WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Anyone use Weebly?

DSAldridge
10-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I read that Weebly allows affiliate ads, and I'm looking at moving my writer's site over there. Don't know much about it. I built a site there once, but it was not to my liking, so I deleted it. It seems sort of difficult to tweak the templates the way you want. I know they've changed it a lot, so I'm going to check it out again.

I figured that I could do some writing program ads, maybe some ClickBank that has to do with writing and some Amazon stuff.

The thing I don't like about it is I like having a blog on my site, but their blog is really kinda sucky, or it was last time I used it. Of course, I could have a Blogger blog and link to it from the nav bar.

Yuliya Mironova
10-05-2013, 03:15 AM
I believe they no longer allow ads for e-books if you host there using their free service. Many of the terms of service have changed fairly recently - I suggest plenty of careful research and not relying on any second-hand information!

For what it's worth, I've heard very good things (from people who have been using it for many years) about their paid service "Weebly Pro", and I think they might actually be a better hosting company that they're widely credited with. I think many people in forums make general comments about "Weebly hosting" when they're actually talking only about the free service (which does, undeniably, have some strings and catches as one might expect), so some of what you read may inadvertently be misleading you.

Anything's better than "Blogger", anyway? ;)

DSAldridge
10-05-2013, 05:26 AM
I believe they no longer allow ads for e-books if you host there using their free service. Many of the terms of service have changed fairly recently - I suggest plenty of careful research and not relying on any second-hand information!

For what it's worth, I've heard very good things (from people who have been using it for many years) about their paid service "Weebly Pro", and I think they might actually be a better hosting company that they're widely credited with. I think many people in forums make general comments about "Weebly hosting" when they're actually talking only about the free service (which does, undeniably, have some strings and catches as one might expect), so some of what you read may inadvertently be misleading you.

Anything's better than "Blogger", anyway? ;)

For a professional site, I don't want a blog, but I want a blog to be part of it, where I can post articles about my career and about writing in general. You and I will have to agree to disagree about Blogger, though, because I like it (as you well know). If I have a blog attached to my Weebly site, it will probably be on Blogger, since I will be able to use a subdomain there for free. :) I'm all about free and easy.

lorah
10-05-2013, 05:39 AM
I have used Weebly and honestly, I didn't like it. I have several free websites at Webs.com and it is really easy to use.

Yuliya Mironova
10-05-2013, 05:40 AM
I'm all about free and easy.

That's maybe why we seem to disagree about so much: I'm all about getting reliable, secure, professional, guaranteed services with built-in customer care facilities that give me legal rights, plenty of reassurances and the prospect of redress if things go wrong. The cost of that security is negligibly small and it's all tax-deductible anyway. :o :)

DSAldridge
10-05-2013, 09:28 AM
I have used Weebly and honestly, I didn't like it. I have several free websites at Webs.com and it is really easy to use.

Yes, I liked Web.com too when I set up a community there once. But you can't use your domain for free. Weebly appeals to me for that reason.

lorah
10-05-2013, 11:27 AM
No problem, just wanted to throw it out there for ya!

AllanJames
10-06-2013, 12:19 PM
That's maybe why we seem to disagree about so much: I'm all about getting reliable, secure, professional, guaranteed services with built-in customer care facilities that give me legal rights, plenty of reassurances and the prospect of redress if things go wrong. The cost of that security is negligibly small and it's all tax eductible anyway. :o :)

I agree. I simply cannot understand why anyone wouldn't want to spend $10 a month for (my preference) a Hostgator account, install Wordpress on it and purchase a decent theme for it.

That way you have full control.

Using Blogger, Weebly and others is a bit like building a brick and mortar business premises on 5 year leased land - risky

brondie
10-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I kind of like weebly. I am just starting to make websites, and I hope I don't run into any issues with it, but I find it so much easier than wordpress. I think you can probably make a more complicated site with wordpress, and if I was doing something really professional wordpress might be better. But just starting out, for a fairly simple blog with a few affiliate links, it seems to be working and I have make a really nice website in a week, where I have been working on another one with wordpress for months and barely started because it is so hard... :p

DSAldridge
10-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I kind of like weebly. I am just starting to make websites, and I hope I don't run into any issues with it, but I find it so much easier than wordpress. I think you can probably make a more complicated site with wordpress, and if I was doing something really professional wordpress might be better. But just starting out, for a fairly simple blog with a few affiliate links, it seems to be working and I have make a really nice website in a week, where I have been working on another one with wordpress for months and barely started because it is so hard... :p

It really is easy to make a professional looking site there. My son did his site on Weebly, which is what made me think of it. I asked him who designed it, and he said he created it on Weebly.

fxmagnet sense
11-11-2013, 11:18 PM
weebly is not about designing your own theme, they're not intended to work that way. They have a ready-made template and your job is to add content on the website. You can have a free website or a paid weebly account paying some monthly fee. But I think they have a good service because not only they ease your job to make money online by giving you a nice and high converting websites in any niche, you can also rank higher in search engine, because instead of getting a shared web hosting, you better go with weebly because they have a unique IP in their server... So, it's a good advantage to rank higher in google (search engine)

tb550home
11-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I have several sites on both Weebly and Webs and they both seem to be working well.

