WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Style?

CdnPhotog
10-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Just curious, what are all of you shooting these days? Personally, I love shooting wildlife, especially birds. I'm hoping to capture a snowy owl this winter. :D Tried my hand at a wedding once. That was an ... interesting experience, to say the least! I usually like to try different styles/subjects. I'm not a fan of street shooting, though.

lorah
10-17-2013, 03:21 AM
Nature/Wildlife is definitely my fave thing to shoot. I love going somewhere, and just walking around. Here where I live there are hundreds and hundreds of places to get some amazing shots. I could never do weddings. I'm too high strung for that and I would have to slap someone if I got stuck with a bridezilla! LOL I do like the idea of pet photography and newborn photography though. But I just really enjoy getting out in nature and letting the shutter fly!

ndswam
10-17-2013, 04:07 AM
My husband's the shooter - our focus is primarily Senior portraits, and he also loves doing dance performance pictures. He also loves Old Barns and we have tons of those to shoot where we live.

We did a small wedding for a good friend of mine and it went very well, but overall I agree it would be way too stressful.

lorah
10-17-2013, 04:36 AM
Oh! I LOVE old barns too! We have lots of them here. We also have lots of very old cemeteries and I love looking around them as well. There is one that is right on a small corner turn on one of the highways. I think there are about 5 headstones there. They are just so neat and I would love to know the stories behind some of them!

CdnPhotog
10-17-2013, 07:19 AM
My husband loves the "old things" LOL. He'll stop for barns, trucks, anything that looks run down and abandoned. I can see the beauty in them when he shoots them, but I could never get my shots to look as good as his.

Cemeteries are so cool! Haven't shot one yet, but I'd love to try it. Hubby wants to pick up a fog machine to try some Hallowe'en style portraits of our kids. Maybe I'll take it out to a cemetery one day and try some shots there. During the day, of course. Would never dream of venturing in there at night!! LOL!

lorah
10-17-2013, 07:26 AM
LOL, yep, I'm pretty sure I could never go at night either. Love the idea of the fog machine. Would love to see them when they are done.

My nephew took a picture of an old wagon wheel in a pasture several years ago and he won first prize in a photo contest. I love old stuff too and driving around to find it!

CdnPhotog
10-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Yes, driving around is half the fun. :) Now that the kids are old enough to be alone for a few hours, hubby and I just love taking off early on a Saturday morning to see what we can find. We've come across some great finds just driving around the countryside aimlessly. :D

ndswam
10-19-2013, 02:58 AM
We do that too. I usually drive and then I can pull over and my husband shoots. Living upstate NY and near Vermont gives us quite a lot of countryside to pick from also.;)

We've done some cool portraits in grave yards. Here's one we did a few years with our youngest. I added a texture to it and popped her hair slightly. At the time she actually had red stips in her hair (just not that dark)

lorah
10-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Oh holy cow that is awesome! What a great picture! Your daughter is a stunner!

CdnPhotog
10-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Wow! Great shot! Love the treatment. :)

ndswam
10-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1