WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Let's face it.

You are all work at home warriors, or, you strive to be. You have goals, aspirations, and dreams.

Let me give my pitch for eBay, and why it is the place where dreams come true *cue cheesy intro music*

I have been an 'internet entrepreneur' for a while now, and have built websites, been an affiliate, and also have sold on eBay for a long, long time. I have been a manufacturer, wholesaler, importer, and dropshipper. I have quite a bit of experience in a lot of different avenues.

So, why do I prefer eBay?

- It is a natural place to 'start'. If you know nothing, you start on eBay.
- The 'marketing' is already done. The website has been around for a while now, and so you can leverage the marketing ALREADY done with it. All you have to do is create a listing, and you can sell an item (theoretically) TODAY and make your first profit TODAY.
- You can learn the principles of Internet Marketing on eBay first.
- Packaging, funneling, copywriting, staging, and even customer service!
- SEO
- Did you know that as an eBay store owner, your eBay 'store' acts as a website that you can backlink, do 'on-site' SEO, market, do social-media marketing, etc? You can also track your traffic sources, keywords etc.
- List building
- Whenever you sell an item, the customer is YOURS! You can then market your product(s) to them again on/off eBay from them!
- It requires ZERO initial investment! It's free to sign up, and to create some 'working capital' just sell some stuff from around your house on the site!

Many aspects of eBay selling you can then translate to other avenues of Internet Marketing.

In addition, on eBay, you're not confined to selling just one item, or line of items.

You don't have to JUST wholesale, or JUST dropship.

You can sell on consignment, from garage sales, pawn shops, off personal manufacturing, industrial manufacturing, importing, or even selling crap from around your house!

Remember - if you put something up on eBay TODAY you can make money TODAY.

How many times can you say that about researching, creating, and marketing a website?

With a website, there are three stages. Research, construction, and marketing. Money is not made in research and construction. ONLY marketing. (And only after tweaking the marketing after extensive data collection)

ALSO

Everyone knows their 'idiot neighbor' or friend that knows nothing about computers that makes a killing on eBay.

If they can do it, why can't you?

Now, imagine what you can do if you KNEW what you were doing?

Feel free to ask me ANYTHING about eBay.

-Auction Debt Eliminator-

kashiono
08-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I started to post things on ebay and so far I have not received many views or bids. I was wondering if you can offer any suggestions. I do have positive feedback, but the competition is so strong...feeling uninspired...

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I started to post things on ebay and so far I have not received many views or bids. I was wondering if you can offer any suggestions. I do have positive feedback, but the competition is so strong...feeling uninspired...

Kashiono,

I'm so glad you've asked this question.

And the answer is YES! I can give you some great suggestions as I have a lot of experience in this particular area.

And, one thing to give you some great comfort is that the competition really doesn't matter in this particular instance. Why? Because your competition is stupid. In fact, there are ways you can look at your competition, derive what they are doing wrong, and rank a LOT higher than them - even sell for higher prices!

So, here's the most common reason why you're not getting traffic: your title.

Is your title short? Is it full of punctuation? Is it full of filler words like 'The' 'is' 'and' 'with' 'by'?

Does it have phrases like: "free shipping!" or even the infamous, '[email protected]@K!'

A title needs to be full of KEYWORDS that people ACTUALLY type in. eBay uses titles to sort listings based on how closely they are related to the original search query. They give you 80 characters to work with, so stuff it full of keywords -- separating them ONLY with spaces.

The more search terms you have, the more VIEWS you'll get!

Now, when you have the added traffic, the second thing you need to do is funnel it into an ACTION.

This is done in how you sell the item. Many people just 'describe' their items. This is another common mistake people make.

You NEVER want to 'describe' an item -- you want to SELL it. You want to be conversational and engaging -- but equally important you want to sell YOURSELF!

Talk about your policies and the hows/whats/whys of them and why you are so far-and-away better than everyone else on eBay.

Then, couple it with a sense of urgency, calls to action, and incentives.

You'll have people bidding, buying, and submitting offers like crazy if this is done effectively.

There are other things you can do - such as exploiting the 'views to actions ratio' (which I have taught for YEARS) but I suspect these might be your main issues.

I suspect this because these are the most common mistakes.

Enjoy! There is a ton of money on eBay to be made!

danasurvey
08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Are there better days of the week or times of the day to end an auction? I'm guessing late evening/early night because most people would be home from work. I'm also guessing Monday-Thursday might be the best days to get more action on your auctions?

Or does it really vary depending on the product you are selling?

Thanks. :)

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Are there better days of the week or times of the day to end an auction? I'm guessing late evening/early night because most people would be home from work. I'm also guessing Monday-Thursday might be the best days to get more action on your auctions?

Or does it really vary depending on the product you are selling?

Thanks. :)

Another excellent question - and the answer is 'Yes'.

A common misconception is that 'weekends' are the best days to end auctions on eBay because that is when people are in front of their computers most often. But, actually weekends are the days eBay has the LEAST amount of traffic. (Friday-Sunday to be most specific)

The days of the week eBay has the most amount of traffic is Monday-Thursday.

The reason why is quite interesting -

Everyone here has bought something off the Internet. And, when you buy something off the Internet, the FIRST thing you do is salivate rabidly over the computer waiting for your tracking number.

And when you get that tracking number, you just press 'refresh' over, and over, and over again every 10 minutes to see if it's ANY closer to your house.

You can't wait until its there because you haven't taken your 'delayed gratification' pills.

Now, when people buy items on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, the feeling is way worse. And if you bought the item on a Monday, you'd get the package on the same day anyway.

So, your analysis is correct. And that is the reason why.

The time of day is actually around 10PM Eastern time is the best time to end auctions as well.

Closing at 3am on a Tuesday isn't going to do you much good.

One thing that is comforting, is that if you've made these mistakes, you can always end your auction and redo it without penalty - so long as it's outside of 12 hours of the auction close.

HOWEVER, if you make a habit of this, eBay is going to catch wind and probably suspend your account.

You can't do this because you 'didn't get as much money as you thought'

In fact, you only list auctions under one scenario - that I've always taught in my free tips.

Auctions are great, though, because you have such great turnover, and great rankings.

But you have to KNOW when to sell as an auction, and WHEN to sell at a fixed price.

