WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Creative Memories new line

accents4you2
10-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Creative Memories is launching their new line on November 1st. I hear possibly with a new company name. I'm attending a Croptober Fest in a couple weeks and I'm sure I'll find out more. I know it is going to be scaled down and different than before. Does anyone have any more info?

lorah
10-06-2013, 03:58 AM
I would sure like to hear what you find out!

Erica Chaves Sandwall
10-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I would love to know more about it. It probably has to do with something online. I know a former consultant who was very high up in the company that told me that everything went downhill when they started the online scrapbooking. I personally love to do it by hand only.

lorah
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm with you. I love playing with my papers and embellishments and arranging things on the page. Yeah I get digital and the "ease" but there is something therapeutic in doing it by hand. I'll never give that up!

accents4you2
10-07-2013, 09:29 PM
What I heard..and this is from CM reps...but there were lots of rumors, speculation, etc....is that the digital line will continue and the hands-on line will be simplified because they found that women want easy, pre-decorated slap pictures on a page books. We heard that while there were 30 of us in a room designing, cutting, creating pages and thinking, "huh, we don't want that.". It will be interesting. My crop is on the 19th so I'll keep you all posted. :)

lorah
10-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Interesting. Being that simplistic is what left them in the dust in the first place. I remember when I first discovered scrapbooking it was a CM album that a friend did. I thought it was cool and then I went to an all day crop several months later and when I discovered what was out there, I thought wow! All of the other companies grow and evolve but CM was always stuck it seemed. I will be really anxious to hear!

accents4you2
10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Apparently studies show the women who like all the bells and whistles, hands on crafting, are getting older. As we were told this we looked around the room and sure enough there was maybe one 20 something in the room, and no teens. Younger women aren't taking up the "craft" form of scrapbooking. So in order to reach the younger market, they are simplifying. CM won awards for a new line that was introduced that was simple and easy, and supposedly super innovative. I believe the awards were given by the DSA.

So maybe "we're" getting older, but don't they realize that real scrapbookers are literally going to crop until we drop...We can be their target market for years!! :)

lorah
10-09-2013, 12:35 AM
LOL, well I don't know who they are 'studying'! I just don't see how they can get much simpler. And if 'younger' scrappers don't want the bells and whistles then somebody needs to teach them what they're missing! I'll never get it, but it doesn't matter LOL I'll stick with other companies that offer more choice. I wish them the best but honestly don't see it.

accents4you2
10-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Lorah,

Just wanted to update you. I went to the crop yesterday. All the reps know (and there were 4 of them there) is that the name has changed and digital will continue. Although the line starts on the 1st, it hasn't been revealed to them yet. There is a company call tomorrow, so maybe more will be revealed. The new name is something like, Ahi and Zoey...not positive of the spelling. I'll post if I hear anything.

Kind of sad for some of these reps who have been with CM for years...

P.S I mentioned about other companies not simplifying and they told me many others are actually closing. There's a big one in the Mid West that is a large chain that is going out of biz. :(

lorah
10-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks so much for the update. I've been watching this to see if there was anything new. Well, I can tell ya, I don't like the new name. LOL As far as I know the Big 3 aren't going anywhere. But then I am not a rep for any of them so I don't know the "scoop" It really saddens me to hear of so many closing. I look forward to your updates. I just can't imagine scrapbooking going away.

Erica Chaves Sandwall
10-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I really doubt that the Big 3 are going anywhere. They just got all of Creative Memories customers. They will probably redo some things but not close. As I have friends in the other 3 and no one has said that they are closing. Too many like to scrapbook with paper and not digital.

accents4you2
10-21-2013, 08:23 AM
I really doubt that the Big 3 are going anywhere. They just got all of Creative Memories customers. They will probably redo some things but not close. As I have friends in the other 3 and no one has said that they are closing. Too many like to scrapbook with paper and not digital.

The one I mentioned that was closing is a very large brick and mortar chain of scrap book stores...I wasn't referring to other DS companies. :)

accents4you2
10-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Found this on a blog:

"The New Name for Creative Memories is "Ahni & Zoe", according to CM FB site. The consultants will find out about the New Company on Monday and the rest of the world on Tuesday. It is a very strange name but all I care about is what they sell."

accents4you2
10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks so much for the update. I've been watching this to see if there was anything new. Well, I can tell ya, I don't like the new name. LOL As far as I know the Big 3 aren't going anywhere. But then I am not a rep for any of them so I don't know the "scoop" It really saddens me to hear of so many closing. I look forward to your updates. I just can't imagine scrapbooking going away.

You're welcome. I don't think scrapbooking will be going away..but will probably continue to change. It is so theraputic..lol. I cropped for 10 hours for Croptoberfest on Saturday...just love it! I got a lot accomplished too!
I'm going to be contacting my CM rep today to see if she can reveal anything.

BTW..Who do you consider the big 3?

lorah
10-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Close to my Heart, Stampin Up and Memory Works. I looked into which company was closing. Are you talking about Archivers? I don't think they had one here in Missouri or at least close to me. From what I read, they are only closing a few stores. I sure hope they keep the paper and don't go all digital. I just don't like it.

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 12:16 PM
This is the scoop: their new digital is an App that allows you to take, organize, edit and print pics. It is set up to allow you to pick your favorites and once a minimum number (set by you) is reached, the favorites will be sent off to be printed and sent to your doorstep. No digital scrapbooking at this time.

