WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Affiliate marketing?

Cashcows4u
08-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Hello,
I have heard the buzz word but how and what is it?
How do you do it?
And is there real money to be made in it?
Sorry I just don't know.
Joy

danasurvey
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Affiliate Marketing can be a great way to make money. It allows you to monetize your sites and blogs with different things. Even Amazon has it's own affiliate program. :)

discrat
08-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah affiliate marketing can be lucrative. But you have to find the right programs that are legitimate and will help your customers.

I use Clickbank but even there you will run into some terribly bad affiliate products.

So really need to investigate what Affiliate products you promote when monetizing your site.

Robert Marsh

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-16-2013, 05:46 AM
Affiliate marketing is different than 'setting up a website and selling a product'

When you sell something from a website, like a product, you're essentially taking a margin.

However, with Affiliate marketing, you're PROMOTING a product. You essentially drive traffic to a website, and then send it somewhere else - and you then get commissions from that sale, lead, click, action, etc. (There are a lot of ways of monetizing)

Personally, my favorite way to do affiliate marketing is to create an informational product on a subject I know a LOT about. (Like making money selling on eBay) and then promoting that.

People will pay for your knowledge, and then you can hire affiliates to sell it FOR you.

That is the best way to do affiliate marketing by far - as you can remain passionate about it and it will never feel like a job.

writepro
08-16-2013, 06:18 AM
AuctionDebtEliminator has explained Affiliate Marketing well.

I'd like to add a few more things to his explanation...

It's true that you're promoting other people's products. But there are ways to make it work a lot better for you... Here's one:

You can and should capture the leads FIRST for yourself. You can do that by creating an enticing product (special report, etc.) that you're giving away in exchange for people's email address.

Ideally, this product should pre-sell the product you're promoting. Then, inside your product, you're sending people to the affiliate link. You can also send them follow-up emails giving them tips and getting them further excited about the product.

And... of course you can also promote other related products to them... This is a way to do affiliate marketing that will help you build YOUR business and not just someone else's.

Michal Clarke
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Affiliate marketing is a way for a company to sell its products and by hiring or signing up new customers whose purpose is to market the company’s products for a commission. Affiliate marketing is based on performance in which business rewards more than one affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the marketing efforts of affiliates.

Financial Planners Brisbane (http://www.gfinancial.com.au/)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1