WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Origami Owl vs SHD

mamato2
12-15-2013, 02:31 AM
What are the differences? Anyone have experience with both? I'm asking both as someone looking to purchase a locket and someone interested in joining a direct sales company.

liz.jewels
12-16-2013, 12:41 PM
I have seen both at vendor shows and they seem very similar. I would tend to order one or the other based more on the person selling them rather than the product, but that's just my opinion.

I learned at the vendor show that girls who are 14 can sign up with OO and sell the entire catalog, which I didn't know. I thought that was pretty neat if you had a teen girl who wanted to get into direct sales.

Eye
12-17-2013, 07:21 AM
I have absolutely no experience or knowledge about SHD. But I have been with Origami Owl since Jan of this year. I really like the quality of the jewelry, and my upline is great. We've had some ups and downs over the last year. But I can tell you I honestly think the company is moving in the right direction. And 2014 is going to be an amazing year. If you have any more questions just ask!

KNicholls
12-18-2013, 10:25 AM
I think both companies have things to offer. There is some difference in the lockets so it's always good to research that and find what works for you. I have folks on my team who were with OO before they came to SHD. I'm sure there are others who have moved from SHD to OO. Teenagers are also allowed to sign up with SHD and we have several who have done that; what a great way to let them get started having their own business and learning about how to make money and run a business! I'd be happy to chat with you if you'd like more information!

Tammy Tamayo
12-27-2013, 12:34 PM
A couple more things to add to what Kathy said. Our SHD lockets open at a 45 degree angle which really helps our customers who want to change out charms do it easily not to mention our Artists who are putting the initial locket together for the customer. All our upgraded chains are now made in the USA bringing more jobs to Americans. We are in Puerto Rico and Canada now. I need to count the charms but last I heard over 450.

I am sure I will come up with something else ;)

jessica2
12-29-2013, 07:26 AM
I have experience with both.. while both are similar they are different too. My experience is as a customer though, not an artist. I was interested at first in joining both as well but I wanted to see how the products compared in quality and in their customer service aspects. SHD won in leaps and bounds in my opinion which is why I became an artist with them over Christmas.

Good luck on which ever company you join. I would recommend researching each company's policies, products and background though to see which style fits you more.

cvconner
12-31-2013, 08:20 AM
I've had good experiences with both. I actually own a few OO pieces and the quality is very good. I recently signed up to sell Lamel Lockets, which is very similar to both, but still a very new company with only 15 reps I believe. The price point with Lamel is less expensive and offers some of the same pieces as OO. I have talked to a SHD rep and there isn't a wait list if you want to sign up with them or with LL. I think OO is a little over saturated in my area would be the only down side to me. Both seem to be great companies.

nv93446
12-31-2013, 09:35 AM
I have not heard of Lamel Lockets but not surprised with the huge popularity of OO that others would come along. Congrats on your new business!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1