QueenMaa
11-16-2013, 06:10 PM
If you are planning on doing affiliate marketing I wouldn't use weebly. I had a weebly site and it was shutdown because they claimed it had money making sites on it. I was using the free service and I was planning on upgrading. I was really upset because I really liked weebly, but I found something much better. So, I guess it was for the best. Weebly is just a website builder and there are other's out there. I like the website builders because you can start out free and then upgrade.

DonnaleeM
11-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Although I like Weebly if you intend to do affiliate marketing within your site you are far better off doing your own WordPress site you have so much more control with it.

WordPress sites are easy to do and don't cost that much. Web hosting is cheap and a domain name can be had right now for a little as 1.99 and hosting can be gotten for less than $10.00 per month.

If you are worried about doing your own site there is a good beginners tutorial video that will walk you step by step on YouTube:

you can find it here: Create an INCREDIBLE WordPress Blog - 2013 (Beginner Friendly) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al8RPerjNjY#t=36)

Once you start doing your own site .........You won't use any of the other such as blogger or Weebly anymore ..Unless of course you use them to link back to your WP site :p

Louidam1
11-26-2013, 09:53 AM
I've been using Weebly for years and I really enjoy it. I use their Pro package and I could add my affiliate links on my website with no problems. Down side is Weebly is lacking on plug ins, other than that it's easy to create a good website with their drop down modules.

Charmlin
12-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I read that Weebly allows affiliate ads, and I'm looking at moving my writer's site over there. Don't know much about it. I built a site there once, but it was not to my liking, so I deleted it. It seems sort of difficult to tweak the templates the way you want. I know they've changed it a lot, so I'm going to check it out again.

I figured that I could do some writing program ads, maybe some ClickBank that has to do with writing and some Amazon stuff.

The thing I don't like about it is I like having a blog on my site, but their blog is really kinda sucky, or it was last time I used it. Of course, I could have a Blogger blog and link to it from the nav bar.

I love Weebly! It's my sitebuilder for both my websites. Yes, you can do affiliate marketing there but I don't know about blog features since I don't blog. The free version only allows 6 pages and if you want to do ecommerce you'll have to pay $2.99 per month, which isn't much. Overall, I think they're great.

mountainmom5
12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I still use both Webs and Weebly for anything that I am simply throwing out there for information, but for any websites where I sell items, I like to use paid versions with security features. If you have wordpress you can get plugins that are secure as well but you need to host your own wp on hostgator or somewhere.

I learned that lesson the hard way! Had a bunch of great blogs on the free wp platform and they locked them ALL. I couldn't even access them and no, I didn't back up anything way back then. lol

But different things work for different people, and I use them all for various things.... blogger, wordpress hosted on hostgator, weebly, webs and Volusion for my high priced furniture site. :)

anngrant
09-29-2017, 12:42 AM
When it comes to opting for a website builder, Iím leaning towards Weebly since it is incredibly effective. IIf you want the cheapest option, surely go for Weebly. Here is a helpful review on it - Weebly Review (http://www.webbuildersguide.com/website-builders-reviews/weebly-review/) . In comparison to other website builders, I consider Weebly to be one of the most user-friendly website builders available on the market today.

pvr
10-16-2017, 05:51 PM
I have most of my websites hosted on with a regular hosting company, but if I need something quick and am not sure if it is going to be long term, I have been using pilvia.com . They offer free wordpress hosting with SSL. So far no problems. The site you get is a subdomain just like it is with Weebly, but you can register a domain and forward it to the name that Pilvia gives you so it is still free. You can have your website with its own domain name, but if Pilvia hosts that for you, I think it's $7 a month. I have just used their free subdomain websites and forwarded a domain to them and they work great for free. All of the sites they host are Wordpress, so if you don't want to do Wordpress, then that wouldn't work for you. Fortunately, there are a ton of nice looking Wordpress themes that it is easy to build your own website with or without a blog or have a blog by itself. All of their websites now include SSL for free which is a great security feature.

QueenMaa
10-25-2017, 09:37 AM
I had a site with Weebly. I really liked Weebly but they shutdown my site. I was using the free site though. If you do go with them make sure you upgrade. Because that would be the best thing to do. I use a website builder too. I like them because you can start for free. However, my plan is to upgrade very soon.

peterpage
04-10-2019, 02:21 AM
Yes, i have use weebly, is a very good platform to create stunning website at free of cost.

WorkOnlineSites
05-16-2019, 06:07 PM
I have used Weebly quite a while ago in the past. It is a pretty simple platform to use. They make it very easy. I had a really good experience with it.

AngelaVWH
05-19-2019, 08:02 PM
The Weebly sites I've seen have been kind of weird... I used Squarespace, but am not 100% crazy about it either....

beakaira
06-15-2019, 04:02 AM
I have tried Weebly its a good platform for simple websites but if you need more customization you should switch to WordPress

bhaver
06-20-2019, 03:45 AM
There are much better options.

Taurygirl
07-22-2019, 01:32 PM
I simply like Weebly's basically for a beginner's website but if you're looking for a more professional looking one, definitely go for WP.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1