Before you sell anything on eBay, you can and SHOULD know the price and the format that will yield that price- that is the most common mistake I see people make. You cannot, and should not default to auctions and end them all if you're not getting the requisite bids.

eBay can shut you down for that.

Luckily the research techniques are all available to avoid that prior to listing anyway.

Good question!

ocsandygroup
08-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Great information on ebay, i really appreciate it!

danasurvey
08-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply AuctionDebtEliminator. :)

MissyAnn
08-24-2013, 04:23 PM
I just started selling on ebay this month. So far, I've had great success. I can only sell 10 items this month, which is kinda a drag, since so far I've sold 5 things, 2 will be sold tomorrow (I have bidders). I am hoping to have my limit raised in Sept. Anyway, I have a shipping question. I usually just ship first class ( I've been selling clothing and using poly mailing envelopes) I have an item that is over 13 ozs so I can't use first class, so I'll use the priority flat rate, do I have to use a priority box or can I put the shipping label that says 2 day priority on a poly mailing envelope? Thanks for you help!

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-26-2013, 05:30 AM
I just started selling on ebay this month. So far, I've had great success. I can only sell 10 items this month, which is kinda a drag, since so far I've sold 5 things, 2 will be sold tomorrow (I have bidders). I am hoping to have my limit raised in Sept. Anyway, I have a shipping question. I usually just ship first class ( I've been selling clothing and using poly mailing envelopes) I have an item that is over 13 ozs so I can't use first class, so I'll use the priority flat rate, do I have to use a priority box or can I put the shipping label that says 2 day priority on a poly mailing envelope? Thanks for you help!

Hello MissyAnn,

The first thing I want to let you know, is that you can raise that limit pretty quickly.

Let me give you a few tips.

First, verify your Paypal account. This means you have a 'back-up' payment plan with eBay in case you don't have sufficient funds in your account to pay the bills. They put 2 small deposits in your account so you can do this.

Because you've already sold items and received positive feedback for them, eBay is already going to be more apt to increase your limit.

So - call eBay: 866-540-3229 - and tell them that you want your limit increased and you have a Paypal verified account, and you have sold items and have received positive feedback. And you plan on increasing your sales because you have more items. If you're not talking to a trainee, they'll do it right then and there. If you are, and they won't, just ask to go up to the next higher-up. You'll get it done.

To answer your actual question - here's my rule-of-thumb with shipping.

Whatever is the cheapest method, I use. A lot of times people get caught up in needing to ship out immediately and expedite the item like crazy.

Here's all you need to do - ship it the same business day or the next business day, and you can get away from the cheapest method, so long as you have tracking. People are more interested that it is on its way and you have done your part.

If it is delivered within the expected delivery dates (and it usually is) then the buyer cannot give you a bad/low DSR - it's impossible.

This includes even CHARGING shipping. (which is against my 3 rules of eBay I teach to get you ranked high in the eBay search engine)

Don't cut into your profit margins by waiting to ship out - and expediting shipping when it's not necessary.

Hope this helps!

-ADE-

lorah
08-26-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm a pretty new seller on Ebay and the thing I don't understand is why Paypal is putting a hold on my funds. They never did that before. Sometimes, not always, I need those funds to pay for the shipping of the item. I got funds released early once but they said that I needed $250 in sales or 25 positive feedback. I have 13 and I am almost at $250 in sales. Will they remove that "hold" as soon as I reach $250 or do I have to request it? It's truly a pain in the tail.

ETA: I really want to make a go of this as it can bring in needed money for household bills as well as help "fund" some other projects I want to work on.

MissyAnn
08-26-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm a pretty new seller on Ebay and the thing I don't understand is why Paypal is putting a hold on my funds. They never did that before. Sometimes, not always, I need those funds to pay for the shipping of the item. I got funds released early once but they said that I needed $250 in sales or 25 positive feedback. I have 13 and I am almost at $250 in sales. Will they remove that "hold" as soon as I reach $250 or do I have to request it? It's truly a pain in the tail.

ETA: I really want to make a go of this as it can bring in needed money for household bills as well as help "fund" some other projects I want to work on.

I've been getting my funds earlier than it says. Usually a day or two after the package has been delivered. As far as paying for shipping, I click on pay later. Then it will come out when my funds are available from that purchase.

lorah
08-26-2013, 08:57 AM
I get them earlier than it originally says too, but sometimes I need it right away. I don't use the print shipping label, I take it to the post office myself. That's good to know though, thanks

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-27-2013, 05:01 AM
You guys are right.

In fact, funds are released in one of 3 situations:

One, the item, according to the shipping information, is deemed as delivered.

Two, you've received positive feedback on the item,

Or three, 21 days have lapsed.

Fortunately, this 'hold' on your funds doesn't happen for long - and it only happens for new sellers - or sellers that have taken a hiatus for a long, long time. This is to protect buyers against the 'few' who have 'ruined it for the rest of us'.

There have been times where people have sold, say, 10 TV's on eBay, that they have never had, as a new eBay account, taken the money, and ran.

Then, all of those 10 people that paid thousands for these TV's had nothing to show for it!

eBay, needing to keep their reputation as a 'safe, secure' place to buy needed to put this policy in place to make sure that new sellers don't do this. It's a blanket policy that is done on just the first sales.

It really doesn't last long, and as soon as eBay deems your listings are safe to be sold, that temporary hold is released, and it doesn't happen anymore.

But, as I said, those funds will be released earlier on those 3 occasions.

It kinda stinks that you need the funds sometimes to ship the items out - but it kinda is in place because of what unscrupulous sellers have done in the past.

So, you kinda have to plan for that if you're a new seller.

But once that's out of the way, you're off to the races!

lorah
08-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

Of course!

That's what I'm here for!

AuctionDebtEliminator
09-17-2013, 05:50 AM
I was asked this question today - and I think it would be a benefit to the WAHM's here:

"Does anyone have experience with buying eBay accounts or PayPal accounts? Mine got banned because I was selling too fast."

Well,

There is certainly more to the story here. eBay wouldn't ban you for selling 'too much too fast'. There is a nature to the items being sold that is in question - or how the customers viewed the items.

Or, the types of items that were being sold.

What happened?

I actually start eBay stores 3-4 times a year, build them, and then sell them after creating Top-rated seller accounts, but I do it completely legitimately, with eBay knowing full-well what I'm doing - because it doesn't violate their TOS if they know you're selling the business.

