WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Success19
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
I am new to affliate marketing. I bought a product I enjoy and they offered to make me an affliate. They suggested advertising their link on facebook. My question is- is this okay with a regular facebook (personal) account? I don't want facebook booting me off an account.

Also is it okay to put this affliate link into Twitter or Pinterest?

LilBlackDress
11-23-2013, 01:07 PM
I am new to affliate marketing. I bought a product I enjoy and they offered to make me an affliate. They suggested advertising their link on facebook. My question is- is this okay with a regular facebook (personal) account? I don't want facebook booting me off an account.

Also is it okay to put this affliate link into Twitter or Pinterest?

You actually can use affiliate links on Facebook. However, it is an FTC requirement that you disclose you are an affiliate. So you would need to share that.
You can also use aff. links in Twitter.
Last time I checked you could not use them in Pinterest though you could direct someone to a blog where you have an affiliate link.

The main thing here is to make sure that you are not spamming your friends and family.

Also keep in mind that most people are on Facebook to socialize not buy product. So it is likely going to be a tough sale. You may be better off starting a website in a related niche and sharing the product.

AllanJames
11-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Yes, it's ok - but for a lot of niches it's a total waste of time, you would be better off buying targeted buyer traffic,

Louidam1
11-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Yes it's ok but may be a waste of time. I tried posting my blog post on FB and paid $5 to advertise my post which was a complete waste.

jahsonzok
11-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Well i have been posting on Facebook for a while now with my new company.. Had some success. So i guess its about luck more than anything else.. I would love to find out where does one get that targeted traffic.

antubd
11-28-2013, 04:57 AM
I think, thats will not work at all. So, do not waste your time to do it.

AllanJames
11-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Well i have been posting on Facebook for a while now with my new company.. Had some success. So i guess its about luck more than anything else.. I would love to find out where does one get that targeted traffic.

Well that's easy, it's high quality targeted and exclusive and you ask me.

And it's not about luck. If your results were low (assuming you had a decent sales funnel to followup with them) your traffic, and that includes facebook traffic (which is pretty lousy for make money offers), is poor quality.

QueenMaa
11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Would you be purchasing ads on facebook or are they talking about advertising your links in facebook groups or fan pages? If it is the latter I would say that is not a good idea because most people don't pay it any attention.

AllanJames
12-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Would you be purchasing ads on facebook or are they talking about advertising your links in facebook groups or fan pages? If it is the latter I would say that is not a good idea because most people don't pay it any attention.

Sorry, who are you direction the your question at?

If it's about the exclusive targeted leads we're using to get 50% conversions, the answer is a resounding no.

Arieajiol
12-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Indeed, you are able to post your affiliate link on your Facebook timeline.

Here is a helpful tip on how to get people clicking on your affiliate website by using Facebook.

When you begin to post your affiliate link on your Facebook page, make sure to come up with an outstanding title or message. And if you took the time to really brainstorm a compelling message to introduce your affiliate link, and not rushing through it to quickly, most likely, you are going to have a whole bunch of people clicking on your affiliate site nonstop, and hopefully you might generate some sales from it as well.

I hope that helps.

MariaThompson
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
The best way to proceed:

Forget about posting links on your personal social accounts. You'll make zilch (or peanuts, which are high in cholesterol and bad, M'kay?)

So . . .

Create some social accounts based on the product you want to promote. Floppy-eared Pink Bunny Rabbits, for instance.

Instead of it now being a waste of time (as I think someone mentioned) you will only be followed, liked, etc, by people - wait for it - interested in floppy-eared Pink Bunny Rabbits. Which means your promotions will be targeted. Grow your networks and grow your income.

More questions? Ask away!

ThinkBig22
12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Someone above hit the nail on the head, people are on facebook to socialize and to be entertained, it's not the place to be trying to sell things to your friends. Of course it depends on what the product is, but I can guarantee you won't get results/sales from a facebook post. (Ok, maybe 1 sale is possible, but it is really worth the effort for 1 sale.) Ultimately I'd say you'd be wasting your time and credibility.

If you want to make money online, spend some time (and money) to learn marketing, direct response marketing, and copywriting.

Set up a website targeting whatever niche you're interested, and work on getting targeted traffic, either through SEO or PPC.

That's my 2 cents...

MariaThompson
12-19-2013, 07:29 PM
No offense, Thinking Big, but . . .

This is only partially right.

People use Facebook to socialize, true, but they create and join groups and fan pages to discuss a common interest. These are the places where sales are made. Many marketers earn $xx,xxx daily in this endeavor, in fact. Why? Because you have a collection of people who are interested in a specific thing: no different than the collection of people who visit a website via SEO or any other form of marketing. Therefore, you have a ready audience to promote. If it made no money, you wouldn't have so many groups and pages with millions of members, all of whom are existing in a promotional environment.

I could talk at length, but I'm l'll leave it there and answer questions if anyone has any!

DarioMontesdeOca
12-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Would you mind sharing the product with us? I am curious to see if it converts well and is a good product to promote.

A big factor in affiliate marketing success and making money is how well the product converts into sales. If there are two systems/products that are basically the same thing, you'll want to start advertising and selling the one that converts higher and pays better.

AllanJames
12-30-2013, 01:58 AM
A big factor in affiliate marketing success and making money is how well the product converts into sales. If there are two systems/products that are basically the same thing, you'll want to start advertising and selling the one that converts higher and pays better.

Absolutely correct. It's an important piece of online business maths ...... which in simple terms goes like this:

Conversions X individual sale value - cost of advertising = profit.

I know for instance (with my teams conversion % to sale) 100 optins = 17 paid applications. From those 17 I expect, roughly, 8 sales = $100X8 =$800

In practice I can get 17 optins for under $250

BUT, if it was costing me $800 to get them I would be going elsewhere to get my traffic - because there is no profit in it.

Knowing the numbers allows you to scale up your success. (add any numbers of zeros to your advertising)

healthysolutions
01-01-2014, 11:22 PM
You should create a facebook fan page. Sometime friends and family my get sick of seeing all the other stuff. I advertise on twitter it should be fine. Just don't stop at social media use other outlets as well. I'm getting into more offline marketing now. You will reach people you would never get online. Also if you email people a lot add your website to your signature also.

Offline Marketing
- Business Cards
- Drop Cards
- Post Cards
- Flyers & More

saramazen
01-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Hello
I,m newbie too and do like to know most easy and trust way to can earn money i have read about share post ads or read email or survey

wait your advise

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1