WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

LeilaChandra
11-29-2013, 06:18 PM
I know it may be an overambitious question, but I'm looking for a place to start - not as a psychic counselor, I've been doing readings, both astrological and card, etc., for over 20 years. I just never took it seriously as a money making thing before, and now that I need to, have seen a lot of things I'm not comfortable with, from the big successful sites.

I'd just much rather stick with my own sense of ethics and control, but is that possibly realistic, or just a pipedream for starting out? If not a good option, how would members rate the sites on the basis of their decency and ethics - yeah, pay does count now too, but I have to be able to live with it, y'know.

Also my first post here, and I'm really liking what I see - thanks for being here :)

cristina
11-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Blessings to you dear.
I have worked the networks or these sites for a long time. Very few are ethical. I think there are two I know who are most ethical (Psychic Access) -- owner Doug -- is very impressive. Extremely ethical when it comes to this business. Another one is StarzPsychics (Natalie) wonderful person, ethical and kind too.

The rest of the corporate owned businesses KEEN, Liveperson (now Kasamba), Oranum and any others owned by big companies don't give a rats A$$ for you or me or the clients as long as they make money.

Doing your own thing is the way to go...but if you are doing it online and advertising, bear in mind that Google charged $33 per click for the word "psychic" which is part of why the business is going down hill right now across the board. Google needs to come down on their advertising price!

Good luck with your venture. My prayers for your success!

fsolano
12-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I just want to say that I've been on LivePerson now Kasamba for a minute, I haven't been on there for a few months. First, it was disheartening that they charge only the Spirituality section $50 to even start, and then when you get on there, you're lucky to get one call a day after being on there ALL day.

Then yeah, another thing is they only pay you once a month. They send out checks on the 4th (7-50 days to get a check?) or pay you around then, when bills are due before that, usually rent is due on the 1st and leeway of the 3rd. After getting on there again, I just have a ****ty feeling about them, they are just another corporate entity....who takes advantage of people and are greedy. They are having all sorts of technical difficulties too, which doesn't seem to be answered to. Oh, just deal with it, WE have the power and WE will do what we want, not answering to anyone, not being held accountable.

This is not in alignment with the work we do and supporting this new energy coming through that we as light workers are supporting. But feeding it is something we can look at ourselves, our own worth to know that we CAN start our own business, work more locally with people to help and start our own thing!!! WE are powerful beyond belief. Believing in ourselves and our abilities to do something on our own and not feel like we HAVE to rely on these corporations, like they want us to believe. :o All this is just moving me more and more to start my own business and rely on my own resources to do so.

Betsy
12-08-2013, 12:51 PM
It has taken you 20 years to take this seriously. Wow. Know that every thing we experience is a spiritual lesson.

20 years ago you weren't ready. Now you are. I am glad you are.

You'll make the right decisions.

Ethics and reading for the right reasons are vital. People who get greedy or do it to feed their ego are destined to fail. Be above that.

I wish you the best.

buysell-browse
01-28-2014, 07:20 PM
First, it was disheartening that they charge only the Spirituality section $50 to even start, and then when you get on there, you're lucky to get one call a day after being on there ALL day.

All this is just moving me more and more to start my own business and rely on my own resources to do so.

I know very little about your specialty, but I wonder if it's not possible for you to start a small enterprise on the side by creating your own website, advertise it and take calls from customers. On the Internet, there are many free opportunities you could try out and get started. A simple way would be to begin writing a blog, and get people interested.

dcz
01-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Believing in ourselves and our abilities to do something on our own and not feel like we HAVE to rely on these corporations, like they want us to believe. :o All this is just moving me more and more to start my own business and rely on my own resources to do so.

I've been working at home for 20 years, and in that time I've had a couple of businesses - one that I've had for all of those 20 years, and a couple of others that I've added as I go. My focus has changed a few times, but the one consistent thing was "me". If you create a business around "you", and build a network of customers and colleagues who support and respect "you", then you can go anywhere. Especially in your business, being a recognizable face and figure in your niche is very important. I know sometimes it seems like it's easier and perhaps a "jumpstart" to join a site or group that can send you business, but my guess is that people who come to these larger sites aren't going to be your repeat and loyal clients. If you have the faith and determination to step out on you own, you can do so much more.

I do realize that is a scary prospect for some though!

johnlee561
09-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Well starting any business can have it's challeneges. One particular thing about Psychic lines is that when someone calls a Psychic for readings they can be very loyal. I work for a company called PayPerCall.com (http://paypercall.com/psychicline) and we setup Pay Per call Psychic lines for those who want to charge by the minute or per call and work for themselves or have a team of Psychics working for them.