There are a few things you need to do, though.

You need an attorney,
A notary,
And a contract.

All of this is then turned over to eBay with full disclosure, and all addresses are then changed. (Paypal doesn't need to be changed, because you can just change the Paypal account on the listings to the one owned by the buyer.)

Just make sure you do it right, because getting banned by eBay isn't very good for your wallet.

debcottage
10-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Great advice! I need to go digging through my attic and garage. Thanks.

lorah
10-02-2013, 08:36 AM
That is a great place to start for sure. Seems we are always finding something around here that we can list!

AuctionDebtEliminator
10-16-2013, 05:58 AM
That is a great place to start for sure. Seems we are always finding something around here that we can list!

Absolutely!

One of the most common mistakes I see, though, is people who 'find something to list', but 'guess' on the price it'll sell for.

Either it sells for a low price, or it doesn't sell at all because it's inflated.

In either case - you lose money in the price it sells for, or in opportunity cost.

That is why you NEED to know the price it WILL sell for before you list it --- plus the format that will yield that price.

aalexander
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I have been on and off eBay for 7 years...Casually selling and buying.
I really would like to branch out into handmade items ect...Is ebay
a good place? or should I look at etsy or somewhere else?
I sell all different things,but would like to have a store set up soon...

Thankyou for any advice

Anita

lorah
10-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Etsy is good for handmade although the fees will bite you if you are not careful. People will tell you that you have to re-list constantly, like daily and every time you do, it's a ching of 20 cents. Doesn't sound like a lot BUT if you have 100 items and you list and re-list that will be $20 a pop. Plus there have been so many changes there and not for the good of the seller. There is another site called ArtFire where you pay a flat monthly rate for unlimited listings. It is similar to Etsy in that it is handmade, vintage and supplies. Personally, I'd go with ArtFire before Etsy.

AuctionDebtEliminator
10-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Anita,

Thank you so much for your question - I'll let you know why eBay might NOT be a good place to start out with this for a while.

But eventually, you may consider it.

When you sell on eBay, you have one distinct advantage over Artfire, Esty, eBids, or even Amazon.

You can predict how much an item WILL sell for -- before you ever sell it. This is the 'market worth'.

Essentially, this is the price people (the market) 'choose' it is worth.

People constantly make the mistake of 'guessing' a price an item will sell for - and when they guess that price, it stays on eBay (or the other sites for that matter) in perpetuity, and it never sells. Or, it will sell quickly, and you're left wondering if you underprices/undervalued it!

Now - because these are handmade-unique items, you don't have any data to collect from them! Therefore, you cannot see what the eBay market is.

This means (according to my 3 rules of eBay) that you cannot conform to rule #2 and they HAVE to be a buy-it-now.

When you list them at a good til cancelled, you're not paying the fees for them as often as a perpetual relisting, and with multiquantity listings, you're also taking advantage of your views-to-actions ratio.

However, establishing a market worth for these unique, handmade, items is difficult unless they are in a popular niche - and you title them correctly (no extraneous adjectives)

Hope this helps!

lorah
10-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Good points. I have never thought of ebay as a place to sell handmade. People go to ebay looking for a 'deal' and won't pay what handmade is worth. That being said, I agree with you about finding that 'niche'.

aalexander
10-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Thankyou both for the feedback.... I will apply it,and look into it. :-)

AuctionDebtEliminator
10-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Thankyou both for the feedback.... I will apply it,and look into it. :-)

Of course!

Let me know if you need any help and/or ultimately what you decide to do!

flmama
11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
There is so much awesome info here! What I am having trouble with is people not paying. They buy something and then do not pay. MY parents who used to have a big ebay store and they said it is more than likely sellers who had similar products.Although I have trouble believing that. I have sent invoices and never hear back. So, now I have unpaid cases open.
Agrivating but hopefully they get resolved soon.
Now back to reading all this helpful stuff!

AuctionDebtEliminator
11-04-2013, 06:36 AM
This is a very good question -

Now, if you can prove this (having competitors usernames and connecting it to their eBay store) then you have cause for recourse.

It's actually a HUGE eBay violation. If they were to buy it and give you negative feedback, they can actually get their account suspended/banned. That is feedback manipulation.

You can contact eBay's trust-and-safety department for this and give your evidence.

If you send invoices and never hear back, then you can open an unpaid item dispute in the resolution center.

This gets eBay involved in a 'collection' process. If they can't get the money, then you can just relist the item again, and sell it.

Your final value fees will be credited back to your account as well.

One thing people ALWAYS forget to do, though, is ADD THEM TO YOUR BLOCKED BIDDERS LIST! That way they cannot bid/buy from you.

I always do this to people who seem too demanding on their questions before they buy as well. You just KNOW they will never be pleased. When they say 'Why can't I buy this product?' I always tell them that I 'just don't think we'd make a good match for each other - and I don't think I would be able to make you happy no matter what hoops I jump through. I've seem people like you in the past, so you'll have to find this item elsewhere, but I thank you for your time'

You have a right to do that as a business owner, and negative feedback is ALWAYS more expensive than 'not selling the item'.

But make sure you CLOSE those unpaid item cases, get those items relisted, and sold again.

janny108
11-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm really wanting to do this more because I can't find a job, been looking for a long time. But where I volunteer people are very stressed out., and I don't want that. I listed an item and got a good result(over $100)! But can I get good items at Goodwill which is around the corner from where I live?
How do you know what sells?
Jan

janny108
11-08-2013, 12:48 PM
it says on the site to start at $.99 to attract more buyers. True? When is it good to put a "buy it now' price?

AuctionDebtEliminator
11-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Janny108 -

Remember, it's all dependent on the RESEARCH, and the historical behavior of the item.

There is only one situation - and ONE situation ONLY where you list an item as an auction that I teach.

And when you SEE that situation, you HAVE to list it as an auction in order to get mass amounts of bids and sell for the highest price.

Otherwise, the rest of your items HAVE to be a buy it now - where you're still selling at the highest price.

Now there are still ways of selling your items quickly by the development of your brand funnel. That is to increase your conversion rate.

So, read that eBook carefully. The rules RANK you high - the brand funnel sells the items quickly.

And items are only sold at the respective formats based on the history of the item itself - not just 'auctions' automatically. That's dangerous.

