WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Love2sell
08-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi,

I've been thinking of being a Scentsy consultant as I love their products and wanted to get some advice without having to speak with someone who is more interested in getting me "under" them rather than addressing my questions. Is there anyone out here that can give me details? I'm trying to find out if there's a minimum that HAS to be met each week/month? Does there have to be "X" amount of parties held?

Success stories....anyone?

Thanks!
Susan

LAscents
08-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi Susan,

No minimum number of parties or monthly or weekly sales to achieve. The only requirement to remain a consultant is that you have 150 in personal sales, all in one calendar month, to occur at least once every 3 months.

So if you had 150 or more in Aug. you would not need to do that for Sept. or Oct. but you would have to have another 150 month in Nov.

CinnaShoppe
08-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Any of us would love to help you :) There is a $150 minimum every 3 rolling months. What other questions do you have? Success story - mine is very simple. Since starting with Scentsy Family I have been able to leave my job and pursue my dream of homeschooling our 2 boys :-) Feel free to send me a message if you would like to chat. The most important thing you can do is choose a sponsor who you connect with as they will be there for you throughout your entire journey!

-Angie

twistedscents
08-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi,

I've been thinking of being a Scentsy consultant as I love their products and wanted to get some advice without having to speak with someone who is more interested in getting me "under" them rather than addressing my questions. Is there anyone out here that can give me details? I'm trying to find out if there's a minimum that HAS to be met each week/month? Does there have to be "X" amount of parties held?

Thanks!
Susan

Hi there! I've been a Scentsy Consultant for about 5 months now and I am having so much fun!! Honestly if you are thinking about becoming a consultant, host a basket party and see how you like it! You share the mini testers for a week or two then turn in the orders, collect the hostess rewards and then you get to sort/package/deliver your items. You really get to see just what being a consultant is all about! Some consultants will even flip your party to be YOUR first party if you choose to sign up before the party closes.

Also research the award programs available during the Launch period of becoming a consultant. If you are able to reach 500$ in sales before your 15th day you get a really cute bracelet and shooting star award. You can also collect orders like you would do for the basket party, then once you hit 500$ in presales, you can sign up and you will have your first party, and hit that award!

Honestly I love doing this sooo much, I only wish I would have started sooner! :)

My story is that I signed up under a consultant I met on Instagram, I hit my Shooting Star Award, Certified (you get your raise) and my Scentsational Start Level two award. Its so much fun having goals, even better when you can reach them! :)

christyvw2004
08-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi,

Thanks!
Susan

See you got your question answered. There is a FAQ I think also in the page where you look at joining...may help with some of your questions.
My story was that I wanted to sell just to feed my own needs.....Then my family...then I found that I really like doing vendor events....Never thought it would lead to that. Hope to see you onboard...

mom2jrn
08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I sent you a message!

nurserachel
09-01-2013, 11:34 AM
150 $ in a month, once every 3 montsh. So if you signed up today, and did one party, you would need another before the end of December to stay active.
I started Scentsy in Dec. 2011 and have been doing fabulous, and really enjoying it.
I earned several awards, including the all expense paid trip to Whistler, BC in June! :)

I generally try to do one or two home parties a month, and 2 basket parties. I am also getting to the point in my business where I get a lot of reorders and referrals, which is so nice!

My business is slowly growing this way, and I'm having fun and meeting lovely friends. Youcan do mire or less, Scentsy can work for whatever your goals are!!

Hope this helps a bit...let me know if you'd like any more answers...I'm an open book, and believe that anyone can do Scentsy!! :)
Cheers, Rachel

sunlightishere
09-04-2013, 06:07 AM
I am considering joining Scentsy because my consultant isn't selling anymore:confused:
I don't really want to sell it as a business opportunity at this time, but because I have a few family and friends that want to place orders with our former consultant from time to time. I guess my question is, should I become a consultant just to place periodic orders for friends and family? And, do you thing I will meet the quota of the $150 rolling sales this way? Is this even realistic?

