WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

debcottage
10-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I recently started with Azuli Skye Jewelry and wanted to know what you all thought the benefits were being with a larger, more well known compny or a smaller company that is on the ground floor. Six months ago, I was searching for the perfect fit. I wanted a company that was new to my area because it is saturated with direct selling companies,spending money with the potential to make a lot, a company that was very encouraging & unique jewelry that was great quality AND affordable for everyone. I chose jewelry because it would be easy for me to make conversations with people when I am wearing it out and about. I guess there are benefits to having people know the product but it seems like it'd be really hard to sell it if there are so many other people selling it.

I am the 1st representative in GA so my business has taken off! I find that I have to educate people more than probably people who are with more well known companies but
I love sharing the Azuli Skye company. My friend just moved to Hawaii and joined my team, making her the 1st to bring it to the islands. It is hard to start from scratch but I think it will be worth it. I have been gathering all kinds of ideas to share with my team and can't wait to share them! It is such an exciting thing to be on the ground floor of a quickly growing company because I know I am in it for the long haul.

I wonder if any of you have any tips on being on the ground floor and getting the word out there for people who have never heard of it.

Everyone I show the jewelry to just loves it so much that I was the top salesperson last month, even though I am new. I think that after this crazy economy, people are beginning to spend money on themselves but it has to be affordable and great quality, which is what Azuli Skye is. I will just keep doing what I am doing, I guess. Just would like to hear from someone else who was on the ground floor of their company.

Paulate50
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Hello,

I read your post. I am very interested in this company. Can you provide me with more information.

Thank you.

Paula

debcottage
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Paula, I am new to this forum and never saw your inquiry. I am terribly sorry. I am still trying to figure out how it works. I can still get you some information if you are interested. You can visit my website which is on my contacts. :confused::):confused::)

lissababy123
01-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I am with a new company also ViBella Jewelry I think there is only around 45 of us. I was super excited to begin on ground floor of a company. Sometimes it is challenging because you have to explain everything about the company with it being new,. But I think its worth it! We have a great mission and I love being part of it.

Chouette333
01-08-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm struggling with this question now. I was originally going to go with Silpada but as my hubby pointed out, everyone and their mother sells it where I live. Then I came across Vantel Pearls. No one sells them here. No one and I thought this is where MY opportunity lies. I hope I'm right. Good luck with your new venture! I love all jewelry and Azuli Sky is very beautiful!

NICEInTheUSA
01-19-2014, 10:53 AM
We decided to become an affiliate of NICE 18K Gold jewelry because the company is well known outside the USA, but NICE entered USA market in October 2013, so no one, but us is doing the business. NICE is a brand new direct selling or wholesale opportunity. NICE is number one internationally in sales and growth over 5 last years, has a very high quality hand finished product that sells itself at an amazingly low price (e.g., high fashion look and quality without the high price), full product warranty, compensation beats all with no sales quota or purchase requirements ever. NICE has a low affiliation price ($40 and you get to pick $80 free jewelry with no strings attached, and a forever discount). NICE changes a part of their jewelry every 4 months with awarding wining contemporary designs, and has been in business over 80 years. NICE has their own facilities for design and fabrication in North America that brings it directly to your doorstep. The company exports to 27 countries, and has been number one in direct selling in several Latin American countries for more than 10 years having started back in 1996. NICE entered USA in 2013, and 2014 NICE open in Spain...

jestyr18
02-22-2014, 06:39 PM
I started with an "up and coming" company called Chloe + Isabel. I am the first in my area and I feel like I am at an advantage. First off I live in an small area so I really did my research to find a company that no one had heard of so I could get the only one. Within the 6 months since I started I am now training to be a manger. So I am glad I did my research and found something no one had heard of!! :)

ScentualRoseCa
02-23-2014, 12:34 PM
I too and the only person and a founding leader with Bansela, a new company.. I have done jewelry in direct sales for over 15 yrs.. with teams. 2 companies are large ...and the other didnt make it LOL !
I love being the only one( well now I have started a team).. but .. yes, we do have to educate people a bit more. for me, since our quality is fabulous, there is no middle man and we what we offer is such a whole package so to speak for consultant or customer.. and we are so different and unique in our styles.. . I am getting a great response..
I think its a toss up.. many people in Calif. are smothered or swamped by the same lines over and over.
and we are so diverse here, there is just so much competition.. but even with that being said..
I am very happy to be at the top.... since that is the great part of start up. ask anyone who has joined a start up.. . there are challenges.. but in the end.. I think the rewards are awesome .. and I think, its just about loving what feels right to each person.. for me its the designs and the quality.. as there are just to many companies out there..even in my neighborhood.. I have to go with what feels good to me, to be able to rep and share it..and know, what I have is just a bit more unique.. I think that really gives an edge to a very "noisy" arena..
Rosemary

poncesand
02-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Hi, I just started a new business with a new (2 years old) company and I will be the first one in my area. I'm totally thrilled to share JujuBelle with everyone. My area is saturated with all the big companies... I don't think people would mind seeing something new. I'm just so excited about all the possibilities of building a team and reaping the rewards down the road as your team and company grows. :)

nv93446
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM
I think it's always nice not to have too many reps with the same company especially if you're hoping to get more bookings because you end up meeting multiple people selling the same products which is the case where I live. That said, most reps don't stick with the business long term so there's always room for business.

lorton2003
03-10-2014, 11:53 AM
I am also with brand new with a company, Plunder Design. There are only two reps in this area total. This is my first time that I am doing a party based business. I am open to any ideas or suggestions on how to book and meet people. I really want to do well and expand with this.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1