WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

sinnej86
11-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone

I would like to join a company that is focused on impacting the life of those in need but I have been able to find any. Thank you!!

missyroth
11-14-2013, 01:16 PM
How much of an impact and what kind of business? A company I just joined gives to a cause that supports single mothers. A portion of the party proceeds is donated to this when a certain dollar level is made at a show. Like I said, I just joined so I'm still learning the details of it. It's Pink Zebra and we sell candle sprinkles that melt in a warmer. Let me know if this might be something you're looking for or if you're looking specifically for jewelry.

I believe Vi Bella supports artisans who make the jewelry. I'm not involved with them, but I read about them a little bit. There is a thread about the company here in the jewelry folder.

Good luck with your search,
Missy Roth

lissababy123
11-14-2013, 07:00 PM
That's awesome your looking for a business with cause to help others! I am with ViBella also and I love hearing about the things this company is doing all the time for those in need!

Melissa
ViBella Jewelry Consultant
South Dakota

Eye
11-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Just my opinion. But you can take any DS business and put it toward a good cause. With O2 I've done several fund raisers as well as donated a portion of my commissions to a local charity.

At team meetings my direct has everyone bring in items to give to the local food pantry and CASA.

Your business is what you make it. Good luck!

nv93446
11-17-2013, 09:27 AM
I agree that even if your company isn't associated with a cause you can still do something on your own :). Some companies are simply small like mine and not there yet. I've been blessed with my business where I'll be able to use some of the money to donate to charities during this holidays for much needed children and families.

BradleyB
11-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree with what people are posting above. Join a company in which you love their PRODUCTS. That way you can be passionate about selling... (I'd hate to try and sell for a company whereby I wasn't loving their products).............

Then I would take the commission I'm earning and donate those to the charity(ies) I have a vested interest in.

I think I would hard pressed to find a company that supports a charity that I personally believe in and want to support as well. This way you can donate your proceeds to a dog shelter or your local church, or both! :)

Erin Barnes
11-17-2013, 08:06 PM
South Hill Designs has a collection where 100% of the sales are donated to Make a Wish Canada and Make A Wish Arizona. Amazing company, wonderful organization.

mrohlfs
11-18-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm so proud to be a part of what Vi Bella is doing! If you'd like to help build Adeline a new home, we would love that! See link below to read more about what Vi Bella is doing for women in Haiti.

Want to be Part of a Miracle? A Challenge: #HomeForTheHolidays | Jennifer Dukes Lee (http://jenniferdukeslee.com/want-to-be-part-of-a-miracle-a-challenge-homefortheholidays/)

HomeBizHope
11-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Mrohlfs - Wow, I love how ViBella is so mission driven! You can actually show someone how their purchase helps a specific woman and her family! It's very cool!! :D

mrohlfs
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks, it is pretty amazing!! :)

lissababy123
11-20-2013, 07:16 PM
I love the new Home for Holiday fundraiser ViBella is doing right now! We are almost there!

cabimom
11-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Stella and Dot is a fashion forward jewelry and accessory company where the focus is giving women the opportunity to have a real business from home with all of the high tech amenities to allow you to sell from basically anywhere, not just home parties. The product line is fabulous.

The Stella and Dot foundation partners with Build On and Girls Inc. to help empower women and children. 100% of the proceeds from our special foundation items go toward these partner charities.

Company website: stelladot.com

debcottage
11-21-2013, 03:10 PM
What a great question! That is real important to me too. I am with Azuli Skye Jewelry and that is real important to our CEO/Founder too. Every month, we have a different cause or two with proceeds from several of the items going towards them. We are able to voice our opinion when they are choosing which causes to support and I think that is really special. In addition to what they are supporting that month, I usually come up with my own special to further support someplace local. You can contact me if you have any questions. Good luck!!;)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1