Thanks for any and all input!!

christyvw2004
09-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I know that is how I started out Sunlight. The fall is a great time because everyone is thinking gifts and holidays...and then once the new year rolls around I think as long as you let your family and friends know you will be placing at least 1 order every 3 mths you should be good. And who knows you may have accumulated more customers then you planned on, and are busy busy busy ;)
And the kit is worth the investment (in my opinion).
Lmk if you have any other questions.
Christy

I am considering joining Scentsy because my consultant isn't selling anymore:confused:
I don't really want to sell it as a business opportunity at this time, but because I have a few family and friends that want to place orders with our former consultant from time to time. I guess my question is, should I become a consultant just to place periodic orders for friends and family? And, do you thing I will meet the quota of the $150 rolling sales this way? Is this even realistic?

liz.jewels
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Didn't your consultant refer you to her sponsor?

mom2jrn
09-04-2013, 10:31 AM

It's very realistic! $150 in sales during one month in a 3 month period is really very little. Just have your family/friends all order at the same time and you should be good. But just like the previous poster said you might be surprised and enjoy it and want to really get a business going!

LAscents
09-05-2013, 06:56 AM

If you don't want to be a consultant or are concerned with the quota, you can become a preferred customer with our new Customer Loyalty Program and you can still earn extras by making purchases with no minimums ever to meet, no cost to join. That option is available for those who really just want to purchase now and then but would like a little extra perks than being a straight customer.

Tfarthing
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
You have received a lot of great advice from this thread! I hope you have found the answers you are looking for! Best of luck in whatever you decide! :)

sunlightishere
09-05-2013, 07:57 AM
My consultant did refer me to her consultant. She is kinda hard to get a hold of. I have sent her an email on her web page because I want a couple of the new Fall/Winter Catalogs and need to order a replacement top for the Cherry Blossom warmer. I haven't heard back. So, I don't really want to bother anyone that's why I thought I could just do it myself.

Does anyone know if you can pick which warmer and scent bars you get in the start up kit?

christyvw2004
09-05-2013, 10:50 AM
No you do not get to pick the warmer...but if you call they will tell you which warmer you are getting. Also you will only get 1 "bar" of scent...but you will get testers of all the different scents we have.

ChristinaMae
09-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Ok say I buy the scent of the month every month does that 35$ go towards my 150$ to stay active? Thanks

LAscents
09-16-2013, 05:34 AM
Ok say I buy the scent of the month every month does that 35$ go towards my 150$ to stay active? Thanks

Yes that does count toward that 150 PRV amount.

ChristinaMae
09-16-2013, 09:37 AM
That is such a relief thank you. I will be getting the scent of the month every month I can sell the bars from it for around 50 easily so I am sure I will be able to keep myself active. This was a deal breaker for me since I don't know to many people who love scentsy and buy it Like me and my sister n laws and we are only usually able to buy 3-4 times a year. So awesome. Also If I were to be on someones team would their percentage come out of my percentage? Thank you so much for all the help Hoping to place my order today or tomorrow for my starter kit so excited LOVE LOVE Scentsy

LAscents
09-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Also If I were to be on someones team would their percentage come out of my percentage? Thank you so much for all the help Hoping to place my order today or tomorrow for my starter kit so excited LOVE LOVE Scentsy

We have a two-tiered compensation plan. If your upline hits her/his qualifications then that person will receive a percentage of your sales, However it doesn't come OUT of our sales or your percentage. The upline will receive a percentage in addition to what you will receive. You will get paid regardless of what the upline does or gets. The pay comes out of the corporate office, not out of each other.

Love2sell
09-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Thank you everyone for all your help. After reading all the responses I've decided that Scentsy isn't the company for me at this time.

sunlightishere
09-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Update for me. I posted about a month ago that my consultant quit selling Scentsy and I was considering selling it myself. The good news is she just re-joined!! Now I don't have to sell it. On the other hand, I am still considering selling it!!

christyvw2004
09-24-2013, 09:26 PM
sounds like good good news. Just know that fall is a great time for most home based businesses.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1