WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

DSAldridge
10-04-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm adding "home" to my gardening blog, to expand the reach a little. Gardening is the #1 hobby in the world, but it isn't a very lucrative topic for a blog. If you add home wares, it becomes a lot better.

My blog is PR2, and most of the better affiliates require PR3 and above to accept you. Does anyone know of any home affiliates that will accept a PR2 blog? I want things like furniture and accessories right now, and I'll get into appliances when I can get into the better affiliatea that need higher rankings and more traffic, which won't take long once I get going.

One turned me down because I had no privacy policy up, so I'm working on that and a TOU. Never worried much about having these things before, as it was just an adsense blog for fun.

Any other tips on turning a personal hobby blog into a professional money-making blog will be appreciated. I've found a store template, so I'm going to use that for products, as well as the main pages, but want to get some good affiliates for those, but in the meantime, I will use Amazon and Clickback stuff.

Thanks! I'm determined to make affiliate marketing work for me next year, so I'm getting all my blogs set up.

LilBlackDress
10-04-2013, 12:25 PM
You must have an affiliate disclosure as it is required by the FTC. If you opt to join Amazon they require a separate disclosure specific to them. A privacy policy is also required by many affiliate companies.

Frankyznz
10-04-2013, 04:44 PM
i agree with you lilblackdress

great idea though dsaldridge, looks like its going to work out for you.. best of luck and great success

thanks, Franky

DSAldridge
10-04-2013, 05:40 PM
You must have an affiliate disclosure as it is required by the FTC. If you opt to join Amazon they require a separate disclosure specific to them. A privacy policy is also required by many affiliate companies.

Amazon has never asked me to put up a disclosure, but then, I'm on Blogger, and Google has some sort of deal with them.

Isn't a disclosure just for reviews? I have written posts about using certain products and my results, and put Amazon links in the article, but they didn't ask me to write it. Isn't a disclosure just if you get a free product from a site or someone pays you to write a review? Should I put one on the posts saying I was not paid for the review, but may receive commissions from any products purchased through the ads? I sure don't want to tick off the FTC!

angienewton
10-05-2013, 09:06 PM
As far as disclosure goes, it has nothing to do with Amazon or affiliate programs it's required by the FTC for all blogs whether you have reviews, accept free products, have Adsense, use affiliate links, etc.. And I have never had to have a specific page rank for anyone to approve me as an affiliate. Most companies these days have become aware that no one but Google knows anyone's page rank (PR) so most don't even ask for it anymore and if they do, I just explain that and they are good to go.

This file (http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf) from the FTC should help get you started.

kpfingaz
10-06-2013, 10:37 PM
One turned me down because I had no privacy policy up, so I'm working on that and a TOU. Never worried much about having these things before, as it was just an adsense blog for fun.

How were you doing Adsense without a Privacy Policy? Adsense requires that you MUST have a privacy policy in place on your site.

This is one of the reasons why people cry when they wake up and Adsense banned their account "for no reason".

Edit: I read further down and noticed you're on Blogger. That would explain it. If you want to be taken more seriously as an affiliate marketer, don't worry about PR and things like that. Instead get a domain name and hosting and the companies will see you as much more than just a hobby blogger.

Anyway about your question. Have you checked out CJ.com or Shareasale? On Shareasale you can look through the Home & Garden programs and see which ones have auto approval meaning you just need to apply and you can instantly get the links to promote it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1