The rest of the line is made up of 11 Fast to Fabulous Albums with new "trendy" names. Some are the same ones they have had for awhile, just with hipster style names. You will be able to purchase preprinted refills for those albums. Then there will be a slide in album option that basically consists of a 12x12ish page with 6 - 4x6 pockets in either the landscape or the horizontal orientation and also large pocket pages. Those pages will fit the strap hinge style albums, but they have not said whether they are exactly the same dimensions and build as the ones that were all just discontinued, so not sure if these refills and pocket pages will fit the coversets they just discontinued. To fill the pockets that you don't have pics for, there will be mat packs you can buy and slide into the empty 4x6 pockets you don't use. From there, they will have 2 double ended pens (black and brown) and 2 metallic single end pens (Gold and silver) along with a tape runner that dispenses tabs, 2 everyday displays (brown and black) and a small crayola crayon style box for pics.

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 12:18 PM
At one point this was locked down with a password, but for some reason no longer is, so I was able to view it.
Not sure how long it will stay open to the public, it may be open on purpose.

http://www.creativememories.com/uploads/2/2/0/8/22088492/product_catalog.pdf

lorah
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing that! I saw the catalog and I have to say, I'm not impressed but I am used to having way more choices than what they are going to offer. Very interesting though.

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
I honestly wonder if they know you can get in without the password...kind of like the name change that was leaked on Friday by "accident" They either have some issues in their IT department or all these leaks are on purpose. Glad I happened upon the post where someone said it was open to the public now. I'm very impatient. LOL

lorah
10-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Are you a rep for them? Or are you going to be? I don't even own a cell phone so that system wouldn't work for me

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm an avid CM hoarder...I mean collector. LOL I'm just part of a couple FB groups and scrapbook forums and know a lot of CMCs

lorah
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Oh LOL. I was just curious. Welcome to the forums!

liz.jewels
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I have so much CM stuff that I never used because I was all ideas and no follow through. My wedding book and my book for my first child got done, but the holiday book, heirloom family book, and book for my second child never got done. Still have everything in the closet...just waiting for the day. LOL!

An easier format might be good for those scrappers like me who ran out of steam before they ran out of ideas!

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks, I was looking to see if there was anything else posted about it, but I think that's all they put out for now. I guess it's a lot, but like I said, I'm impatient. I think my biggest question is how long before they introduce more options and will it be more of the stuff in the catalog or will they ever come back with some stuff for those of us that like the creative side.

lorah
10-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I do believe it is going to have a certain market. Maybe the younger set. For me, I like all my supplies and I like to play with them on the page. Scrapbooking has something for every taste!

lorah
10-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks, I was looking to see if there was anything else posted about it, but I think that's all they put out for now. I guess it's a lot, but like I said, I'm impatient. I think my biggest question is how long before they introduce more options and will it be more of the stuff in the catalog or will they ever come back with some stuff for those of us that like the creative side.

I'll be curious to see what happens too.

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I had a CMC friend say once that the Fast to Fabulous albums can be done in an hour if all the pictures are selected and printed already. I haven't done one, so I don't know that from experience. I'd be more likely to buy one because of the coverset and then just cover the pages with a full background. I just love their pages and albums.

lorah
10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I have one of their albums, it's pink and I like it. I'm trying to find one now for a Heritage Album I want to do and I can't find one to save my life. I'm going to do it vintage, shabby chic style.

accents4you2
10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm an avid CM hoarder...I mean collector. LOL I'm just part of a couple FB groups and scrapbook forums and know a lot of CMCs

ANPA6,

I'm looking for some original 12 by 12 albums, pages, etc. Since you're a "collector" would you happen to have any you'd like to sell? (or any of the reps you know). If you do, please message me with colors, prices, etc. I'd love to know what some of the forum names are too!

Thanks for the link. Interesting. I like the In a Wink ( I think it's called) convenience. Do you know if they send out the individual photos or entire pages that people design. I'm thinking pages since you can add comments. I think I would like that for certain projects.

I'm glad to see many of the past CM items are compatible with the new line. I do hope it is expanded. I'm thinking maybe with the restructure, they are just starting out super super simple.

I can see how the simplicity would attract a lot of new customers...and there is a place for it even for avid scrappers for certain projects...but I will never give up the crafty side of it. It's too much fun!

accents4you2
10-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Are you a rep for them? Or are you going to be? I don't even own a cell phone so that system wouldn't work for me

Lorah,
I read in the catalog that the "inawink" will be available on the web in 2014. :)

ANPA6
10-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I don't. I never bought unless it was something that I was definitely not getting rid of.

As far as the forums/groups, I couldn't tell you which one had the info on it and it may have even been a post on the CMHO page. I tried to find it again, but can't. I am a member of so many that I couldn't tell you all their exact names. There is CM Going Going Gone is probably the best one, there is a Secret group that I thought about joining, but they get really into the weeds on the bankruptcy legal stuff and a lot of people call them negative. I'll look through my groups and see if I can find any others. I basically typed Scrapbook into the search window on FB and joined anything that looked interesting. LOL

SunnyGirlScraps
10-21-2013, 07:06 PM
The one I mentioned that was closing is a very large brick and mortar chain of scrap book stores...I wasn't referring to other DS companies. :)

Actually, the "brick & mortar" company you are referring to which also happens to be a Minnesota Company just like CM is not closing but restructuring however they are closing their "under performing" locations. They've also been focusing more on the digital scrapbooking and trying to show how to incorporate both traditional with digital.

SunnyGirlScraps
10-21-2013, 07:10 PM

The other thing I noticed in the catalog is that they ONLY SHOW the app available for IOS systems with nothing for Android or Google systems (I'm certain those would be coming but kind of strange not to release all at the same time)... I'm actually an Apple lover but I really don't like using my iPhone for these types of things as the screen is way too small!

Erica Chaves Sandwall
10-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Ok why does it have to Apple, I freaking hate it. Yes I am a Android all the way. Seriously why do I want to send my pictures to the company. I don't want anyone with my personal pictures. It looks like the Life albums or whatever they are called. No thanks I will not but it. I searched the web to see what company was closing I didn't find any.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1