WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

janny108
12-15-2013, 01:00 PM
what are some good legit affiliate companies?

danasurvey
12-15-2013, 03:55 PM
What are you interested in? What is your focus or niche?

There are many affiliate programs out there. For example, Amazon has a big one.

janny108
12-16-2013, 07:13 AM
I don't know about a niche. I do like music, animals and books. I do surveys, but it'll be a matter of time before I can request a check. I've been medical and finance clerks. I really don't like phones.

danasurvey
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Perhaps you could create a blog or site and write about those hobbies or experiences. If you get some traffic to the blog or site, you could then monetize it with something related to that topic.

For example, if you write about books and music, Amazon might be a good match as they sell books and music and you could earn a sales commission.

MariaThompson
12-19-2013, 05:59 PM
I'll get specific, Janny.

By legit, you mean, "Will the suckers pay me?"

Which is a great thing to ask.

You have 2 ways of going about this.

1. Look for an affiliate program ran by the company who own the products you wish to promote.

2. Look for one that represents these companies by feeding them with affiliates.

As far as #1 goes: decide on your niche, visit the most-respected site in that niche, and look around the website footer for an affiliate program link. Voila.

As far as #2 goes: search Google for the most respected affiliate programs. (I don't want to name drop really in case we're not allowed). I will say though, Click Bank and Commission Junction would be great places to start.

LilBlackDress
12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Amazon is one of the easiest affiliate companies to work with. They sell a huge range of products at a variety of price points. And customers trust Amazon so it's an easier sale than many other affiliate companies.

JTGMarketing
12-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Amazon is certainly one of them. Clickbank has an affiliate program as well. I would say the best thing is to do your research.

janny108
12-23-2013, 07:27 AM
how does one do research on this?

QueenMaa
12-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Commission Junction, Shareasale and Linkshare are also some good ones as well.

msuggitt
12-24-2013, 08:36 AM
I learned the most from Ken Evoy's Affiliate Masters Course (http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/AffMasters.pdf) back in the late 90s. It's still one of the BEST FREE resources on learning about Affiliate Marketing in my book. Although the course has changed over time, the solid basics are still there.
Grab your free copy (http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/AffMasters.pdf)

but basically, there are great affiliate programs out there for everything from Amazon, Walmart and every other big box store to phones and electronic products to books and software to big ticket items like cars. SO that is why you need to decide what you are interested in because most of your time will be spent promoting your links and that's much easier if you can think of A LOT of ways to talk about what you are selling and keep the topic interesting.

maxsuccess
12-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi,

There are different views given by internet marketers as to what niche you should choose. Some say pick one that is very popular like weight loss or has the highest payout.
The fact is that if want to succeed as an affiliate you should pick a topic that you love. One that you could talk about every day without getting bored.
The reason for this is in order to market effectively you will need to pick a topic that is easy for you to write about. If you are not passionate about it then you will find it difficult to convince others to buy from you.

If you pick a good niche that you love you can more easily grow that business. Some websites making a good income are about how to raise rare fish.

Brainstorm a list and go from there.

Jen Langely
12-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I agree, Amazon is a great one.
You can find more good affiliate programs if you type your keyword + affiliate.
For example type into Google, kids clothing + affiliate it will come up with programs for you.:)
Instead of kids clothing, type in/use a word that you are interested in like writing, baskets, clothes etc etc.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1