(So too, is listing them at a buy-it-now automatically) There is free data to tell you WHICH one is selling at this highest price!

AuctionDebtEliminator
11-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Someone had asked a question, but I don't see it posted anymore. Their name was Peters879

Here was the question:

"Is ebay offer cash on delivery. I want to buy a moblie from it and don't know about its payment process."

Here is my answer:

Technically yes - you can pay cash on delivery, and this is done through 'Local pickup only' listings. And, frankly, through conventional listings.

You can manually mark a listing as 'paid' in full in your eBay account. So yes, this is possible. However, it is frowned upon, and they don't convert as well as conventional listings.

Why? Well, a buyer doesn't have the same protections as if they purchased through Paypal. And I always tell people this. (I accept Paypal because of all the protections a buyer gets - of the 'rare, if never chance something goes wrong)

So I just use Paypal anyway.

-ADE-

gregdavidson
11-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Is there a market for your products? And are your products price low enough? On the internet, it's very easy to compare prices and get the lowest price.

AuctionDebtEliminator
11-22-2013, 07:54 AM
It's a common mistake for people to lower the price on items for the sake of turnover.

You don't have to 'lower the price' to compete.

You just have to RAISE your ranking - and still sell for a FAIR price.

However, you need to make sure your items are still selling at a FAIR price.

So long as you're ranking higher than your competitors, you'll get the traffic, and as long as you can capture them - they won't leave your listings.

MissyAnn
11-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I may need some help. I had someone win one of my auctions on Monday (Nov 25). I still have yet to receive payment. Yesterday, I sent out an invoice. Since I started in Aug, I never had to wait more then 2 days. I checked this person and this is the first time they bought anything since 2011. Should I be concern? How long should I wait and what is my course of action? Thanks in advance for your help.

Beachday
12-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I may need some help. I had someone win one of my auctions on Monday (Nov 25). I still have yet to receive payment. Yesterday, I sent out an invoice. Since I started in Aug, I never had to wait more then 2 days. I checked this person and this is the first time they bought anything since 2011. Should I be concern? How long should I wait and what is my course of action? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have found that about half of the people with no current feedback have no intention of actually purchasing the item. You should probably file a non paying bidder to get your fees credited and relist your item

MissyAnn
12-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Finally got paid today! They apologized and said they were out of town.

UnitedMommy
12-01-2013, 03:52 PM

I'm glad you got paid, but I would still block them from bidding on my items in the future. Who bids on something, doesn't pay, and then goes out of town? Besides the fact, that internet is everywhere. They could've paid while out of town. I don't like when people lie, and it sounds like they were lying and they just didn't have the money. How hard would it have been to just ask you for a few days to make payment, prior to bidding on the item?

Beachday
12-01-2013, 11:22 PM

You are lucky it worked out. With some items I have sold, I ended up doing Best Offer because there were people bidding up items to sell their own and then not paying. If someone made an offer I was okay with, I would message them and then send a counter offer for 0.01 more so that they would have to accept and pay. This way I could keep the item listed until they paid.

AuctionDebtEliminator
12-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Well, eBay DOES give them 5 days before you can open an unpaid item dispute. (Where eBay gives them an additional 5 days before you can file for a final value fee credit)

This is because it takes 3-5 days for the necessary funds to transfer into Paypal from a bank account.

I don't think they were lying, per se, about 'not being able to pay'. I think they were just very anxious to buy the item, yes, but they were probably waiting for the funds to clear into Paypal!

Yes, they have the 'bill me later' option, but with people who are morally against debt in all cases (like myself) they might have just not done this.

Or, they might not have known what this was, or if it was an option.

At any rate - I think we should take eBay's stance on this. "People are generally good."

I think there is a plague on the Internet, and in society in general where we are becoming very bitter an distrustful - and absolutely SHOCKED when things work out! (When that is the vast majority of the time)

People are mostly good.

Let's capitalize on that with our businesses - and have contingencies in place in CASE something doesn't work out - but let's not plan that we'll get ripped off EVERY transaction.

That will leave us all in poverty.

liznlu
12-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I've been selling on Ebay for over a decade on a part-time basis and I started selling on Amazon about a year ago. I am doing much better on Amazon than on Ebay. Although they both have their pros and cons, I use them both. I am currently buying from the "middleman" leaving me with little wiggle room for profit. I have searched online for wholesale distributors but they are either from China or they are not the "real source" I came across this website that says that for 300 dollars they provide you with a list of legitimate wholesale distributors. Would that be a scam? I find that to be an outrageous price to get that information. Any help would be much appreciated.

AuctionDebtEliminator
12-03-2013, 08:25 AM
You're probably talking about World Wide Brands.

Yeah, they're a joke.

They claim they 'have done all the research FOR you' and that you 'don't have do do any due diligence' from there.

However, if you pay the 300 dollars, then start listing items - you'll then start scratching your head when all of your items just sit on eBay in perpetuity and never sell.

I've seen it happen many, many times.

You HAVE to know how to research - predict profitability BEFORE you sell an item and even KNOW how much an item WILL sell for before you list it - AND the format that will yield that price.

Plus, if you are to do dropshipping, there is a specific - very specific way to do it. And it's not just point-and-shoot.

I've been teaching these processes for years, and that's why I've had to write entire eBooks on them. It's not as simple as people claim - but to do it right, there is a process. But, I don't necessarily like dropshipping, I like higher-margin sales - but the demand was too high and people kept begging me to write a dropshipping eBook, so I had to.

However, people always wonder: "Where does my dropshipper get the product?" It's all in the research. Research you MUST do to be successful, not only on eBay, but ANY business venture.

Beachday
12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Actually Ebay changed their policy and you can open an unpaid item claim within two days. That's because there ARE alot of people that bid and don't pay.

liznlu
12-03-2013, 04:08 PM
You're probably talking about World Wide Brands.

Yeah, they're a joke.

They claim they 'have done all the research FOR you' and that you 'don't have do do any due diligence' from there.

However, if you pay the 300 dollars, then start listing items - you'll then start scratching your head when all of your items just sit on eBay in perpetuity and never sell.

I've seen it happen many, many times.

You HAVE to know how to research - predict profitability BEFORE you sell an item and even KNOW how much an item WILL sell for before you list it - AND the format that will yield that price.

