WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Instagram?

ndswam
11-01-2013, 06:17 AM
I have a question. Do any of you post your work on Instagram as another means of generating a following on social media?

We are starting to put our heads together to come up with additional marketing tools for 2015 Seniors (yes this early), and what we are finding while Seniors still use Facebook, Instagram is a big thing. Twitter too but I understand how that works.

So here's my "dumb" question. I understand how Instagram works, but what I want to do is post one of our photos from our sessions up to our Instagram account, either from our web site or upload directly from my computer. Along the same lines as what we do with our "Teasers" we post on Facebook. I don't want to take a picture with my IPhone.

Anyone currently doing this?

lorah
11-04-2013, 05:47 AM
I wish I had answers for you, but I don't own a cell phone so I don't use Instagram. Hopefully someone will chime in with the answers

ndswam
11-04-2013, 06:09 AM
I wish I had answers for you, but I don't own a cell phone so I don't use Instagram. Hopefully someone will chime in with the answers

Thanks :) I've got to sift through some articles I found to figure this out.

CdnPhotog
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm not a fan of Instagram. I think they take too many liberties with your photos in terms of copyrights and usage. Also, the "professional photography community" frowns on it as it appears to have given everyone the impression that they can take terrible pictures, play with them in Instagram, and call themselves "professionals".

tracymw
11-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't use instagram, sorry.

ndswam
11-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not a fan of Instagram. I think they take too many liberties with your photos in terms of copyrights and usage. Also, the "professional photography community" frowns on it as it appears to have given everyone the impression that they can take terrible pictures, play with them in Instagram, and call themselves "professionals".

Those are good points

TommyH
11-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I just started using instagram. The person we use to do our social media suggested setting one up (young person in HS). I found uploading a photo from my website to be cumbersome, we have to process the photo like we would, then save it to the phone, and then upload it. I am sure there is a way to do it online but I don't have the time to look further into it. I left it at the discretion of the person handling our social media.

However, I try not to use too many photos for sites like this as they are very broad on what they can do and use your photos for. Heck I read an article the other day about Pinterest, a lawyer took down their account and stopped using due to the terms after they read them. Basically it says in order to pin something or repin you must have authorization from the copyright holder. They don't use thumbnails but the actual picture, and if that person decided to sue it came down to you not Pinterest. In addition to paying your legal fees you would have to pay the legal fees for Pinterest as well.

Back on subject, for the most part I will use instagram to post snapshots with the phone of maybe a sign for the location I am at, or state line, disney at night thanks to jobs during the day in the area, etc. More as a quick follow for people to see what we are doing or where we are that day and link them back to website for finished images.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1