WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need a cash cow???

rudolph007
09-20-2013, 06:54 AM
We Have Learned that you need a cash cow, or better put many lines for cash flow, "I know for most of y'all you know this already but many do not especially newbeeies, many think you start a web site and that's it! WRONG you must feed it with as many money streams as possible, business opportunities for OTHERS, then site back and milk it. now you must realize this is a real job and one must be diligent to become successful, just remember a few things ALWAYS stay focused on helping others achieve their desires and your will be fulfilled in return. and always have FUN then it never feels like you are working.
Stay diligent,motivated, and stay focused on your prize!!!!!!!!!!!!

danasurvey
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
A cash cow is always a good thing to have. Who doesn't like a long term dependable source of income. :)

It's also good to have multiple sources of income. That way, if one dries up, you don't get hit as hard.

msuggitt
09-23-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm in full agreement that having multiple streams of income is the way to building wealth.

Look for cash cows and opportunities paying several levels offering residual income (another one of my 'fave' words)

dsmpublishing
09-26-2013, 01:00 AM
I like the idea of freelancing while you build your passive income then its less stressful and you can quit your job straight away if you want to.

RobinH
09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
I agree that the key thing to remember (like rudolf007 said) is to make sure you are serving others and providing something that actually makes a difference, fills a need, etc. Just making money without helping others is not very satisfying.

AllanJames
09-29-2013, 02:31 AM
A cash cow is always a good thing to have. Who doesn't like a long term dependable source of income. :)

It's also good to have multiple sources of income. That way, if one dries up, you don't get hit as hard.

I agree fully - but with a wee caution.

Make sure your first 'cow' is well and truly in the milking shed and producing well before you start looking for more 'cows'

Success is about focus, developing skill and putting them into consistent practice. Don't go hopping from one 'bright shiny object' to another instead of focusing one one thing till you get it right.

DSAldridge
10-13-2013, 05:16 AM
I agree fully - but with a wee caution.

Make sure your first 'cow' is well and truly in the milking shed and producing well before you start looking for more 'cows'

Success is about focus, developing skill and putting them into consistent practice. Don't go hopping from one 'bright shiny object' to another instead of focusing one one thing till you get it right.

This was the problem I had, because I needed money so badly, I got sidetracked from my blogs and into writing for mills. I am struggling now, trying to still write for money while rebuilding and remonetizing my blogs. It's difficult, but the hard work is worth it.

For example, I've seen that health and fitness articles seem to be my best earners. I am still making most of my adsense and Amazon money from my health blog, which is literally shut down. That would be my cash cow if I worked it right, so that will be my first focus. Everyone says that gardening isn't a good earning niche, but my gardening blog is my second biggest adsense earner, and I've never really monetized it except for adsense, so those two blogs will be getting most of my attention. Luckily, they are my two favorite blogs, so I think I will soon be doing what I love while developing two cash cows. Now THAT is what affiliate marketing is all about!

carlamae
10-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Excellent advice! I might also add, don't ever set limits for yourself because the sky is the limit!

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM
The trick is to find ONE method that works. It doesn't matter how much it makes. Just find one. Then either automate it or outsource the work to upscale the income stream. When it's earning passively, move onto the next thing and so forth.

kazoone
11-11-2013, 09:50 AM
outsourcing and upscaling are my new fav concepts. And on top of those, staying ahead with the latest knowledge in your particular business model to make your income streams more efficient and profitable.

MariaThompson
11-11-2013, 12:50 PM
I bought a cash cow once but I got jipped -- it spurted milk not money. :eek:

writepro
11-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Making more from existing cash cows... (Note especially for DSAldridge):

In addition to adsense and such, you could also add review articles that promote Clickbank products. There's plenty of gardening info there and you could easily generate another stream of income.

If you want to make this even more effective, you could actually create pre-sell reports (or have someone create them for you), set up a squeeze page and an autoresponder with a follow-up email series, and build a list to which you can promote this and related products, in between useful tips.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1