WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

starryeyed
11-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get some input on what a good site to start on would be. I recently moved to Europe, and was considering trying my hand at online readings - I have been interested in Tarot for almost 20 years, but am in no way an expert. I've taken the occasional class, but am largely self taught. I also have never read for strangers, just family and friends whom I trust. To top it off, I'm a little rusty. I plan on devoting the next few weeks to practicing/reaquainting myself with my deck so I'm a bit more confident.

Sorry for all that! Just wanted to give you some background, Would any of you recommend any particular site over another. I know they all have pros and cons, but one MAIN PREFERENCE is to do the readings via chat/email. I'm very uncomfortable with video chat. I just worry about letting the wrong 'energies' in, if that makes sense. I wouldn't be adverse to phone calls, but I live in a fairly isolated place and don't have a landline as of yet.

I've done a little research, and was curious about bitwine. I know it's not the highest trafficked site, but with time difference, I might benefit taking late night callers. Also, like I said, I have no prior 'resume' type experience.

What are your impressions of that site? Is it ethical/safe? I've heard the pay is something like .25 per dollar? Is that better than average? Average? I don't mind starting low/doing this on the side, or even using it to build confidence for future endeavors.

Any tips? Other sites that fit my agenda but you think are better? Are the other seasoned readers cold to newbs, or is that the norm?

Sorry for that novel, I would just really appreciate honest feedback. I'd like to think I'm ethical and want to help people, with this potentially being a career on some level for me, even if it's part time.

Thanks again xo

IsisRose
11-14-2013, 12:03 PM
One of the places I sell readings on is Etsy. It's very relaxed. You can list email readings, phone readings, chat readings or just about anything you can think of. The site works like eBay to some degree, only you have to make your own items, psychic readings are still okay to list there and the fees are much cheaper than eBay.

Now, I don't make a lot on Etsy, I average around $150 to $200 a month there, but it is easy and I can count on it. Most of it is from the regulars I have built up over the years. I started out on eBay in 2007, and when they stopped allowing listings most of my regulars followed me. I built up regulars by delivering quality and at a really good price. When I started I offered my readings just slightly lower than the lowest listing. I did the math and figured at worse for an hour of my time I would make $10 and on the better priced readings I would average $20+ an hour and I could live with that. For money you can count on you will have to build up some regulars. A lot of my regulars actually consider me a friend and that is how it will become.

If you decide to try it there, my advise would be to look at what others are offering and at what price. If you see successful people, what are they doing?

You can also check around for different phone jobs, etc... I have done that in the past but not for long. With some of those I found myself sitting at the phone waiting for it to ring and afraid to walk away. I could sit for hours without a client coming through and it seemed like a waste of my time. With Etsy, people place the order and I am notified and I deliver whatever the type of reading it is within the stated time frame. With the rest of my time, I can find other ways to make money, like writing for instance.

Good luck!

elana242
01-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Starz does not do phone readings, only chat and email. She was paying $1.00 a minute which is good and is via PayPal or how you want it. The owner's name is Natalie and they have an emporium where you can sell readings, etc.:)

previa74
02-06-2014, 01:00 PM
I would start with Etsy too. I wish it had been available for me when I started doing this professionally 6 years ago! I suggest it because like the other poster said, you can set your own rates and terms. Decide what services you want to offer, and you don't have to deal with people begging for freebies or following a phone/line chat line rules or pay them a percentage of your earnings. Plus, you can say how long it will take you to perform a service. So you can take your time and not have to rush. I started on there in May of last year and I'm doing pretty well considering the small amount of time I put into it. If you put yourself into it 100%, I think you'll do well. Good luck!

Edited to add: you do have to pay service fees for your listings, but they are not unreasonable and better than making 30 cents a min. taking calls IMO.

DJ716
04-19-2014, 12:47 PM
starry eyed, have you tried psychic source or California Psychics?

WAHMBrenda
04-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Starz does not do phone readings, only chat and email. She was paying $1.00 a minute which is good and is via PayPal or how you want it. The owner's name is Natalie and they have an emporium where you can sell readings, etc.:)

Starz does now offer phone as well.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1