Plus, if you are to do dropshipping, there is a specific - very specific way to do it. And it's not just point-and-shoot.

I've been teaching these processes for years, and that's why I've had to write entire eBooks on them. It's not as simple as people claim - but to do it right, there is a process. But, I don't necessarily like dropshipping, I like higher-margin sales - but the demand was too high and people kept begging me to write a dropshipping eBook, so I had to.

However, people always wonder: "Where does my dropshipper get the product?" It's all in the research. Research you MUST do to be successful, not only on eBay, but ANY business venture.

I bit the bullet and paid for it and went even further to get a tax id because in order for them to even give you any info you need to have one. I am not interested in drop shipping. I have been purchasing lots at liquidation dot com.. I like to see the merchandise and I have stellar feedback because I ship usually within 24 hours unless the sale was done over the weekend. Do you have a website? Where do you have your ebook listed?

AuctionDebtEliminator
12-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Yes, I have a website.

You can find it on my profile - or my sig link since you asked. Otherwise, I don't like being too overtly promotional in my posts.

AuctionDebtEliminator
01-14-2014, 06:34 AM
Where did mcw2004 go?

I had a message in my box about them asking a question about help and when I logged in today - it was gone.

This is what it said: "Hi, I had read through your posts on WAHM and the advice that you were giving some on the site. Very Good!!! I hope that you have the time to answer my question or two :)

First, I have heard that many people sell with success on eBay and I would really like to be one of those persons who can make a income out of it. Is it possible to work eBay and make an actual income not just extra money?

Second, I would probably most selling children's clothes. I have sold this so far on eBay on and off for the past 8 years. I do have positive feedback, I believe I am still at 100%. But my question is how to sell the clothing and make a good profit from it? I am never sure what to start the price at and then when you have a large amount of clothes, shipping can be very expensive...so I find myself afraid to price a large shipping amount because it may scare people away??? If I put free shipping then I run into having to pay out of whatever I make and if it is not much than really I lose.

One more thing, I saw where you said that the titles mean a lot and how you want to use keywords in your titles. Could you give me an example of what a title should look like if I am selling "100pc Baby Girl Clothes Lot" ... this is how I would usually word it and perhaps put the name brands after it and the sizes in there too????

I greatly appreciate your help!!!

This is actually a very good question, and one that I do tackle with my '3 rules of eBay.'

Free shipping is necessary, but only when you know how much the item is WORTH to the market. Remember, you're not telling people the price of the item, you're selling the item at the price the market has assigned they will pay.

I 'want' to sell my item for 1000 dollars, but it doesn't mean people will buy it for that.

If you see historically that people will buy it for 40 dollars, then you need to know that this price will COVER shipping.

Also - with titles, you need to scrutinize every work in the title to make sure someone 'searches' for that keyword to find it.

Do people type in 100pc to find baby clothes? No. But do they type in 'Gymboree, Disney, Dress, Infant, 3-6 month" etc?

Yes.

So those are the keywords that need to be in titles - searchable words - so people will find you.

SeasonsintheHeart
01-14-2014, 12:29 PM
I have a question about feedback on Ebay: How important is it as a seller? What magic number are buyers looking for?
I have a 100% positive feedback rating of 261, which is fine...but, many, many of my buyers have not bothered to leave any feedback at all over the years. So, that number is definitely understated compared to the actual number of successful sales I've had.
Just last week I shipped items to 6 different buyers, all delivered according to tracking - and only ONE (1) feedback review! Why don't buyers leave feedback??
Is there a tactful way of "reminding" buyers to do so? Or, is it just not significant enough of an issue at this point?
It doesn't keep me up at night...but it does bother me. Any thoughts?

AuctionDebtEliminator
01-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Great question.

I probably, myself, have about 10,000 outstanding feedback that people haven't left.

And, a good practice to increase feedback is to put in a friendly reminder in the package you send out with something like: "I just wanted to make sure you have a positive 5-star transaction. If you have, please leave the appropriate feedback - if anything can be improved, please let me know! I look forward to doing business with you again."

And leave it at that.

The 'magic number' you're looking for - before you should sell ANYTHING' really, is 10.

That's it.

If you have a feedback score above 10 - and have earned a yellow star, you're fine.

You can have a push for feedback in order to get a top-rated powerseller, that's fine, but the threshold - where people begin to buy items for prices you've researched they'd sell for, is 10.

-ADE-

SeasonsintheHeart
01-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you so much for the information. Your help here on the forum is very much appreciated! Off to ebay to list more items... Have a great day! :D
Michelle

MissyAnn
02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
I have been selling on ebay since Aug and have really ramped it up. I've been able to pay the monthly bills that I was paying when I had an outside part time job. However, I've recently noticed (I don't know how I missed it before, I guess I was just thrilled to have extra money) that I'm being a charged a shipping fee. I did google this and apparently it's been going on for quite some time. Is this legal? I mean, either me or my buyers are paying the shipping cost, not ebay. How can they charge a fee to ship?
I'm thinking of looking into sites where I can sell.

As always, I'm looking forward to your response. You have been very helpful in the past and I check this thread regularly.

worldfree512
02-22-2014, 07:08 AM
what a great info, i have never seen this info
Nice thread
Keep sharing

AuctionDebtEliminator
03-04-2014, 08:12 AM
I have been selling on ebay since Aug and have really ramped it up. I've been able to pay the monthly bills that I was paying when I had an outside part time job. However, I've recently noticed (I don't know how I missed it before, I guess I was just thrilled to have extra money) that I'm being a charged a shipping fee. I did google this and apparently it's been going on for quite some time. Is this legal? I mean, either me or my buyers are paying the shipping cost, not ebay. How can they charge a fee to ship?
I'm thinking of looking into sites where I can sell.

As always, I'm looking forward to your response. You have been very helpful in the past and I check this thread regularly.

I'd like some clarification on this.

Are you stating that you're marking your items as 'free shipping' but you're being charged to ship out your items? Or, are you stating that you're being charged eBay final value fees on your shipping cost?

Or is it something else?

Thank you for the clarification -

-ADE-

MissyAnn
03-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Some of the items the customer pays for shipping and I'm getting fees based on the shipping anywhere from 20-68 cents.

The items that are free shipping then don't get that shipping fee but of course I pay more in my fees because the final price is higher because the shipping price is included.

