WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

BradleyB
11-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Pampered Chef consultants,

I have a question for you. When you host your parties, I believe you are typically providing food for your event in order to showcase your kitchen products (kitchenware, stoneware),etc). If I may ask, how many dollars do you spend on food for your events? ($10, $25, $50?, etc.)

(On a side note, my wife and I have a food chopper from Pampered Chef. Its a great product. I suspect its a top seller)

Feel free to reply to this post or direct message me if you'd like.

Regards,

Bradley

lani7
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm seriously thinking of joining bec it seems it would be an easy sell
But the commission so low. 20% correct? Jewelry i use to sell was 50%
But i thought they were expensive so i stop. It just seems like you
Have to sell so much to make it worthwhile.

What are your average sales parties? How much do you need to
Sell to make more than 20%. And how? Thanks.

lorah
11-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm not a rep for PC but when I had parties, I bought the food for the rep to cook. I, too, thought about selling lani7, but not for 20%.

BradleyB
11-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I am not a rep for Pampered Chef, so I cannot help you out. I am posing the above question to PC consultants. Looking forward to a few replies (hopefully)

cloud9
11-26-2013, 04:13 PM
My sponsor brought her own raw chicken roast pre-seasoned to my party and cooked it in the baker, in my microwave. She also cut up fresh herbs with the PC chopper for the chicken too as part of her demo. The result smelled and tasted heavenly.
I've only done a Facebook qualified party to date.I didn't provide food, and my hostess saved tons of money and received hostess credit too. I made a commission as well.

lani7
11-26-2013, 07:11 PM
In all fairness, I think this company has proven itself as far as being able to really
get a big share of the market for what it is. I think there are many making lots of
$ in Pampered Chef...but you really have to work it.

I'm still considering it because it would seem easier to pick up online parties and such
even if the commission is small. There's more competition but definetely the market
for these products are there.

cloud9
12-01-2013, 10:15 AM
agreed Lani7, there are those who seriously work PC and make serious money. I personally would not spend more than $10 (if any) on the high end for food when working it as the consultant. Fortunately PC is very generous with hostesses. I would be happy to consult for anyone (if you don't already have a pampered chef consultant) if they want to hold an online pampered chef party via facebook. :)

thepartylady
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM
To answer the original question.....as a consultant, I spend between $10 and $20 per show. I probably do a little more than the rest. I would say $10 is a good average number for a consultant. Your host should provide most of the ingredients for the demo recipe. We try to train to only do one recipe per show, that way no one is out of pocket too much money.

To expound on some other comments about the commissions being so low. Initially, I was turned off by this also, but Pampered Chef offers the opportunity to earn everything you need to run your business, so you don't have to pay for things out of pocket. Every month for doing only 2 or three months they send you a free product or item to help your business. This month they are offering a new Spring product if you do the 2 or 3 shows. Also, if your sales hit over $1500, you will receive an additional 5% in Pampered Chef dollars. You can use those to purchase products, catalogs or other business supplies. Twice a year they offer the opportunity to earn part or the entire new line of products. So, while yes, the commissions seem low, Pampered Chef does A LOT for their consultants. I am happy I made the decision 3 years ago to join!

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have and I will try to answer them!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1