WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SAHMof2
11-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I have to share this story with you...

Today I went to Diva Day (local shopping expo they have once a year) and I walked in and right at the entrance of the building was an Avon table. Of course I knew the reps and asked how they were doing. I wasn't there to advertise my Avon business though, I was there to share information about my fundraiser for a local girl who was in an accident and had to go through four brain surgeries. Had I known about this event before two days ago I would have gotten a booth to do our fundraiser (you do, you learn right?). So I do my rounds and share flyers with everyone there and leave the first building. Now time to walk into the second building, guess who's table was at the entrance there? Mary Kay! So I share my flyer and information with her and she automatically starts trying to recruit me. I told her I'm sorry but I am already an Avon rep...did that stop her? NO! So I let her do her blue in the mouth recruiting efforts, take the information she gave me and tell her have a nice day.

Lesson for new leadership reps: If you have convince your potential recruit to sign up you are just going to be disappointed in the end. Don't oversell yourself. The more you push recruiting the more likely your potential recruit is going to start pushing away from you and the company. Just give them information and follow up with them in a few days!

*In*2*Win*
11-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Very well put!

I like this forum - is such a great sharing place!

Bonnie
:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Jannie
11-18-2013, 07:26 PM
That's wonderful that you're doing a fund raiser for that little girl! Sure hope everything turns out all right for her...and thanks for sharing the information as to your experience with the 'recruiter.'

Know what you're saying about 'pushy' people...ones like you mentioned just don't realize, apparently, that they're going about recruiting all wrong. egads...

SAHMof2
11-19-2013, 11:30 AM
I am a little passionate about the fundraiser because I have been through similar things as she is going through. My son has had three open heart surgeries so if I am doing what I can to raise as much money for the family. We have done the Pink Flamingo Flocking Fundraiser, a fundraising event, and now a raffle. I can't wait to present the check to the family. We are going to get one of those large checks cut so we can take pictures and everything. The girl is doing well, she is back home and healing. Her family is one of the most spiritual families I have met. They are thankful for everything. They just didn't have insurance because the parents own a small business.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1