WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : what is deep linking in seo??

stillthesame
09-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Hello world, what is deep linking in seo??. I would like to know about it and what impact does it has in seo.

SQ625
09-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Your backlinks need to point to the pages ( sub pages ) that you are trying to rank for a given keyword. Many people just link to their home page, and that does not work.

jamest
09-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Deep linking is link to sub pages of your site. I guess it seems more legit that just linking to your top domain.

RetailTrail
09-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Yes, they are correct. a sub page would be something like this

www.YourDomainName.com/mysubpage.html

Even deeper linking is when you have categories in there

www.YourDomainName.com/folderA/folderB/subpage.html

AllanJames
09-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Hello world, what is deep linking in seo??. I would like to know about it and what impact does it has in seo.

This video at MediaFileShare pointed me in the right direction for an indepth understanding of SEO
Outrageous, crazy, funny, scary, interesting videos! (http://www.mediafileshare.com/video/9923)

I discovered I was doing a few things wrong :(

Or, at least, doing things that worked once but are now less effective due to the latest Google changes. It was good to get right up to date!

devkinddt
10-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Deep linking is a process by which you can get backlinks for your internal page and it's useful to increase internal pages ranking.

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Deep linking is where your anchor links on other sites point to pages (other than your home page) on your own site. The trick is to vary keywords but keep them on topic for the relevant pages and use a different keyword each time in your anchor text.

writepro
11-10-2013, 11:05 PM
I think you all have it covered by now. One additional thing though...

If you keep in mind that you want to send visitors to specific pages, and then link to them, you'll get it right pretty much automatically.

For example, if I have written an article with a review of a particular product, and then write an article somewhere (or post a link somewhere) to that article, with relevant keywords, the link juice goes exactly where it's supposed to go.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1