XseedEmpowered
03-07-2014, 03:00 AM
List and sell. Easy money maker!!!

MommyXs2
03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi there, I have been selling old xbox games and dvd's on ebay for a while and I am running out of stuff at home. Where else can I get things to sell on ebay to really ramp up my business? I do plan on selling baby and toddler clothes, and some craft supplies (I don't have many unfortunately) I guess my question is what do you do when you have cleaned out the attic so to speak. Where do I go from here?

Sue McBay
03-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Wow I'm glad I found this site and you!
I have a question -

Aside from my drop shipping, I am trying to help someone who wants to sell t shirts online for his group. I was hoping he could sell them through ebay. Because as you say it's so much easier and practically everything is done for you. But they limit him to the # of listings due to his being new.

So someone buys a shirt and the listing ends and he'd have to watch 24/7 to make sure to list again. He is also selling caps and decals.

Do you have a better way? He did open a store for it.

Thanks for any tips.
If you would rather write to me, my email is [email protected]

debatemom
03-13-2014, 02:34 PM
ADE,

I can't find the link on eBay to see the "completed listings" you are viewing in the video in your e-book...

Can you point it out for me?

THANKS! :)

debatemom
03-13-2014, 05:40 PM
ADE,

I can't find the link on eBay to see the "completed listings" you are viewing in the video in your e-book...

Can you point it out for me?

THANKS! :)

I found it...:o

mysilverbrickroad
03-25-2014, 07:40 AM
If you search through completed auctions and can't find your specific item, how do you price your item or should you even post it until you find it?

vivianpos
04-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Great tips on here. Thank you for sharing.

chubbyclouds
04-09-2014, 03:39 AM

i know that situation is pretty frustrating since the buyer is waiting for the item and you cant get the funds for it yet. But I guess ebay and paypal is doing that hold temporarily to make sure that you will ship the item in good condition and the buyer will be satisfied and protected as well with the sale. There is also an advantage for you as a seller, by delivering the items on time, you will be guaranteed a positive feedback. The criteria given to you is actually correct $250 in total sales, $25 positive fb, but they have not informed you that you must also be a seller of at 90 days. By reaching all the criteria, you are then considered an established seller and the funds hold will be released automatically.

chubbyclouds
04-09-2014, 03:58 AM
Hi there, I have been selling old xbox games and dvd's on ebay for a while and I am running out of stuff at home. Where else can I get things to sell on ebay to really ramp up my business? I do plan on selling baby and toddler clothes, and some craft supplies (I don't have many unfortunately) I guess my question is what do you do when you have cleaned out the attic so to speak. Where do I go from here?

hi! my tip would be, try going to yard/garage sales in your community and bring your phone with you with the eBay app, try to look for items that interest you, especially vintage or collectible items because they are really expensive in eBay when you sell them.(you can go to the site "garagesalecow" to search for a yard sale near you) After that try to search in the eBay app the prices of the items you have seen in the yard sale (do not buy them first) and if you seen something that interest you, then go ahead and buy it, but try to haggle first with the owners!.

After gathering the items you want to sell, clean them first if necessary and take a photo of it, in all angles if possible and especially the defects if there is because its important to give a detailed description in your listing to avoid cases opened against you for not describing correctly the items your selling. (you can search similar items to know how other sellers describe them but don't make them entirely similar)

oh and also, try to weigh the each items first to know the shipping cost because that's part of what the buyer will pay you aside from the item cost; there is shipping calculator on the site.

karenlac
06-02-2014, 01:38 PM
First off, thank you for sharing your eBay knowledge with everyone reading and responding to this thread! I've been buying and selling on eBay for several years and am pretty knowledgeable about using it. I originally started selling as just a hobby and to earn some extra money. I realized I had a talent for selling on eBay and I really enjoy it but I didn't always have the time.

My life/life-style has changed over the last couple of years (like it does for most of us!) and I now have all the time I need to dedicate myself to and focus on selling on eBay. The best piece of advice that was mentioned earlier that has helped me sell the most, is do your homework and research! :eek:

While I have sold items from a lot of different categories and am confident that I can sell just about anything, I really enjoy selling Lego's and Lego sets. I am very knowledgeable and passionate about Legos and they are just fun to sell. My problem is the same as for other eBay sellers - inventory! I've already sold everything I wanted to around the house. Sometimes I will even bid on and win Lego sets at a fantastic price and then around an resell them because I know they're worth much more than what I won it for using the auction format.

I want to be able to sell items on eBay full time (preferably Legos but I'll sell almost anything-I'm currently selling a few American Girl Dolls) but regardless of garage sales, goodwill stores, flea markets, friends/family, etc., I can't get enough merchandise to sell. Legos are especially difficult because the retail price on current sets are the same almost everywhere. Most people won't pay $50 on eBay for a set they can get at Walmart or any retail store for $35. The Lego company is very particular about who they sell to at wholesale prices. I see many eBayers who regularly sell Legos or have an eBay store so they get merchandise from some where but no one is willing to share the info. or their contacts. Drop-shipping isn't worth it and many are scams based on basic internet research.

Where else can I get enough inventory (Legos or other items) to be able to sell on eBay full time? I'm always on the lookout for eBay seller assistant jobs too where the person/business has lots of inventory but not enough time or sellers. Are there other options available to get more inventory/merchandise that hasn't been mentioned? I'm willing to take a chance and try something out of the box or unusual.
Thanks so much!:cool:

Sue McBay
06-04-2014, 01:55 AM
My kids have some legos from 1989 - are they worth anything on ebay? I didn't realize there were so many Lego loving people in the world :)

karenlac
06-04-2014, 01:38 PM
My kids have some legos from 1989 - are they worth anything on ebay? I didn't realize there were so many Lego loving people in the world :)

I'm sure the Legos from 1989 that your kids have are probably worth something... They could be worth $10 or they may be rare and worth hundreds. It all depends on a few specific things in regard to selling them on eBay (or any website really). There are a lot of adult collectors that pay big money for Lego sets. I myself am a collector but I also sell them from time to time.

