WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Best laid plans, blah..blah..blah

DSAldridge
10-27-2013, 10:27 AM
I am a total slug. I set plans to get up at 6 a.m. and do my 2 mile walk every day, and I haven't done it YET! This cooler weather is killing me, because I sleep so well when it's cool. After a sweltering Florida summer and a roommate who *****es constantly about the power and keeps the air on 84, I did not get much sleep at all. Now that the nighttime temps are in the 50-60's my body just doesn't want to wake up!

How do you force yourself to do what you need to do? I am so ashamed of myself, because I had this great plan...yeah, right.

I'm going to try again tomorrow. *sigh*:(

danasurvey
10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
I can relate. I just try and force myself. Force yourself enough times and it becomes a habit.

Melinda Farmer
11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
My biggest struggle is the time between my alarm going and hitting the snooze button. I can think of a lot of excuses in those few min to not get up. I have found once I'm up I'm fine and feel so much better after I exercise. I set small goals and small rewards. I started with just a few days of the week and now get up early 5 days. I think about my sleep in days as a reward. Good luck and I hope you can do it!!

alli23
11-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Get a workout buddy! I know that always helps me on days when I don't feel like getting out of better. It's a lot harder to not do it when someone else is counting on you!

Good luck! :)

nattiesmother
11-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Im self-motivated and I just get up and do it!I get up at 5am in the mornings to run.Its not easy,however its the only time I can get to work out.

becky0404
11-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Just thinking about how great it makes me feel after I workout is all I need to get me motivated most of the time :) Sometimes though, I need a little extra "push"...I try to find every excuse in the world to NOT workout. It's totally normal and try not to beat yourself up over it. Try again tomorrow :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1