WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

MumEmpower
08-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Hi everyone

I am a member of the prosperity team as an affiliate in the empower network.

Anyone else?

Victoria

windersnest
08-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi Victoria!
How are you?
I am also, but I'm with the Big Idea Mastermind team. :)

Sappho

Virtual Roxanne
09-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm on the Extreme Team. LOVE EN!!

EveliinaK
09-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Could you explain me what that is?
I'm really interested.

colly5
09-06-2013, 06:50 AM
It's a blogging platform that offers so really good training and they have their own affiliate program where you earn 100% commissions. It is a very reputable company. (I'm not with them), but I know about them. :-)

kpfingaz
09-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Could you explain me what that is?
I'm really interested.

My last post got deleted so all I'm saying is to do your research before you jump in.

lisadlastdegree
09-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi from Australia. I am an Affiliate. I attended my first event in July in Denver, Colorado with 6000 others. I think the breakthrough for me wasn't just the the new software but the mindset training. I am with the Prosperity Team too. They allocate you Personal Business Associates you work like virtual assistants to close your business too if you need them. Been with Empower for about 10 months.

fong47
09-09-2013, 06:13 PM
You may have to go all in to make money. And we're talking like $4500 something like that. Right now, they have so many affiliates eveyone is promoting it. The top earner is all over the internet. So, even if they opt-in to your site, they might end up joining the top earner later on...Just my 2 cents.

windersnest
09-10-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't agree that you have to go all in to make money. Yes, it helps to buy all the products (you can only earn commissions on the products you own) but for those that just don't have the money to go all in right away, it just means they would need to work harder to make the same amount as someone that owns several or all the products.
But don't let that deter you from joining if you are interested in Empower Network. You would just use your profits (or find a different means to fund your business- there are many ways to get extra cash) to re-invest in yourself and your business and then you can start earning larger commissions.
If you're looking for the easy way, a home business may not be for you!
Any business requires work, dedication, and commitment, especially in the beginning.
And just like anything else, you need to educate yourself in the industry you're in, whether that be a regular job or any business. Education and mindset is what will keep you from quitting when you hit bumps in the road.

George23
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
No, but I heard about it

fong47
09-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I don't agree that you have to go all in to make money. Yes, it helps to buy all the products (you can only earn commissions on the products you own) but for those that just don't have the money to go all in right away, it just means they would need to work harder to make the same amount as someone that owns several or all the products.
But don't let that deter you from joining if you are interested in Empower Network. You would just use your profits (or find a different means to fund your business- there are many ways to get extra cash) to re-invest in yourself and your business and then you can start earning larger commissions.
If you're looking for the easy way, a home business may not be for you!
Any business requires work, dedication, and commitment, especially in the beginning.
And just like anything else, you need to educate yourself in the industry you're in, whether that be a regular job or any business. Education and mindset is what will keep you from quitting when you hit bumps in the road.

First of all, I said You MAY have to go all in to make money. I did not say you have to. EN is over saturated and people are spamming left and right. They were banned from FB too. Besides, who in the world can afford $4500 to have a blog? if you join the $25 and $125, you only get very limited training and chances are, you will not make a dime.

MonaT
09-13-2013, 09:18 AM
What kind of products do they have and or what are they marketing?

Kecia08
09-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I've been hearing a lot about this lately, but don't really know what's being promoted. I worry it's too saturated though...

fong47
09-13-2013, 06:22 PM
What kind of products do they have and or what are they marketing?

Basically, you get to have your own Blog with a sales funnel for $25, then you can upgrade to $125, $1000, $1500, $3500, something like that. The training I heard is pretty good but you have to upgrade all the way. So, we're looking at around $4500.

Yuliya Mironova
09-14-2013, 04:54 AM
I've been hearing a lot about this lately, but don't really know what's being promoted.

What's really being promoted is the right to promote the business opportunity, but it's dressed up as "products and services". That's why legal problems are already on the horizon and it will end up being closed down by regulators and/or courts after its probably 3-4-year lifespan, just like every other previous pyramid scam pretending to be an MLM which has used the same business model in the past.

Either a company's business is built mostly on retail customer sales, or it isn't.

In this case, it isn't.

