WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

wsue
09-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know of a safe supplement or aid that would help curb my appetite or help me feel fuller longer? I'm a grazer, especially after 3 in the afternoon.

I also wonder if there's a safe product that will give me more energy? I'm guessing no. I currently consume way too much caffeine and want to wean myself asap.

My main struggles with weight loss are lack of energy and picking at food all afternoon and evening. It's hard to even say how much you're eating when you're a grazer. I would make a good cow. lol

Thanks in advance.
~Wendy

mijctj
09-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi Wendy,

I use a great product that is a hunger control. It helps me stave of my mid afternoon cravings. It has an ingredient in it that Dr. Oz recommends called Garcinia cambogia (fruit) extract. Look for products that have that ingredient in it. It should help you.

Cheers
Matt

Does anyone know of a safe supplement or aid that would help curb my appetite or help me feel fuller longer? I'm a grazer, especially after 3 in the afternoon.

I also wonder if there's a safe product that will give me more energy? I'm guessing no. I currently consume way too much caffeine and want to wean myself asap.

My main struggles with weight loss are lack of energy and picking at food all afternoon and evening. It's hard to even say how much you're eating when you're a grazer. I would make a good cow. lol

Thanks in advance.
~Wendy

Rocky Barragan
10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
I've never been a big fan of pills but I have to say that earlier this year I did some research on the Green Coffee Bean extract and saw nothing but positive reviews.

I buy Green Coffee Bean Extract with Raspberry Ketones. by Resvitale. I'm on my 5th bottle I think at this point.

Its not caffeine so it doesn't make you jump but it's said to help boost your metabolism. Since I started taking it I've noticed that it hasn't been such a struggle just to maintain my weight.

As far as grazing and mid day snacking goes try and drink a few glasses of water first, waiting a half hour and then if you're still hungry make sure you choose a healthy snack.

I tend to get snackish in the evening so at that point I'll drink a bottle of water and do something that won't allow me to eat. Cleaning, doing my nails, facial mask, etc.

SQ625
10-03-2013, 12:10 PM
You would be surprised at how much regular coffee (with caffeine) can do to keep your metabolic rate high.

Liist
10-05-2013, 05:41 PM
For more energy, blend as many bananas as you can fit with a bit of water into a smoothie. This will also help you lose weight if it offsets much more fattening foods.

dfaulman
10-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I love Shakeology. It helps me curb my sweet cravings and keeps me full. I have the same "grazer" issue. So I drink my shake in the afternoon and I can make it till dinner without snacking. Plus it gives me a good boost of energy ;)

Justin Remsburg
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Advocares MNS line does both. I would start you on the MNS MAX-C that is going to control the appetite and give you the energy you need throughout your day.

coloradowahm
10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I've been with so many companies that have many similar ingredients, to curb appetite, to increase energy, to increase metabolism, all though are short term and some have side effects for some people.
I finally found a company that has 15 years of science, research as well as clinical studies. One of our products actually works to reduce the impact of excessive carbohydrate consumption and reducing the accumulation of fat. Definitely worth checking into. We have labs in Japan and France. A new scientific study was just completed as well having to do with weight loss as well as blood sugar.

Our products actually get into the mitochondria of the cells, thus regenerating cells and then our bodies heal from the inside, exactly what nature intended.

Again, it's quite intriguing and definitely different than most of what is out there. We are just now opening up in the US although this product has retailed in Japan for 15 years.

royalpalmmedspa
10-10-2013, 09:48 PM
I would like to suggest you to not adopt the supplement rather then you should try home remedies that will help you to loss your wight for sure.by practicing yoga and meditation, assimilation improves and desire for calorie-rich food decreases.so you feel hungry but are satisfied with lesser quantities of food.

Adrianne
10-27-2013, 02:22 PM
I have to agree with the garcinia cambogia that Dr. Oz recommends.
I purchased a bottle at Sprouts for $22 but found some on ebay
at $14.99 for 4 bottles with free shipping.

If you try it, make sure you choose one that meets the requirements
that Dr. Oz mentions which it must include potassium & calcium to
increase absorption, and needs to have 50% HCA or more, and you
need to take 1500mg or more a day.

What I like about it is that it blocks fat absorption, and gives you
energy. It also balances your metabolism and enhances your mood
to combat depression and anxiety.

There are no additional ingredients, fillers, or caffeine.

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I've never trusted these. If you eat a balanced diet, that should be enough. It's a great business, weight loss supplements, but - like most things in the niche - not required.

Justin Remsburg
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=MariaThompson;3170311]I've never trusted these. If you eat a balanced diet, that should be enough. It's a great business, weight loss supplements, but - like most things in the niche - not required.[/QUOte

As much as a balanced diet is important, unfortunately the food that we are putting in our bodies isn't giving us everything that they need on a day to day basis, that is where the supplements come in. I do understand that not everyone trusts putting stuff they don't trust into there bodies, I would strongly recommend you do research on anything you plan to use. The supplements I use are backed up by scientific research from doctors along with third party testing. Advocare's doctors have over 200 years of experience in the fields of nutrition. And lets not forget the results that you see, that is a big key to why it is the best stuff to use.

saraj732
11-08-2013, 08:19 AM
I've been taking ActiVit which is a multivitamin (http://www.beachbody.com/category/supplements/best_sellers.do) that Beachbody sells. It definitely helps curb my appetite. It is made with all natural herbal ingredients so it is safe to take as well.

wsue
11-10-2013, 03:28 PM
I have to agree with the garcinia cambogia that Dr. Oz recommends.
I purchased a bottle at Sprouts for $22 but found some on ebay
at $14.99 for 4 bottles with free shipping.

If you try it, make sure you choose one that meets the requirements
that Dr. Oz mentions which it must include potassium & calcium to
increase absorption, and needs to have 50% HCA or more, and you
need to take 1500mg or more a day.

What I like about it is that it blocks fat absorption, and gives you
energy. It also balances your metabolism and enhances your mood
to combat depression and anxiety.

There are no additional ingredients, fillers, or caffeine.

Thanks!! I just ordered a bottle from Just Potent on Amazon. Excited to give this a try. :)

kaepora
01-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Taking a B-Complex helps a lot with energy for me. And drinking plenty of water. When you're dehydrated you're going to be sluggish, and it's easy to be dehydrated when you ingest a lot of caffeine.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1