WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Stella and Dot Opportunity

Shoefly
01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Hello! I just had a few questions regarding starting up a business with Stella and Dot:

Here goes:

Any advice for those passionate about the product but apprehensive about reaching out to friends and family to host trunk shows (due to fear of rejection, pressure to buy, etc)?

This month there is a sign-up bonus: extra $100 credit for samples. Can one use the extra $100 to purchase display items (jewelry trays, busts for necklaces)?

Is there an annual fee to maintain your website/stylist status?

How is income tax claimed? (I live in Canada)

How does your sponsor earn her commission? Does it come out of your commission?

Realistically, do a lot of your earnings end up being spent on samples, business materials, etc.?

If there's anyone that could help me out here I'd really appreciate it! I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come! Thank you!

Stylista
01-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Hello! I just had a few questions regarding starting up a business with Stella and Dot:

Here goes:

Any advice for those passionate about the product but apprehensive about reaching out to friends and family to host trunk shows (due to fear of rejection, pressure to buy, etc)?

This month there is a sign-up bonus: extra $100 credit for samples. Can one use the extra $100 to purchase display items (jewelry trays, busts for necklaces)?

Is there an annual fee to maintain your website/stylist status?

How is income tax claimed? (I live in Canada)

How does your sponsor earn her commission? Does it come out of your commission?

Realistically, do a lot of your earnings end up being spent on samples, business materials, etc.?

If there's anyone that could help me out here I'd really appreciate it! I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come! Thank you!

Shoefly...I'd be happy to answer...

First of all, you have the most essential criteria for success....Passion for the product! You can also have confidence in the brand....Stella and Dot is a wildly successful company with a community of support and training available. Their website and back office is state of the art.

One thing with any sales....there will always be "no's" and rejection. You have to step out of your comfort zone and focus on the goals you are trying to achieve. You may go through 9 no's before you get to one yes....but that's how you grow your business! And it's not a personal rejection. Just wear your jewelry and you will get complimented. It happens every time. Have your business cards handy! That's your opener....there are scripts to help you know what to say....also ways to turn "no's" into "yes." You are not asking them to do something for YOU. You are offering your personalized customer service...fun trunk shows where they can try on jewelry, styling suggestions, and free jewelry!

The $100 extra is for SD product samples...not display items. There are websites that sell inexpensive supplies...such as nilecorp, in addition to what's offered by SD.

$59 annual renewal fee. Website free for 60 days. I believe it's $33 quarterly after that. Well worth it for what you get.

During your jumpstart period you can earn hundreds and hundreds of dollars of free jewelry and after that up to $200 monthly in free jewelry. Also based on sales you get 5% in business supplies credit monthly...for catalogues, order forms etc., and a potential for an additional 5% in volume rebate earnings. Stella and Dot want you to succeed, and to keep your earnings.

Your sponsor's commission does not come out of yours! It's based on your volume...and when you sponsor someone, based on the level you have achieved, you can get 4-18% in overrides based on their wholesale volume. It can be quite profitable if you build a large team.

Not sure about Canada, but in the US a 1099 is issued at tax time. You must keep receipts for expenses, gas and mileage to trunk shows, etc...You can write off a lot!.

Hope the info helps! Any other questions...I'd be happy to answer. Or inbox me.

nv93446
01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I think SD has beautiful jewelry and a leader in the jewelry party plan with such savvy online/social media marketing. I also think you really need to love it and willing to party. It's a party plan and even with all the social media know how and options, the core foundation of a jewelry party plan is still most lucrative and successful when consultants do home parties :). I have a friend who's at the top of her jewelry company and she still parties hard!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1