Just one example I have about reselling Legos on eBay is the Lego Taj Mahal set. I bought it new from Lego when it was released for $249. I built it and kept it displayed for about a year but I always keep everything - the box, manuals, extra parts, even the plastic Lego bags. Since Lego often retires sets after a year or longer (depending on the set), they are then only available through secondary sellers like eBay. Even though that Taj Mahal set was technically used because it had been opened and built it was still worth a small fortune because it had been retired and I kept everything in mint-like condition. That set I originally paid $249 for, I ended up selling on eBay to a collector for over $1200. I've done that over and over again with certain Lego sets. The Lego Eiffel Tower set I paid $220 for brand new, I sold a little over a year later for $1500.:eek:

I would be happy to help you try to determine a value on the Legos you have from 1989. Sometimes older Legos are worth more but sometimes not. Just because it's older doesn't automatically make it worth a lot. First, are the Legos you have in a set or just loose/bulk bricks? If it's a set, do you have the original box, building instructions and everything it originally came with? If it's a set, it will have a model number. If you have the box the model number will be on it along with the name of the set. Having the model number is very important to be able to sell it and determine its value and the set details. If you do NOT know the model number, you could describe it to me and I'll be able to tell you the set name and find the model number too. Condition is another factor in determining the value - is it complete? are the bricks in good condition (not chewed on or gouged)?

Even if a Lego set is missing pieces or the bricks have been mixed up with other sets (which I see a lot because kids play with and enjoy them-Legos are a toy after all), they can still be worth money. Many people will list those Legos as a bulk lot and the more bricks you have, the more they're worth. Minifigures that come with some sets are also worth a lot of money. Depending on the Lego minifigure, they can be worth a few dollars each up to $30 or more each.

I hope this info. helps you and anyone else interested in selling Legos on eBay. If you have some money to invest, you can do what some other sellers do with Legos. When new sets are available on the Lego website (usually in the $75 and up price range), buy as many sets as you can afford and hold onto them until they are discontinued/retired and then sell them on eBay. The Lego website has sets you can't always find in the store and they are under the theme of "Lego Exclusives" and "Hard to Find". Lego does usually limit how many of those sets you can buy. Or find those sets and buy them when on sale. Toys R Us has sets that Walmart or Target won't carry and they often have sales of buy one set, get another set at 40% or 50% off.

I would be happy to help you identify the Legos you have and provide you with the info. and an estimated value. I hope you have some of those "jackpot" Legos that you can sell for a lot!!;):)

little-evo
06-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Reading your posts about Lego made me smile as one can tell you are really passionate and love Legos and without a doubt you're the type of seller I would want to buy from if I was interested in Lego. Even though I didn't ask the question about Legos, you made for a educational and interesting read. Thanks for that! :)

karenlac
06-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Reading your posts about Lego made me smile as one can tell you are really p***ionate and love Legos and without a doubt you're the type of seller I would want to buy from if I was interested in Lego. Even though I didn't ask the question about Legos, you made for a educational and interesting read. Thanks for that! :)
Thank you so very much! Your reply to my post made my day! Yes, I am overly p***ionate about Legos and my husband thinks I'm nuts sometimes with all the Legos I buy, sell and collect - LOL.:rolleyes:
If sharing my Lego knowledge can help someone save money or make money, then that makes me happy. I may include a little too much info. when selling Legos on eBay, but I would rather be that kind of seller than one who just uses a stock photo and no listing details. People should feel confident in what they're buying and be happy with their purchase. I really do try to treat every potential buyer the same way I want to be treated when I buy. ;)
Thanks again for taking the time to comment especially since you don't even have an interest in Legos! That was very kind of you and I sincerely appreciate it - you made my day:D!

WhoIsRenee
06-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Outragious starting prices. Thousands for a couple dollar items worth. Is there a lot of money layndering going on? That would be the only thing that would make any sense.

karenlac
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Outragious starting prices. Thousands for a couple dollar items worth. Is there a lot of money layndering going on? That would be the only thing that would make any sense.

I'm not sure if your talking about some of the prices for Lego's on eBay or responding to something I said in one of my posts.:confused: There are some delusional sellers on eBay that try to sell items at ridiculously high starting prices whether they are Legos or something else. There will always be those kind of sellers regardless.

As far as people paying hundreds or more for Legos in general... That is one of the wonderful things about having the freedom that we do in America! People can choose what they want to spend their money on and while you may choose to not buy Legos, many others do. For some Lego collectors like myself, it's the same as collecting anything else - stamps, coins/currency, ceramic pigs, shoes, purses/handbags, magnets, sports memorabilia, etc. If you have a passion for collecting something and enjoy doing it, that's what matters. And with anything that people collect, there are always items that are older and rarer that cost more. The value/worth of any item is what the buyer will pay for it.:cool:

Legos just happen to be my hobby. Another great thing about the freedom we enjoy in the U.S. (that so many have sacrificed for) is the saying, "To each their own"!;)

little-evo
06-13-2014, 10:09 AM
I agree with karenlac that overpriced items can be found in any section of ebay and collectors will pay over the top prices to have something in their collection. I know I have done this myself in buying European pottery and what I would consider a steal, others might say those exact words as well.

starbirdy66
08-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Having recently been to the first BrickFest in our area it is obvious there is a market for Legos, not just for old, but individualized items from collections are going for crazy price points. It looks like lenders are taking the time to collect 'lots' of Legos, separate and resell in smaller lots or by the piece. Some pieces these day are probably custom made for use with Legos (food weapons etc).

It is hard to tell how long this craze will last because it is a nightmare for parents who want to bring kids there to fuel their need for bricks. They charge exorbitant prices to get in, it is hard to see builds on display and it is total chaos trying to keep track of your children and how many bitty pieces they are chucking into a bucket.

Old Lego sets are wanted by collectors. Compare to what a "new" set currently runs for on Amazon. Old Ninjago sets sold as new run high so if you come lower than the lowest for new of the same, you could make a good deal if you have most the parts.

Stephanie Lintz
08-21-2014, 09:09 AM
As far as people paying hundreds or more for Legos in general... That is one of the wonderful things about having the freedom that we do in America! People can choose what they want to spend their money on and while you may choose to not buy Legos, many others do. For some Lego collectors like myself, it's the same as collecting anything else - stamps, coins/currency, ceramic pigs, shoes, purses/handbags, magnets, sports memorabilia, etc. If you have a passion for collecting something and enjoy doing it, that's what matters. And with anything that people collect, there are always items that are older and rarer that cost more. The value/worth of any item is what the buyer will pay for it.:cool:

Legos just happen to be my hobby. Another great thing about the freedom we enjoy in the U.S. (that so many have sacrificed for) is the saying, "To each their own"!;)

Well said! Go Capitalism!

