WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Affiliate Question

prissanna
08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
What is the best affiliate site out there? I am starting up and online coupon code and deal website. I am using commission junction and have signed up with Share A Sale. I mainly am interested in department stores and known shopping websites. Any others out there I could check with?

Also, I need an editor or two to help add coupons and deals on the site. Since it's just starting out, I can't pay, but as soon as we start making money, it will be a paid position. Any ideas on where I can look for help?

danasurvey
08-21-2013, 02:10 PM
You might want to check with larger retailers. For example, Amazon has an affiliate program.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Clarifying question:

Are you looking to BECOME an affiliate? Or to sell your stuff BY affiliates?

And what is your definition of 'best affiliate?' The best payout? The greatest number of affiliate members? The best affiliate managers? The easiest application process?

angienewton
08-22-2013, 12:19 PM
There are a ton of great affiliate networks and programs. You might do a Google search for coupon affiliate networks and deal affiliate networks. You'll find sites like Savings.com, groupon.com and more.

Check out ebates.com, escalate network, etc.

As for finding someone to work for free, not sure that will be an easy task.

msuggitt
08-22-2013, 01:23 PM
I echo the thought that if you are looking for free labor to market your products - you are climbing a steep hill..... if they are good at internet marketing, they will promoting for themselves or paying clients.

you can use fiver or something similar to find cheap labor

prissanna
08-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Clarifying question:

Are you looking to BECOME an affiliate? Or to sell your stuff BY affiliates?

And what is your definition of 'best affiliate?' The best payout? The greatest number of affiliate members? The best affiliate managers? The easiest application process?

Sorry. I was typing in a hurry and wasn't sure how to ask what I was wanting to ask.

Become and affiliate. I use Commission Junction already. By best affiliate I mean greatest number of affiliate members. CJ has plenty of members, but most of them I haven't heard of. The bigger companies (mostly departments stores is what I'm looking for) are not listed with CJ.

Thanks for your time.

prissanna
08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
What I'm looking for in the way of help is someone to help add coupon codes and deals to my website. As it grows, it would be a paid position, but as it's only a few weeks old, I can't pay to begin with. I suppose my reasoning was that many people want to be moderators of forums and do that for free, so they might be willing to start with me free and working up to a paying position.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-23-2013, 05:43 AM
What you probably want to do, then, is approach individual CPA networks.

They would be able to help you create tools to have their affiliates sell your products (banner ads, coupon codes, etc) where you can even set those up on your website to help people become affiliates.

From there, it could take off greatly.

prissanna
08-23-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm not selling anything. I have a coupon / deal website like Retail Me Not (wish it was that big - hahahaha), Dealtaker, MyCoupons, etc. No product to sell. I am promoting coupons for companies and advertising their deals for them.

writepro
08-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm not selling anything. I have a coupon / deal website like Retail Me Not (wish it was that big - hahahaha), Dealtaker, MyCoupons, etc. No product to sell. I am promoting coupons for companies and advertising their deals for them.

Is it a WordPress blog or an HTML site?

I'm asking because if it's a wordpress site, it'll be a real piece of cake to add those links and ads. But it's not rocket science on an HTML site either.

I would suggest you learn a tiny bit of HTML and copy and paste those ads right into your site. That would be easiest, especially since many product vendors with good affiliate programs provide the code to you ready to paste into your site.

I'll be happy to explain it to you if you want to know more. Just send me a PM.

Or maybe I'll create a post on it...

angienewton
08-24-2013, 07:06 AM
What I'm looking for in the way of help is someone to help add coupon codes and deals to my website. As it grows, it would be a paid position, but as it's only a few weeks old, I can't pay to begin with. I suppose my reasoning was that many people want to be moderators of forums and do that for free, so they might be willing to start with me free and working up to a paying position.

Right I understand. But as for moderating forums, I do that as a paid service so I would just recommend that you do the listing yourself for now and reinvest your profits to hire someone.

prissanna
08-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Is it a WordPress blog or an HTML site?

I'm asking because if it's a wordpress site, it'll be a real piece of cake to add those links and ads. But it's not rocket science on an HTML site either.

HTML site. I'll send you a PM with the website name and would love your input on anything I should do. There are some things I don't like about the site (I bought a script from a guy) and I hope to eventually get those fixed by hiring a developer.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1