WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Take II

CdnPhotog
10-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi folks. I posted something here earlier, but it seems to have disappeared.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if any of you have tried selling your prints (or greeting cards or calendars etc...) at local arts & crafts fairs, especially around the Christmas season? I've heard that the best way to do this is to have a couple of prints on canvas on display, and then have a binder of 8X10s available so folks can put in orders, and that greeting cards also do well. However, I've also heard that some folks have no luck at all. Just wondering how you all have fared.

Thanks.
Vicky

lorah
10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Your post was deleted because you had a manually entered signature with a live link. Signatures are not allowed until you have 30 posts and they have to be created in the User Control Panel.

CdnPhotog
10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks Lorah. I figured that out after the fact. My bad.

lorah
10-10-2013, 01:29 PM
No problem. Just keep posting and you will be at 30 posts before you know it

lorah
10-10-2013, 01:32 PM
In answer to your question, there are lots of people around here who sell at craft fairs. There is one guy who sets up outside the grocery store that I shop at. He usually has his 8 x 10's in wooden frames and then behind them he has just the prints in plastic. I don't remember if he had greeting cards but the ones who do the craft fairs do and their booths are always packed. I haven't ventured into that yet but would like to at some point.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1