And that's why the regulators will eventually take it to court and (if it enters a defense rather than simply folding up and going away as they often do when their lawyers tell them it's hopeless) a court will close it down.

Any lawyer other than one being paid a retainer by Empower Network will tell you exactly the same thing. (They already do, all over the web, if you look around).

I worry it's too saturated though...

I can think of ten legal, moral and ethical reasons for having nothing to do with it, myself, but funnily enough that isn't one of them.

dsmpublishing
09-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Really don't see the attraction with it. Though as it is saturated there is really no point becoming one of there affiliates.

I must get 100 emails a week at least from people wanting to send this service to my mailing list and they seem really shocked when I say I only send quality to my list :)

kpfingaz
09-18-2013, 12:06 AM
What's really being promoted is the right to promote the business opportunity, but it's dressed up as "products and services". That's why legal problems are already on the horizon and it will end up being closed down by regulators and/or courts after its probably 3-4-year lifespan, just like every other previous pyramid scam pretending to be an MLM which has used the same business model in the past.

Either a company's business is built mostly on retail customer sales, or it isn't.

In this case, it isn't.

And that's why the regulators will eventually take it to court and (if it enters a defense rather than simply folding up and going away as they often do when their lawyers tell them it's hopeless) a court will close it down.

Any lawyer other than one being paid a retainer by Empower Network will tell you exactly the same thing. (They already do, all over the web, if you look around).

I can think of ten legal, moral and ethical reasons for having nothing to do with it, myself, but funnily enough that isn't one of them.

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better myself. I tried and my post was removed.

It's interesting that people can be proud and enthusiastic to say that they're an Empower Network affiliate when there are moral and ethical reasons why they really shouldn't be.

I'm not even talking about the legal part of it.

Morals.

And...

Ethics.

You're paying for the "opportunity" to get someone else to pay for the opportunity. That is soooo wrong. Until you can make money with Empower Network without having to refer others, EN will always be a pyramid scam frontin' like it's legit.

DSAldridge
09-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I looked at it, but there is so much awesome free information about blogging online, I just didn't see spending that much money. Save the money and buy some of the books written by the internet giants like Seth Godin and Darren Rowse. You'll get just as much education at 1/3 the price. Seth Godin has a lot of free books (his old stuff) that still have a lot of great info in them.

Yuliya Mironova
09-24-2013, 04:24 AM
I looked at it, but there is so much awesome free information about blogging online, I just didn't see spending that much money.

Exactly.

Hardly anyone just wanting a blogging facility and advice would pay that kind of money for one, which is why the company has so few retail customers.

The only people who'll pay that sort of money are people who want to promote the business opportunity and earn money from it. :rolleyes:

Hence the observation that what you're really paying for is "the right to promote the business opportunity". And when enough complaints inevitably build up (and they're amassing, now) for a regulator to take the company to court, that's why a court will rule against them and declare it an illegal pyramid scam. Not enough retail customers. And that's the test that US state courts use, these days, to determine legality.

Some people in the MLM industry still like to pretend that "distributors'/affiliates' monthly qualifying purchases" are "sales", but they're not retail sales according to the courts. The legal doctrine is that a retail sale is a sale made only to someone who isn't a distributor/affiliate. And that's why companies with this business model have always ended in tears, and this one will, too. It just isn't legal, and however slowly the regulators and courts and enforcement agencies move (and they usually move slowly enough for scams like this to have about a three-to-four-year lifespan), eventually a court will say so.

If the company actually defends the case at all, that is. Often, they don't - they just fold up and the owners start off a new business a little later. These are the kind of businesses that damage the reputation of the entire industry. It's because of companies like this that people like you and I, with legitimate, honest, ethical business opportunities to promote, sometimes encounter such ill-informed prejudices when we tell people about our businesses. They're actually damaging all of us (and the ultimate irony is that some MLM-ers actually want to support them, and complain about regulation, rather than having them closed down as quickly as possible!!! :rolleyes: :eek: ).

