WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : SHD vs SL?

Delarias
12-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Good morning everyone :)

I just wanted to get some advice about deciding between Spirit Lockets and South Hill Designs. I have been with Spirit Lockets since the 14th of this month and while I do love the concept and the fact that I can get a high commission without having to do parties, I'm in love with South Hill Designs. Originally I wanted SHD but I couldn't afford to invest and Spirit was free. All I have invested in SL is about $11 for a domain name for my affiliate redirect and hours putting together graphics for a facebook fan page. I can now get the kit for SHD but I'm not sure what they require in terms of sales/parties to keep active. Also the price point is a tiny bit higher than SL but they offer so much more that I feel it really makes up for that. Also I like the option of direct sales. I know people who refuse to shop online but will order from a catalog or a party or someone they know.

My party 'cons' are that I don't know very many people anymore and I can't promise a party date 100% because of chronic health problems (which is why I can only work from home and would make this my only income which makes this super important). Also I can't drive because of my health, making getting to parties hard. I did read in the forum about someone doing a basket party and I love that idea. I also like having the direct sale option so that I have a spare popular model locket to carry with me for on the spot sales, people are impulse buyers and I've had people want to buy jewelry right off my body before lol.

What I'm unsure of is giving my situation with not really being able to do parties, is SHD something I can still do and be successful at? I am planning a cross-coastal relocation this year (fingers crossed and prayers prayed) and if that works out then it should help health-wise which would mean I could do parties, it would also mean a new customer base. In the meantime though I don't want to invest too much time into Spirit if I'm going to cross over to South but I don't want to spend the money on South if it's not going to make financial sense for me. I love both companies, I just love SHD more because it has more options for the customers to pick from so I know they'll have a lot more fun with it. So far with SL, nobody I know is interested.

The other thing too is the back office and support end. I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of support for the SHD people from SHD and from one another. I also noticed that it looks like the back office is a pay for thing? With Spirit the back office is free but confusing and so far I have found zero support or help as far as getting started. What I did I knew from prior experience from when I used to sell my own cakes & cookies, lol. I tried to find a team but no luck. It could be because it's so new. It really is a nice company. I'm just wondering what will be the most marketable and sell the best and provide the best option both for customers and myself. I really don't want to offer anything that I wouldn't love myself.

Thank you everyone in advance for any replies. If I decide on SHD then I am looking for someone to join under that I can learn from.

KNicholls
12-22-2013, 09:00 AM
I also looked into both when I started, and am so glad I chose South Hill Designs. It's a great place to be with awesome support. My team is great as well. I'd love to share that with you!

While it is true that things are based on a party-plan, there are lots of ways to do that. Some of us do Facebook parties. You can also absolutely carry stock to do those on the spot sales.I have received many sales online from the different things I do to market online. In all honesty, certainly those who are able to do home parties do better at this because it expands their business. It sounds like you may also be able to expand to that in the near future!

There is a monthly fee for our website and back office; it's $9.95. That's after the first month; in month one, it's included with your enrollment kit.

As for support, that part is amazing. From company-sponsored training, to our team trainings, the support of the team and other artists within the company, it's all there. In addition, I do one-on-one business building mentoring with all of my team members who want to do that.

I would love to chat with you and have sent you a PM. Whatever you decide, I wish you great success as you move forward in your business!

KNicholls
01-27-2014, 04:57 PM
I just wanted to add that I love that you joined us with South Hill Designs and am so excited to have you on the team! We're going to rock things together!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1