WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How the heck do I get started?

earlymoneymaker
01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I've been trying to make money online since I was 12. I'm 16 now and my success has been very little, throughout all my years I've only made a couple hundred bucks. I have learned how to rank YouTube videos pretty well, but I can't seem to figure out how to link a sale into that video and actually get money from it. I've tried click bank with Craig'slist but the only sale I ever got was from my mom. I'm not like most people were there trying to make it online because they don't like there job. I'm trying to make it online because I don't have a job. How I see it is that now is the time to start. I'm a teenager with very little obligations and a lot of time on my hands, right now is when I need to start, and use my time wisely. But making money is hard seeing as I don't have money to invest and if I did I wouldn't know what to invest in. I guess I shouldn't say I have no money. I can make some money on Slicethepie (10 bucks a month) and also maybe a little shoveling snow. But that's very little especially for investing and I can't afford to pay any monthly fee unless its very cheap (I don't want to go in debt before I'm even 18) I guess what I'm trying to say through all this rambling is, how do you start when you have no money to start with? Please help your my only hope ha ha

earlymoneymaker
01-03-2014, 01:07 PM
One more thing. I've been thinking of doing fiver but I don't see myself doing it full time. Would you guys recomnd that?

danasurvey
01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Fiverr is ok as a sideline, to make some extra money here and there.

When making money online, you need to decide on a niche (an area to focus on), I tried a lot of different things and fell into the free money making niche over 7 years ago.

You can also create your own blogs and websites and monetize them with various things. There are many ways to monetize a blog/site such as Google AdSense. If you can get traffic to those sites and blogs, you can then make some money.

Hope this helps. :)

MariaThompson
01-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi there,

Well . . . I love your attitude. You'll go far!

This question is always hard to answer because we know so little about you: interests, skills, abilities, experience.

Let me begin by giving you some advice that will save you some time:

DO:

Begin a process of educating yourself in the area of online moneymaking. Treat it just like being in a classroom. Register at relevant forums and learn, learn, learn, and never be afraid to ask questions. Just be careful where you ask, "How can I make money," because they hear the same question repeated dozens of times a week; you'll often encounter much unpleasantness.

DO NOT:

Don't set up a blog and expect to make money. (Yes, they make money; but more often than not, they don't - not the kind of money you need).

Don't waste your time with most of the sites you see that pay you for some kind of action: answering emails, completing surveys, browsing the web. There are so many catches, I won't even get into it.

Don't ever direct link to an affiliate site. ALWAYS make a landing page. In the case of your videos, link to a blogspot blog if you have to, anything. There are many reasons for this.

Don't believe anyone who tells you that you can't make money without spending money. I do better than most when it comes to online moneymaking and some of my best methods require zero investment.

Plan of Action for You:

Find yourself an affiliate program (assuming it's legal at 16; I have no idea) that offers free zip submit offers. Make a landing page and get it approved, along with Youtube as a traffic method, by your AM (affiliate manager). If you can rank videos, great. Rank them and direct traffic to that landing page. Keep doing this and, if everything falls into place (good offer, targeted traffic, good landing page with preselling), you . . . will . . . make . . . money.

By the time the above method is making you halfway decent money, you should have learned an awful lot by educating yourself on forums, blogs, and so forth.

You'll then be a different person. And you'll have a better idea of how to spend some of that money.

I expect you'll rarely find the above info in your internet travels. People like to keep things to themselves or they're just unpleasant. Try it, though. You'll be glad you did!

Best of luck,

MT

healthysolutions
01-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Its nice to see someone young as yourself wanting to do something positive. You are going to achieve great things in life. You should look into some survey sites. Many of them do allow teenagers to participate. Its not much money but its something. If you haven't already check out Dana's website she is with many survey companies.

msuggitt
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
yes I too am impressed, sometimes I think the younger generations are coming in hard wired for the Internet - taking it by storm at young ages.

in regards to affiliate marketing - it really is a numbers game and a matter of duplication. You said you tried clickbank but what I think what is happening is that you aren't getting your message out in front of enough people. Sometimes it takes hundreds, and even thousands of clicks to get a sign-up, referral or sale. Bottom line, you need to get your ads seen and read by interested parties.

There really are tons of free ways to advertise so go back and pick another couple of items and go through the free training at clickbank - you need to keep at it, plug away promoting whenever you can - many of the product owners also offer additional ads and training - follow the free methods as you have been doing - on a bigger scale.

cashcrate also has a great FREE affiliate marketing training.

meanwhile - maybe you could sell a few items on ebay for cash.

QueenMaa
01-06-2014, 11:21 AM
I know when I first started making money online. I started with taking surveys. Then, I graduated to affiliate marketing. I didn't even have a blog or website when I first started and I receive a check in the mail. I was so excited. You may want to start doing surveys. It's easy and you don't have to invest anything but you're time. It's a great way to start. I still take surveys and it's a great way to make extra cash.

HomeBizHope
01-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi Maria!

I'm beginning to look into affiliate marketing myself but I didn't understand what you said here:

Find yourself an affiliate program that offers free zip submit offers. Make a landing page and get it approved, along with Youtube as a traffic method, by your AM (affiliate manager). If you can rank videos, great. Rank them and direct traffic to that landing page.
MT

What exactly is a zip submit offer? And what do you suggest for a landing page - can I use something simple like Weebly or should I try Wordpress? I have no idea what ranking videos means either!