Sadly, it's natural for people (who don't know that Empower Network is - as any lawyer will tell you - actually an illegal pyramid scam, when it pretends to be an MLM business) to assume that "we're all the same". :p

windersnest
09-27-2013, 11:30 PM
You're paying for the "opportunity" to get someone else to pay for the opportunity. That is soooo wrong. Until you can make money with Empower Network without having to refer others, EN will always be a pyramid scam frontin' like it's legit.
Pyramid scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme)

No you're NOT paying for the opportunity! You get a product with the money you pay them! Some affiliate programs charge a fee to be an affiliate, and others don't! That doesn't make them a pyramid scheme!
The people that earn the money are the people that directly get a person to buy the blog or training modules. The money goes straight to them! There is no person at the top like a pyramid scheme that makes all the money!

There are many out there that do charge a fee (OR you HAVE to own the product) for you to be an affiliate and be able to earn a commission.

30 Day Bootcamp | Smarter Networker (http://www.smarternetworker.com) is one where you can only be an affiliate and earn commissions from selling the membership by paying for your own membership to the site! Try telling Dani Johnson what she's doing is a pyramid scheme!

Another is Elite Marketing Pro where you can only earn commissions if you are a member! You get tons of valuable training and products for your membership just like EN and you can earn 100% commissions and residual income!

NONE of them of them call themselves an MLM cause they're not!

So, 140,000+ members in EN is considered saturated? It is not just restricted to the US, the same goes with Elite Marketing Pro! And I doubt Smarter Networker is limited to the US only.

Yuliya Mironova
09-28-2013, 08:44 AM
No you're NOT paying for the opportunity! You get a product with the money you pay them!

Dozens of illegal pyramid scams in which "you get a product with the money you pay them" have been closed down by US courts.

If you imagine that the fact that "you get a product" makes it legal, you're seriously mistaken.

What makes it legal is having 70% of the company's sales-generated income arising from RETAIL sales to people who are not distributors, affiliates, or associated with the business opportunity in any way.

This company (by its own admission) doesn't have that.

So it isn't legal. Period.

As any lawyer (other than one being paid a retainer by Empower Network) will tell you.

And that's why, just like every other predecessor with the same sort of business model and without the RETAIL customers, it will eventually get closed down.

kpfingaz
09-28-2013, 01:35 PM
There are many out there that do charge a fee (OR you HAVE to own the product) for you to be an affiliate and be able to earn a commission.

The difference is that the product is independent of the opportunity. You don't need to be an affiliate of the product. No legitimate affiliate program would charge you to promote their product. They charge you for the product and you have the option to promote it. This is called a closed affiliate program where the brand owners are more concerned with people misrepresenting their brand because they have no experience with the product.

You can't say the same for EN which makes it a pyramid scheme. I challenge you to try to sell the blog system and make money WITHOUT selling the opportunity. It would never happen because no one is going to buy a blog system for $25 bucks/month when they could get it elsewhere for the price of a domain and hosting. So there is no product. Just smoke and mirrors.

fong47
09-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Dozens of illegal pyramid scams in which "you get a product with the money you pay them" have been closed down by US courts.

If you imagine that the fact that "you get a product" makes it legal, you're seriously mistaken.

What makes it legal is having 70% of the company's sales-generated income arising from RETAIL sales to people who are not distributors, affiliates, or associated with the business opportunity in any way.

This company (by its own admission) doesn't have that.

So it isn't legal. Period.

As any lawyer (other than one being paid a retainer by Empower Network) will tell you.

And that's why, just like every other predecessor with the same sort of business model and without the RETAIL customers, it will eventually get closed down.

Well said!

SarahMi
09-30-2013, 03:36 PM
met few bloggers who do affiliate marketing for them. I wouldn't honestly go that road, you better off promoting real site that sells real products or services ( and without having the need to pay to be an affiliate).

Yuliya Mironova
10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
you better off promoting real site that sells real products or services

Affiliate marketing blogs are real sites that promote real products and services.

Look at all the tens of thousands of Amazon affiliate sites. They're all selling real products, aren't they?

and without having the need to pay to be an affiliate.

I think you must be thinking of something else, Sarah, not affiliate marketing: nobody pays to be an affiliate: it's free.

"Empower Network" isn't affiliate marketing. It's an illegal pyramid selling operation pretending to be an MLM company.

Momtrepreneur
10-09-2013, 04:30 PM
I just signed up as an Affiliate with EN and I am also with the Prosperity Team!

carlamae
10-19-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm involved in something else, but my business partner is raving about the new Blog Beast from EN. Have you ventured that way yet?