LoriW
08-26-2014, 04:38 PM
AuctionDebtEliminator -

I have sold several things on ebay....just things around my house that I want to get rid of. I have been very successful, gotten the prices I want, have good feedback and have sold everything I have put up for auction. I feel very comfortable with Ebay but I would love to make this more than just getting rid of stuff. Would like to do it as my job but don't know how to get started doing it. Would love to learn how to dropship successfully.

My goal is to make $3000/month.
Is this a realistic goal?
Can you help me reach this goal?
Thanks!
Lori

LoriW
08-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks breadwinningfrom home! I like the sound of a thread or forum to bounce ideas off of. Thanks for the reply. I am going to look into dropshipping more. Will let you know my progress!

Lori

Topsarg
10-14-2014, 07:42 PM
I collected a lot of pair of designer jeans, but could not sell them all. I did discover that large men sizes are hard to find, and are great sellers. I guess it is hard for big and tall men to find clothes that fit. Any tips for selling women's jeans?

AuctionDebtEliminator
05-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Hey Lori!

Im new here but your post is pretty much exactly what my situation was, so I figured I'd respond.

In short, you can definitely reach $3000/month from dropshipping on eBay. I actually just started doing this about a week ago and having been optimizing my method and the results are already showing! I'd give you exact numbers but I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

Either way, I actually joined a program that teaches every day people how to dropship on eBay without buying inventory/worrying about shipping/etc.... but I left the program. My reasoning was that the knowledge they provided was GREAT, but the overall program seemed to me to be designed more for MLM marketing and I didn't want to get into that... I just wanted to make extra money from home! Hahaha

Anyway, my point is that YES, your goals are easily obtainable. I'm actually planning on posting promotions offering cheap access to the knowledge I used to learn how to dropship on eBay once my new account is allowed to.

I'd also like to start a thread that follows the 'dropshipping on eBay' method, where I can post about my progress along with others like yourself. I'm hoping it'll become a thread/environment where we can all bounce idea off one another and learn from each others mistakes and accomplishments. However, since I'm new here, I don't really know how to without breaking any forum rules.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble haha. Either way, don't be afraid to message me if you'd like some insight into my techniques and if I am able to get this thread up and going, I hope I see you in it!

Can't wait to hear about your progress!

I hope this isn't DS Domination. It's an MLM that promises huge profits, but is a violation of the TOS of Amazon and eBay. Even if you're not using a prime account. I don't recommend it at all.

ADE

mrswahm
06-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Wow, just spent the last 28 minutes reviewing this thread; lots of great info for budding eBayers!

LeLa17
06-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Great Day,
Ebay........hands down one of the greatest online merchant platforms to exist.
Since I began on Ebay it was a struggle to find that niche or product that could turn a buck into two...With a few items around the house i started my adventure. At the beginning it was great then i ran out of stuff to sell, it somewhat became addicting. So one thing turned into another and while researching what niche i could get in on gaining financial freedom like others I stumbled on gold......CELL PHONES.......
not just any cellphone, but broken, used, and new smartphones. A guy on Youtube showed me how he did it and i simply followed his direction. Go to craigslist compare and contrast on ebay and flip your money in 3 days.....its that simple.... :cool::):D

jsminecalifornia
06-15-2015, 09:15 PM
I work with ds domination and the basics are that u have to sell 25 items along with $250 and the probation period is 90 days im on my 75 day so far

AuctionDebtEliminator
07-10-2015, 09:00 AM
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I just want to make sure you're aware of DS Domination.

I would say about 25% of ALL my students cam from DS Domination. They say: "It sounded too good to be true, and I got my Amazon account banned."

DS Domination is a violation of each TOS.

Plus you have a higher rate of negative feedback which jeopardizes your chances of success - AND increases the violation quotient. You go over that, you're banned for life.

It's way too dangerous. You HAVE to be careful, and the best way to be careful is to do it right. (And make a ton of money doing it.)

ADE

muchmoremoola
09-16-2015, 12:47 AM
What a great thread! I have always been interested in selling on Ebay but never tried it because I thought it would be over saturated by other sellers selling the same thing! I figured I would lose money if I tried. Very interesting tips to keep in mind.

Also very interesting to read about how valuable Lego is! I knew it was but didn't think you could make a big profit like that! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it more!

Riverside
09-21-2015, 09:20 AM
I've got a question...

I already have an eBay account. Have bought a few items off and on for some years and always paid on time. If I begin selling items, should I use my same account, or would it be better to have a separate account for selling?

I don't have enough items to start a store (yet!), will just begin with a few items. But wondered if it would be best to make a brand new account for selling??

Been wanting to start selling on eBay, and this thread has such great info.

crisstar
10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I just want to make sure you're aware of DS Domination.

I would say about 25% of ALL my students cam from DS Domination. They say: "It sounded too good to be true, and I got my Amazon account banned."

DS Domination is a violation of each TOS.

ADE

Just to clarify, DS Domination is a course. Yes people are pulling in big numbers like that from the training they received from DS... But there's no way you're gonna make that kind of money doing what they teach you to do in the beginning - which I won't go into here.

However, DS Domination should not be making income claims especially since it is a money-making venture.

Some of the tactics that they teach are in violation of Amazon's Terms of Service. I've been through parts of the course and it does tell you to do things that either are in violation of Amazon's TOS and/or do things that are little bit ...shall we say "sketchy."

Beginners and/or people who trusted the peeps behind this course to give them facts on how to do eBay/Amazon are the ones who got their sites banned. This is very unfortunate.

I will say that no matter what kind of course, training, or advice you get, whether it's from DS Domination or AuctionDebEliminator or anyone else, always read the terms of service so that you know what you're doing is ok to do.

The TOS can change quite frequently and what was allowed one day, may be not allowed the next day.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube in regards to dropshipping, eBay, and Amazon selling. Again always double check what people are telling you. Some people like to push the envelope to see what they can get away with. Just know that if you're one of those kinds of people you may get banned.

imogene
11-30-2015, 10:40 PM
I agree with crisstar and auctiondebteliminator that it is too risky to follow the DS domination method. I would not want my Amazon account closed. Once it's closed it's gone forever.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1