WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Latasia

MzBrooklyn
09-29-2013, 03:47 PM
I understand Latasia has a new business model. For Latasia reps out there, how do you like it? Also, what is the difference between the old model vs. the new model? Are you able to make more money?

Thanks

missyroth
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm just buzzing through, but I joined them just for discount. You can pay $25 and be able to shop at a 50% discount forever. If you decide to bring people in, who pay only $25 to join (obviously with no jewelry) you can begin to build a business off of that. The only requirement is to submit $25 in orders/personal purchase each month. I can answer more questions if you have them in a little bit, but that's the bare basics for the new platform.

Missy

missyroth
10-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Totally changed. They are now under a company called Undercover Wear and the emphasis is the UCW line. Lingerie, sleepwear, body cremes, adult toys, barely any Latasia jewelry anymore. I was just looking back at the catalog and realized how much great jewelry is being left behind. Very sad for Latasia fans, but I guess it kept them from going out of business. :-/

missyroth
10-08-2013, 09:00 PM
21 necklaces, 20 bracelets, 14 earrings, 4 rings...just a shadow of what they used to be.

cabimom
10-09-2013, 12:55 PM
That's too bad. But frankly, not surprising since they hadn't changed their jewelry line in years. I never liked it when they added the lingerie line, didn't care for the direction they were going then. Actually I am surprised they are still around.:)

nv93446
10-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Interesting indeed. Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing more companies offering options similar to affiliate or low fees to join with huge discounts and requiring little of consultants.

missyroth
10-11-2013, 12:34 PM
It's not the $25 anymore. I guess UndercoverWear bought them out and now you join under UCW and sell adult products, lingerie and a handful of Latasia products. It's not Latasia by itself anymore. They made this change in a short amount of time.

SusanSellsOrigamiOwl
10-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Interesting indeed. Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing more companies offering options similar to affiliate or low fees to join with huge discounts and requiring little of consultants.

I've noticed that as well. I guess they figure people don't want to pay for kits or can't. They can still make their profit & provide less in the meantime.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1