We see lots of repeat callers so once you've got a few clients who you're doing reading for they tend to keep calling over and over again. This can make the Psychic business very profitable So my suggestion is to work on one client at a time and making sure they are happy. At the same time your marketing is bringing in new clients.

MPRachel
09-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Hello Leila,

I too use to work for some of the major psychic websites Keen, Liveperson, Mystic Insight. The only one I really loved working for was Mystic Insight as it was privately owned by Carla, the woman who ran the site, she was great.

Now Liveperson, I used to make a decent living with them, but there were a lot of politics. I was for many years one of their top ranking psychics, I was on the first page, until one day I was hospitalized for 2 months bed rest for a premature baby, who was born 2 months early at 1lb 14 oz. During this time, I had to take off from working on Liveperson for 1 week and in that week, I went from being their top psychic on the 1st page to the 10th page and so forth. I was so disappointed, all these years of building my name only to be pushed to the back of the line because of a medical leave I had no control of. It was then that I realized these big companies they don't really care about us and in the blink of an eye you can go from making money to not. Since this was my main source of income, I took a heavy hit financially when they pushed me to the back of the line. There was no one to tell my situation too, as their customer support was horrible and basically I came to the realization, I am just a $$$ sign to them and nothing else.

Liveperson, they had also threatened me months earlier, told me that if I had any outside contact with clients, that they would delete my account without notice, although I had never done that. And the list goes on and on on how they did things, like making me increase my rates to some crazy amount etc... So living under them circumstances, the pressure of knowing I had no real control or power of my income, I decide to start my own psychic business 10 yrs ago, while in the hospital bed - Free Psychic Reading Online | Master Psychic | Tarot Reading | USA (http://www.MasterPsychicOnline.com).

I was really nervous at first, but I had put this theory together. They got 50-60% of my income even though I did all the work. So I was like if I market myself, pay for clicks (Google Adwords), I can bring in my own clients and keep most of my money aside from what I would pay for advertising. The first year of doing my own marketing through Google Adwords I spent no more than $150 in marketing a month, compared to the $5000 a month I would pay Liveperson for doing the marketing for me.

Now mind you, like the other psychic said above, paying for the keyword psychic could cost you a ton per click, like he said up to $30 a click and then there is no guarantee they will even buy, so I knew I was not about to do that. So I would pay for alternative keywords like "Free Psychic Readings, Atlanta Psychic, etc..." And I pay no more than.25 cents a click for those alternate keywords, so there is a way around paying a lot of money for keywords, trust me on this. Google Ad Words will ask you how much you want to pay per click, and you can choose the most you will want to pay per click. You can still choose the word "Psychic" and tell google I only want to pay, 25 cents a click, but it may take you a little longer to get them clicks, then if you pay more. So my point is, I had found a system that works for me in terms of marketing through Google Ad Words. And I paid for marketing the 1st year of business and I rarely pay anything now and I had my business 10+ yrs. Actually after the first year I really didn't have to pay nothing for marketing as I had built up my name so much in that time frame, I don't have to spend on marketing unless I just want to boost my income or if things get slow, which is rare.

There are several ways you can get people to your site and not only through paid marketing but social media has been a big way for me to market for free, putting my website into all the major search engines for free was another way and blogging, putting the articles I on sites like Reddit, OmTimes or basically any place where you can submit your articles, has brought me tons of free traffic.

So starting your own business is very doable and highly recommended if you have someone to guide you perhaps or do your own research. I am planning on holding a psychic webinar where I will be showing my fellow psychics how you too can start your own successful psychic business, so, if this sounds like something that interest you please follow the link I provide below. With my site I have been able to quit my day job, doing what I love, helping people and running my work schedule on my terms without no middle man. If you would like to learn how to do this as well, come join me, or whomever else is interested.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07ecxku8fuiqh5vg54/a002itq6vox0/greeting

MPRachel
09-30-2016, 01:32 PM
Blessings to you dear.
I have worked the networks or these sites for a long time. Very few are ethical. I think there are two I know who are most ethical (Psychic Access) -- owner Doug -- is very impressive. Extremely ethical when it comes to this business. Another one is StarzPsychics (Natalie) wonderful person, ethical and kind too.

The rest of the corporate owned businesses KEEN, Liveperson (now Kasamba), Oranum and any others owned by big companies don't give a rats A$$ for you or me or the clients as long as they make money.

Doing your own thing is the way to go...but if you are doing it online and advertising, bear in mind that Google charged $33 per click for the word "psychic" which is part of why the business is going down hill right now across the board. Google needs to come down on their advertising price!

Good luck with your venture. My prayers for your success!
You don't have to pay that much for marketing through Google Adwords, join my psychic business webinar and let me show you how : )

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07ecxku8fuiqh5vg54/a002itq6vox0/greeting

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1