Maybe someone can come up with a list of these terms and put it on here for us newbies! :-)

Thanks for any help!

Lori in NY
;-)

MariaThompson
01-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi Maria!

I'm beginning to look into affiliate marketing myself but I didn't understand what you said here:

What exactly is a zip submit offer? And what do you suggest for a landing page - can I use something simple like Weebly or should I try Wordpress? I have no idea what ranking videos means either!

Maybe someone can come up with a list of these terms and put it on here for us newbies! :-)

Thanks for any help!

Lori in NY
;-)

Hi Lori,

I'm happy to help.

Email and/ or Zip Submits

Email Zip submit was a typo: It should read email and/or zip submits.

Basically: an affiliate entity will pay you a fixed price whenever you refer someone who fills out a web form and includes certain details. It can be their name and email address, or it can be more extensive.

Landing Pages

I would never recommend a free entity as being the best platform for a landing page. I explain this to my readers a lot of the time. However, if you absolutely must go the free route, head over to Blogger (Blogspot). I write a lot about the reasons for paid hosting and perhaps the biggest reason is this: you can't have it taken away. There are many other reasons, though.

Ranking Videos

When you upload a video, you want people to find it. They find it by typing in certain keywords relating to that video. Ranking your video means getting your video to appear in search results when people go looking for keywords related to it. So if I uploaded one about how to make a rocking chair, for instance, I'd want my video to be number 1 in the YT search results whenever someone typed in related search terms: how to make a rocking chair, how do i make a rocking chair, making rocking chairs, etc.

I hope that helps somewhat! :)

everjoy111
01-11-2014, 05:55 AM
Hi there,

Let me first commend you for your efforts and determination to succeed online.

Since you have learnt to rank very well on YouTube, you should contact companies that have new product lines and ask to do a good video review of their products. Write an email to the product managers (you can find their details on the internet) and sell your skills to them.

Being an affiliate for $100 products won't make you a lot of money. You need to consider being an affiliate for top-tier (high-end) products selling for $2000 and above.

You can then go ahead to advertise your products (using landing pages, authority sites and sales pages). Make sure the company has a good sales funnel and you can track the statistics of your marketing efforts. With this, you can start building your list by integrating with Aweber. Trust me, the money is in THE LIST.

I am confident that with your determination, you can make good money online.

Here is to your success!!!

talfighel
01-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Attitude is not what is going to make you a living online.

You have to do a few things to really succeed. I have learn this stuff in my 11 years journey.

1. Yes, you must have a positive attitude.

2. You must have a good mentor. (There is one guy that I am NOT affiliated with at all but he is just AWESOME. He is a great mentor. His name is vick strizheus)

3. You must be able to capture emails and names of interested prospects.

4. You must work with 2 tier or MLM type of products to get DUPLICATION.

5. You must learn how to effectively advertise online. This is an ongoing thing that you must master.

6. You got to seek what works for you in advertising and what doesn't.

7. No matter what, make a commitment to SUCCEED regadless of what happens or how hard things get.

grmond
01-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi,

I sympathize with you. There is so much noise on the Internet that it's hard to focus.

There is a place called Fourerr.com which is the same as Fiverr.

What is your passion? On my blog there is a start here page. That will give you some ideas about where you should start.

Hope this helps :-)
Geri Richmond

Tom_
01-30-2014, 07:28 PM
What are you good at or like doing? what kind of videos and keywords are you ranking for? where are you ranking them on youtube or on google?

I've been trying to make money online since I was 12. I'm 16 now and my success has been very little, throughout all my years I've only made a couple hundred bucks. I have learned how to rank YouTube videos pretty well, but I can't seem to figure out how to link a sale into that video and actually get money from it. I've tried click bank with Craig'slist but the only sale I ever got was from my mom. I'm not like most people were there trying to make it online because they don't like there job. I'm trying to make it online because I don't have a job. How I see it is that now is the time to start. I'm a teenager with very little obligations and a lot of time on my hands, right now is when I need to start, and use my time wisely. But making money is hard seeing as I don't have money to invest and if I did I wouldn't know what to invest in. I guess I shouldn't say I have no money. I can make some money on Slicethepie (10 bucks a month) and also maybe a little shoveling snow. But that's very little especially for investing and I can't afford to pay any monthly fee unless its very cheap (I don't want to go in debt before I'm even 18) I guess what I'm trying to say through all this rambling is, how do you start when you have no money to start with? Please help your my only hope ha ha

talfighel
02-09-2014, 11:47 AM
in regards to affiliate marketing - it really is a numbers game and a matter of duplication.

There is the secret really but most people work with the wrong programs. If you can find programs that can earn you money on DUPLICATION, then your income will just grow.

DUPLICATION really means earning money from the efforts of others.

That is why you see so many vendors in clickbank do so well everyday with their product. People are promoting their product and they have a good chance that many of their customers may become their new affiliates too.

It is a BIG win for many vendors on Clickbank who do this.

Careergal35
02-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Someone mentioned survey sites, there are a few that I am a member of. fushioncash.net and vindale.com are the ones I use the most.

Sarahml
03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
I started making money online when I was about your age. A great way to start is by doing some writing on sites such as Textbroker or iWriter. You won't make a ton of money but it's not a bad place to start. Fiverr won't make you very much money either, but a small cheque is better than nothing :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1