WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Memory Works is closing- bummer

accents4you2
12-28-2013, 04:55 PM
I just discovered Memory Works and really liked what they had to offer...I wish I had found them sooner.

Here's what I found out:

"MemoryWorks, a direct-sales scrapbook company, announces today it plans to cease operations, effective December 31st, 2013. The company will continue to operate a retail location at 640 West 1000 South, Suite 100 in Ogden, Utah for the immediate future. Employees of MemoryWorks will be absorbed into Simple Stories, a sister company.

MemoryWorks was started in 2002 by Kevin and Amber Crowell. The company experienced strong growth throughout its 12 years of operation. In 2009, MemoryWorks released an exclusive scrapbook collection, Life Documented, to its consultants. As a result of the success of the collection, Simple Stories was created in 2010, a wholesale scrapbook business. Since that time, Simple Stories has experienced phenomenal growth in its short, 3 year tenure.

Kevin Crowell, President, commented, √Ę‚‚¨Ň“We are very grateful for the devoted MemoryWorks consultants that we have worked with over the years. While the decision to cease operations has been difficult, it enables us to focus our resources fully on the continued growth and expansion of Simple Stories."

So sorry to all the reps. From what I understand many were long time reps and really loved the company. It's sad to see another DS Scrapbook company close. :(

jessica2
12-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Oh wow.. it's always sad to hear about a company closing.

nv93446
12-31-2013, 09:11 AM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news :(

mariglynn
12-31-2013, 11:22 AM
So sorry this has happened. My heart goes out to all the MemoryWorks Consultants.
:(

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1