Adrianne
10-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Whether EN is legal or illegal is not for me to say. You don't have to offer
a tangible product to run a legal business. Look at clickbank. The majority
of their products are digital and you can earn commissions on the sale of them.

With EN, you earn a commission on the sale of their blogging platform,
educational products, and club membership. Other blogging software has
been sold on the internet for years and the SEC hasn't swooped in to
shut them down. What EN offer is not brand new. All they did was take
an old model and enhanced it with education.

Yuliya Mironova
10-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Whether EN is legal or illegal is not for me to say.

It isn't really for me to say, either. It's for lawyers to say, if anyone. And they do: they say it's illegal.

You don't have to offer a tangible product to run a legal business.

No, you don't. But if you're in MLM, you do (as a company) have to make most of your income from retail sales to retail customers. And Empower doesn't.

Other blogging software has
been sold on the internet for years and the SEC hasn't swooped in to
shut them down.

On the other hand, regulators and courts have eventually closed down every other pyramid scam pretending to be an MLM company which has had a similar model to that of Empower and doesn't have the legally required proportion of retail sales to retail customers.

What EN offer is not brand new. All they did was take an old model and enhanced it with education.

No; I'm afraid this is wrong. That wasn't "all they did" at all: they also made it illegal (according to lawyers) by setting it up as a pseudo-MLM without retail customers. I've discussed it with lawyers. You clearly haven't. Sorry to re-state what's explained above so repeatedly, but my feeling is that it does the forum's members a disservice to pretend that Empower Network is "perfectly alright". I urge WAHM's and anyone else reading to take advice from a lawyer familiar with the MLM laws before joining this illegal scam (and I know that people who do that decide, rightly, not to join it).

art_koff
10-21-2013, 04:44 AM
Not a part of an affiliate program or network but i always find it interesting!!!

fong47
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
From what I heard, you really have to go all in to make serious money, and we're talking like $4500 just to have a blog and all the sales funnel. Question is can you afford $4500?

carlamae
10-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Empower Network has $15,000 products....I'm not against that, but I strongly suggest you get some experience before dropping that kind of cash. I believe you do need to be all in to a company if you are serious about your business, but don't spend money you don't have is all I'm getting at here.

Adrianne
10-29-2013, 04:46 AM
Empower Network has $15,000 products....I'm not against that, but I strongly suggest you get some experience before dropping that kind of cash. I believe you do need to be all in to a company if you are serious about your business, but don't spend money you don't have is all I'm getting at here.

Great advice Carlamae. I couldn't agree more. EN is everywhere and
many of the members have joined together to offer free training to members
and nonmembers. I'm with one of their facebook groups and the education
they put out continues to impress. Much of the training is on video so they
can show you step by step what to do.

Instead of going "all in" and dropping $3,500 into EN, I suggest you find
a free affiliate program, join an EN group, and use their education to learn
how to make some money online. If you find their training to be of value,
then you can make the decision to join or not.

TheScentCouple
11-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Team Mojo and loving it. :eek:

All in, got my investment back on first day :cool:

EnterprisingMomsToronto
11-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Also with the Prosperity Team. Phenomenal group of people.

Regards,

Tereza

HWMM
11-27-2013, 03:05 AM
I first learned about EN several months ago when I answered an ad for a paid blogging gig. I immediately got a lengthy reply extolling the virtues of EN. I continued to get emails from the guy and and I read several of them and checked out the site. I was thinking about giving it a try based on what I had read.

Meanwhile, four more job posts I answered were all from EN affiliates pretending to have blogging jobs. I was livid. I decided I didn't want to be a part of any company that trained its affiliates to place false job ads just to collect email addresses and build a list. (And each affiliate continued to email me almost daily until I blocked their emails.) Even if EN doesn't encourage this tactic, the fact that several EN affiliates were using this unethical method of getting a downline really turned me off.

Needless to say, EN is not for me. But I read the success stories so I know some people are making money. People just need to decide for themselves before signing up.

sreece
11-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Yes, it has a lot of hype related to it, but the one thing I was impressed with was the system they have developed. Follow the "yellow brick road" and you'll be successful with it. You can also check out my signature link for a software tool (kind of like a franchise) that is getting ready to launch a sales funnel for Empower Network that is designed to blow everything else out of the water.

