WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Will You Change Anything In 2014?

MariaThompson
12-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi ladies!

I'd be interested to know if you'll be changing anything in 2014, regarding your affiliate practices.

So let me get the ball rolling . . .

Due to the Google Algo forever pushing towards content and social interaction, I'm concentrating more than ever on authority sites, and I already have plans to take on more writers for articles and media managers for social integrations. These sites will start out with 400 articles (750 words per article and up, and including pictures and videos). I have a lot of other changes in the works, but this is my primary one.

Yours?

msuggitt
12-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I am expecting to put more focus towards smartphones in regards to marketing efforts. :)

MariaThompson
12-21-2013, 09:09 PM
I am expecting to put more focus towards smartphones in regards to marketing efforts. :)

Good call. I'm woefully behind on mobile marketing! I've learned enough to develop pretty good mobile sites (Wordpress and/ or HTML), but I've yet to look into the marketing side of things for them. I'll have to remember this!

vfy2000
12-22-2013, 04:27 AM
I agree, mobile marketing is definitely the way to go now. I've had three times more open rates and responses from my subscribers via mobile marketing. :)

JGill
12-23-2013, 11:06 AM
I am looking to be more consistent with my marketing.

When first getting involved with affiliate marketing I was consistent for the first three months and was achieving so much in terms of gaining quality leads and even making two $1000 commissions.
However, i lost focus because of family issues and my University work. So i consider this year to have been a big waste for me!

I plan to make amends!

What kind of plans will you be making next year in 2014

MariaThompson
12-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I am looking to be more consistent with my marketing.

When first getting involved with affiliate marketing I was consistent for the first three months and was achieving so much in terms of gaining quality leads and even making two $1000 commissions.
However, i lost focus because of family issues and my University work. So i consider this year to have been a big waste for me!

I plan to make amends!

What kind of plans will you be making next year in 2014

Great post.

I think your situation in 2013 happens to all of us from time to time; I know life intervenes with regularity in my case. You have a great attitude and I wish you all the very best for 2014 and beyond!

I think I'd bore everyone if I listed all my plans here. LOL I'll list three areas though: content creation, educating my readership with moneymaking methods, expanding my interests in 3D technology. Told you: boring!

OH: slightly off-topic, but one thing I'll be changing in 2014 is quitting the old cigarettes!!

sreece
12-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Like others have already mentioned, I'll be utilizing mobile marketing more and working toward more automation and less time required at the computer.

msuggitt
12-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Great post.

I think your situation in 2013 happens to all of us from time to time; I know life intervenes with regularity in my case. You have a great attitude and I wish you all the very best for 2014 and beyond!

I think I'd bore everyone if I listed all my plans here. LOL I'll list three areas though: content creation, educating my readership with moneymaking methods, expanding my interests in 3D technology. Told you: boring!

OH: slightly off-topic, but one thing I'll be changing in 2014 is quitting the old cigarettes!!

I really wish you the best of luck on the smoking, I'm not a smoker but have lived with enough of them to know how hard that it can be. You certainly haven't chosen an easy task so I'm a cheerleader for you all the way. Let us know if you need support or just need to vent, I'm sure there are a ton of us here who would love to see you smoke free.

MariaThompson
12-29-2013, 10:57 AM
I really wish you the best of luck on the smoking, I'm not a smoker but have lived with enough of them to know how hard that it can be. You certainly haven't chosen an easy task so I'm a cheerleader for you all the way. Let us know if you need support or just need to vent, I'm sure there are a ton of us here who would love to see you smoke free.

That's so lovely - thank you! :)

I quit a few years back by going cold turkey and it wasn't the most unpleasant thing. The first week was the hardest. You kind of feel like a puppet and, to do anything, you have to relay commands to whoever holds the strings, and then wait for your various limbs to respond. This passes after around 7 days and 30 days later, it's pretty much plain sailing. Let us hope!!

healthysolutions
01-02-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm getting into more offline marketing and other forms of paid advertisement. Mobile marketing is a great concept also. I will be looking into that as well. If anyone can recommend some mobile marketing companies that will be great. I've done solo ads etc but many people don't even open them. Everybody reads their text message. Wishing you all the best in your ventures for 2014!

homeandhired
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
My goal for 2014 is to gain enough traffic and improve my stats enough to get approved for a high quality network. I don't want to do just anything b/c so many want to place ads like "make 50/hr from home!" and I don't want to lead my readers to scams.

talfighel
01-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Back in 2008, I was doing really well online.

I had a newsletter that was growing and growing. Some days I made as much as $100-$200 profit.

In 2011 or so I decided that I no longer want to build my list.

After a lot of thinking and trial and new errors in my internet business, I have now decided to do EXACTLY what I did in 2008 and it is working.

My goal is to have at least 30 new subscribers to my list and will work towards having 100+ leads per day.

daileywealth
01-15-2014, 10:07 AM
I will be focusing more on building my list and content marketing. Towards the end of the year, just started with solo ads and love it as a fast way to build my list :p

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1