

Careergal35
02-25-2014, 08:13 PM
How can you be sure if a referral program is legitimate? I recently signed up with a referral program, and all the research that I have done says that this is a legitimate program, however when I try to post my link on forums like this most of them say it is not allowed. How do I find out for certain if this program is legitimate?

Careergal35
02-25-2014, 08:16 PM
I looked into the amazon affiliate program and it said that I needed a website. Does anyone know where I can get a website for not a lot of money?

Sarahml
03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
You can get a website for free using blog sites, like blogger. You could also cheaply create your own site using wordpress with hosting as little as $5-$10 a month depending on the provider. A domain name only costs about $10 as well. Starting a website is really quite cheap, but it is very time consuming to create an effective and eye catching website that will bring in sales.

msuggitt
03-11-2014, 08:22 AM
How can you be sure if a referral program is legitimate? I recently signed up with a referral program, and all the research that I have done says that this is a legitimate program, however when I try to post my link on forums like this most of them say it is not allowed. How do I find out for certain if this program is legitimate?

promoting links is what is known as Internet Marketing and is a learned skill. You can indeed post links on forums like this BUT you must do so within the guidelines set by each forum. For instance, here we use signature links. This is where we actually interact and participate in the forum discussion which may or may not be related to what we sell, the thought is that if we are considered an expert, witty, funny etc, people will click our links and they do. Other areas where it is considered 'right' places to post links are within the 'advertise your business' or the various promotional folders where you can place ads.

one way you can be 100% certain is to purchase through your link and see if you are paid a commission. but I'm thinking that what you want to promote is indeed legitimate but the real issue is that you aren't thinking big enough in regards to the numbers you need to reach in order to make sales > it may take hundreds if not thousands of people looking at your offer in order to get one sale or signup. so a few postings of your link will rarely do the job, it really does take learning and practicing of Internet marketing methods.

msuggitt
03-11-2014, 08:28 AM
I looked into the amazon affiliate program and it said that I needed a website. Does anyone know where I can get a website for not a lot of money?

what is so great about affiliate marketing is that you don't need to invest in a website, hosting, a domain and an autoresponder in order to make money. You can accomplish the same through various advertising avenues both free and paid. Craig's List is full of affiliate products - the links are just cloaked in different ways. People still use article writing and submitting as a vehicle for affiliate sales promoting link in BIO along with ad posting probably being the number one way to promote affiliate links. Plus signature links in forum posting is used by a large number of people.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1