Adrianne
11-30-2013, 09:49 PM
I decided I didn't want to be a part of any company that trained its affiliates to place false job ads just to collect email addresses and build a list. (And each affiliate continued to email me almost daily until I blocked their emails.) Even if EN doesn't encourage this tactic, the fact that several EN affiliates were using this unethical method of getting a downline really turned me off.

Regardless of which business you run across, there's bound
to be a few affiliates who engage in shady tactics. If you like
the structure of the business, then don't let the riff raff chase
you away.

HWMM
12-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Regardless of which business you run across, there's bound
to be a few affiliates who engage in shady tactics. If you like
the structure of the business, then don't let the riff raff chase
you away.

No one chased me away. The only thing I liked about EN was the amount of money people said they were making. Other than that, there was nothing I liked about the structure or set up. But when I realized that the only EN affiliates I knew were resorting to scamming and unethical tactics to make that money, I lost all interest in giving the company a try..

WhoIsRenee
12-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I was with EN for awhile. I was a bit dismayed for a few reasons. It's kind of like a bait and switch. They tell you about the tons of money you can make, but after you've signed up, then you find out that in order to make a lot of money you have to upgrade to I think someone mentioned the $4500 package. My upline said he was going to give me lots of support that I needed because I was knew, and I told him that right away, and that was a condition. I was blogging everyday, but never saw any rewards for my efforts. Frankly, I don't think it's very ethical to bait and switch. If your product/service is so great, it should stand on it's own. Just my .02 cents. Right now I am with an incredible company, so I guess En was part of my journey. Do your own homework and make an educated decision.

Renee

christophermc
12-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Please don't take this wrong, I don't mean to be rude. But, empower network is an MLM not an affiliate program. right?

Usually affiliate programs don't charge you to join.

TheScentCouple
12-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Empower Network is great, I joined just for the training products which I feel are the absolute best in the industry.

It is very expensive though, to go all in you are looking at over $5,000 plus a monthly recurring $125 I believe then $25 per month to be an affiliate.

That's way to much for the average person, keep in mind that they pay 100% commissions so you really just need one "all in" sale to get your money back and then make profit with the recurring commissions, 2 sales and your in the money.

Of course you do not have to buy all the products and can get the ones you want ala carte, so you can add them as you grow your business.

Dave Wood and Dave Sharpe are amazing and there products are just as good but I have found something I feel is better.

The Internet Lifestyle Network, founded by Vincent Ortega Jr. and Mark Hoverson has truly awesome training products, about the same base level member ship prices.

It new and growing extremely fast, you only make 50% commissions but you do not have to own the products to earn commissions from them and it is not mlm so no team building, straight affiliate sales.

There is also a back end high commission product called Resorts 360 that pay amazing commissions but you do have to buy into this to promote it.

Check it out, I love ILN over EN

libbyliz
12-16-2013, 12:59 PM
What really bothers me about Empower Network is the profanity from the leaders, especially from David Woods. I don't like the word 'bad***' being used at the conventions and in the marketing material. The leaders may think they are being clever or cool by using such language (there are other unappropriate words as well) but I don't think it is very ethical. I prefer programs and businesses that adhere to good business ethics and appropriate language.

vfy2000
12-20-2013, 03:11 AM
I agree, I have had issues with EN myself. Keep in mind that in order for you to succeed you also need to play like the big guys do - advertising big time.

I knew some people in my team who said things like "Go big or go home" when it comes to advertising. It's almost nearly impossible to keep up because the top earners are the ones who spend tens of thousands of dollars to make money. I've seen people who lost sales to the top earners. Granted there are ways to bring leads for free, but you also have to work extra hard to compete with hard to rank keywords because of the stiff competition. On top of all these, there are also people who had issues with their affiliate links, and I know someone who lost his commissions (his money mysteriously dissapeared from ewallet).

It's easy to say you only need 1 sale to get even. That's far from the truth. When you add up all the advertising costs and the fees cut from your commissions, you're not getting much. In closing, this business is definitely not for the average.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1