WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

dawnlvn4jc
09-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi all, I am in the process of developing a tutoring website. It is not ready to go yet so I am not willing to share the link. I want your thoughts though. What I am doing is developing a site where each tutor will have their own page on the site. For now, because I don't have the money to buy nice add ons to the site, I will have each tutor use their Google Plus account and all tutoring will be done on Google Plus Hangouts. Does this sound like something you all would be interested in? There is a whiteboard on Google Plus, and you can also integrate your Google Drive documents so you can prepare things before hand. There is also a slide app so you could prepare a presentation.

Let me know what you think please.

Once I have the site up, I will do a mock tutor lesson and have you all take a look as well. Not sure how long this will take me though. Right now it is all in the planning stage!
Thanks

stillthesame
09-18-2013, 10:07 PM
That looks a cool idea...keep going!

ndswam
09-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Sounds interesting.... keep going!

dawnlvn4jc
09-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Nice Idea!! Looking forward how does it work..

Best of Luck!!

Well, I haven't worked out all the details yet so I don't know, but I would have each tutor become a user on my website, so you would gain access. I will develop a post page for you that you will have access to. I haven't figured out how to do the pay as I want a small commission for using my site, and I don't want to charge you unless you are making money! I want you all to charge what you want to charge so you are not limited as to how much you can make. All pay will be conducted through PayPal. As the site grows, I would be willing to change it to better suit the needs of both tutor and student, but as I said above, I don't have the money to put all the nice bells and whistles on! There are so many cool wordpress plugins that I could use but a lot of them cost money!

I do own the website now, but haven't worked on it much, I am just playing around with ideas, and trying things. That is why I wanted your input. It helps me decide if it is what people want or not.

Thank you to all your replies! It helps me so much!

condra
09-21-2013, 04:22 AM
I'd say the ''keeping track'' system is very important, as well as layout/design and colours. Traffic it's basically SEO and wom (word of mouth).

If you need specific suggestions lmk i do consultancy for websites.

dawnlvn4jc
09-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I'd say the ''keeping track'' system is very important, as well as layout/design and colours. Traffic it's basically SEO and wom (word of mouth).

If you need specific suggestions lmk i do consultancy for websites.

Thanks Condra! I will keep you in mind if I have any questions!

Mamaw4
09-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Dawn, This sounds great. I am a retired elementary teacher. I've checked other sites but have not found anything suitable. Keep up the good work. I'll keep watching for updates.
Jennie (mamaw4)

acadsoc
10-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Thats Great!! it will help alot in online tutoring and e-learning (http://www.acadsoc.com)..