WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Help with Traffic

mamafaev
08-31-2013, 04:20 AM
I have started at few Affiliate things. The thing is that I don't make money selling something. I make it from people signing up to a pay per click site or a game and I get a small amount for each click. I am here to ask you wonderful ladies where I can find places that will send free traffic to my links? I can pay later on but I am just starting out and have to make enough money to actually be able to do this.

:confused:

moochee02
09-02-2013, 01:51 PM
You may want to start of buy joining MLM groups, swap&sell groups on Facebook!!! People may not respond but you are able to put your link and I have noticed that I have gained great traffic and has made sells!! Also create a page or group with your business share with friends...sometimes we have to think outside the box. I hope this helps a little!!!:)

smna1586
09-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Social traffic is good traffic, no offense but search traffic is always better. Social traffic don't convert that good, so if I were you then I would be starting to look for some search traffic. Organic search traffic can convert way higher than social traffic.

As you've mentioned earlier that you don't have enough budget for buying traffic then I would suggest you to start learning SEO. Then implement it, you'll love what you'll see. But let me warn you first that this has a learning curve and once you master it, you'll never have to worry about traffic or should I say targeted traffic any more.

Hope this helps.

EveliinaK
09-05-2013, 04:04 AM
You need to give people a good reason why they should click your links. Before you can provide with that, you will not get much clicks, no matter where you put them.

Also be clear, who they are for and then go to places and sites where those people hang out.

msuggitt
09-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I don't believe there are any "free" rides in getting traffic - we pay for it, whether it be in money or time and/or skills. There are tons of ways to generate traffic without paying for it BUT expect to pay out in time> time to learn about Internet Marketing and time to implement your marketing methods on a steady if not daily basis.

And because there is such a steep learning curve in learning about internet marketing, expect to invest a lot of time into the learning part. If you only knew how many 'free' hours those of us out here put in learning how to post ads, learning how to create videos and write articles..... it wouldn't be made to sound so easy. That's why sites like fiver are so popular, in many people's cases, it really is cheaper to pay out money than invest the needed time. So you may consider forking out money to let others help you along the way.

And which free methods you use really depend on what you are promoting and/or selling. Bottom line you want your message seen by potential buyer/users of what you are slinging. If you are promoting say gaming products, there are tons of better places to advertise than in your signature link here, on the other hand if you got something other wahm's might be interested in, use your signature line & start posting...

You can post a lot of things on CL for free, there are other ad sites for free ad postings, you can write and post articles, you can write and submit Press Releases, you can blog about it, or you can be a guest blogger if you are articulate.

mamafaev
09-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Thank you so much ladies for your help. I am still trying to figure out the signature link thing here, msuggitt. I have been working hard trying to find the right places to advertise. Still not there yet but I will be putting the information given here to very good use in the next few days.

SQ625
09-10-2013, 11:20 AM
There is money to be made in affiliate marketing but it is going to take work. You are going to build web pages if you don't already have them and then optimize them for the search engines, and that includes getting a lot of back links.

MonaT
09-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Hey can you tell me a little more about the swap and sell and increasing traffic?

HappySam
09-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Have you tried traffic exchanges? It's not the best, since its not targeted traffic, but everything helps. And yes, it is allowed by Google.

HappySam
09-28-2013, 08:19 PM
It depends on the genre of your affiliate products or services. Basically, who would be interested in them?

Next is to build trust. Become a trusted resource. Provide value for your visitors and followers. Share your knowledge and experiences. Do actual reviews of products that you've used (ideally).

If and when you find a good deal, or an awesome product, share it with your visitors. If you don't believe in it yourself, don't even bother.

Taking part in places where you are able to share your information is a big step in being able to potentially direct your traffic.

**The most important thing is to never be too pushy or try to oversell. Most people are really turned off by that.

Traffic possibilities:

Related forums
Traffic exchanges
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc
Advertising (and not all advertising costs money, sometimes you can trade or earn it, etc)
Blogs (yours)
Guest posting on other people's blogs
Take part in Web 2.0 types of sites, such as Squidoo, HubPages, and others.
Comment on other blogs, especially if the blog already has a good following.
SEO (things are changing rapidly, so stay informed. Search engines can be one of your best sources)

AllanJames
09-29-2013, 01:41 AM
There is money to be made in affiliate marketing but it is going to take work. You are going to build web pages if you don't already have them and then optimize them for the search engines, and that includes getting a lot of back links.

Well that's one way but building and ranking sites is soooo slow it's like watching grass grow :( It usually takes months to rank sites for high competition buyer keywords.

And a website is not necessary. You can simply find a great product or service, go out and advertise it on the web, and make money today.

What sort of advertising?

It depends on the product or service but, for Make Money Online type offers it could free methods (slow) or paid methods ie. Solo Ads, PPC, PPV, Media Buys etc..

carlamae
10-19-2013, 09:13 AM
If you create a targeted blog reviewing your product you will start getting clicks really quick. I have found this to be my best source of laser targeted traffic. It should be very simple and your front page is the main review and then what I do is run articles in the background that aren't on any navigation so nobody has to read them. The reason I do this is because fresh content attracts traffic, but I only want them to see the front page of my site. You decide what you want the visitor to do and direct them there.

Dilynn
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
So true, smuggit! Just because traffic may be free doesn't mean your time invested didn't come at a cost. Good point!

There is no need anymore for trial and error to learn. There have been so many before us that we can now learn from their mistakes. Quality teaching step by step will come at a cost as well but remember there are still good people in this world that will only charge you 2 digits to teach you all you need to know opposed to those who will charge you 3-4 digits for nearly the same thing. You have to find someone who clicks with you. Someone you know in your gut that you trust. Let them be your mentor and prosper! Best of luck!

Dilynn
10-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Sorry. Msuggit! Correction!:o

AllanJames
10-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Have you tried traffic exchanges? It's not the best, since its not targeted traffic, but everything helps. And yes, it is allowed by Google.

Well, your right there. In fact the traffic is crap, a total waste of time.

You've got to get your offer in front of buyers, now a bunch of freebie seekers such as frequent traffic exchanges.

Adrianne
10-27-2013, 01:34 AM
In my experience, I have found blogging to be the quickest way
to get traffic. I have my own blog that I host, and I also have a
wordpress blog. My wordpress blog shows up in google within
72 hours so I've been spending more time with wordpress.

If you lack education on blogging, you can opt to join a blogging
platform like Empower Network, LevelOne, or Pure Leverage to
list a few. You will need to pay a monthly membership but they
include training on how to get traffic to your site.

If you can invest some time, you can find this same information
on the internet for free but it will take some time to gather the
info you need.

mamafaev
10-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Wow! I really wasn't expecting so much help. But I am so thankful for it. This thread was started for something else but actually what I am working on now actually applies.

I am a ViP partner of the fastest growing and most successful Online-Partnernetwork in the world call BONOFA. It is easy because I am paid to either help another partner join or by getting free users to our awesome social media platform called Cube7. I love in a lot.

I am just having a little trouble getting the right traffic to my landing pages. So I am going over this whole thread again to see what I can use. Blogging also isn't my strong point.

dsmpublishing
10-28-2013, 08:42 AM
As an affiliate I have always found the best results from blogging and social media.

I would put a strategy together and start with those two.

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Free traffic sources:

- Social networks
- Your own email list
- Word of mouth
- Exchanging blog posts
- SEO

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1