WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Kitsy Lane'rs?

lorah
08-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Are there any active Kitsy Lane boutique owners here? Maybe we can get our folder back if there is enough interest. I just joined so I would like to network with others

lorah
08-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Do you have any tips for new boutique owners? I'm still going through my "to do" list and really want to learn how others market their business. I am not on Facebook and am not planning on building a page there.

lorah
08-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I am not on Facebook but am on several other social media sites. Thank you for the ideas though. I hope that we can continue to network here even though there are not 5 of us yet. I have two team members that I need to get over here! LOL

wryDandeLyon
10-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I just started with Kitsy Lane, and have no idea what I am doing. :confused:
I'm not a salesperson, and I don't do social networking.

I'm really glad I came across this opportunity though. And it's a little funny to me that I'm doing this because I generally don't wear jewelry. But I do appreciate it, and own a few inexpensive pieces. :p

Anyway, I hope this stuff starts making sense soon - Eager to start making sales! :D

I'd posted here already, but I reckon I made a no-no (link, probably), 'cause it seems to have poofed.

BUT! - I got my first registered customer!!!!
No sale, but, hey, it's a step in the right direction- even if I went about it the wrong way, ;)
LOL

Hayl
10-17-2013, 12:14 PM
I myself am a Kitsy Laner. And advertise on most of the social media platforms. Still no sells yet, but have registered customers. Now optional business kits are available. Hope this helps.
Jessica

Bevel
10-17-2013, 12:29 PM
I wondered what happened to you guys? It would be nice to see it come back for the newbies who haven't started sowing those seeds (lol). I wish everyone the best!

healthysolutions
10-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm still with Kitsy Lane also. I post to various sites and hand out business cards. I just recently started using the flyers they have in our back office!! I notice the best response I get is when I market/advertise offline.

Beverly Spooner
12-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Hello I also have a boutique through Kitsy Lane .

dep65
12-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I have a boutique too. I would love to hear how everyone is doing with sales. Where do you advertise?

jan8022
12-22-2013, 06:14 AM
I just signed up yesterday. For those who are looking for a "quick income" none of these direct sales companies will provide that. This company is unique in that not only are they free to join and maintain, but their recruiting is only one level deep, so it's really about sales.

As a seasoned sales person both retail, B2B and direct sales, and someone pretty familiar with marketing online, I would say, if you're not into social networking already, then concentrate first on marketing in your neighborhood, job, family, friends, just like any traditional direct sales company. It's easier (and more lucrative) in the long run to have a party and get a bunch of people together at one time and in the long winter months ahead, a lot of women (particularly moms) will be looking to get out of the house.

Print the flyers KL has available and just have fun with it. Wear the jewelry, that's your best advertisement, talk about it and don't think you're going to be able to quit your day job any time soon. Be realistic and remember it's not costing you monthly fees, there are no quotas to fill, no recruiting requirements, and if you keep at it, you might make yourself a nice little side income. Good luck everyone!!!

Anyone have any favorite pieces of KL jewelry?

MrsMav2011
12-27-2013, 02:21 PM
I just started a Kitsy Lane Boutique last month. Has anyone had real success with it? Just wondering

sydnee21
12-27-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm with Kitsy Lane. I do get a check every month and I do most of my marketing online. I don't do Facebook, but I do advertise and guest post on relevant blogs.

As jan8022 said, you have to learn to rely on yourself, especially with a free opportunity. Many are going to sign up under you in hopes of an instant income. Very few will ever go on to make a sale. Take advantage of the business kits and marketing supplies they offer. They also have a forum with great information.

jlbtnc
01-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Hello I found this by doing some random search about Kitsy Lane. I do not expect to get rich quick, but have ran into a lot of negativity from ppl online and with reviews through search. It does make it hard to stay positive. As with most businesses, it takes time to start making money or seeing the ROI. I do the fb, twitter, hi5/tagged, pinterest, and try to maintain them all, it is hard to get ppl to like on fb. Not to mention some of the other owners, do not give you the time of day. I also agree with the person that mentioned about relying on yourself. Do you think if they see some of your own items, maybe they would be motivated to do for themselves? It does help you and them, at least you would think so.

Has anyone had any issues with any of the items purchased, or returns, contacting someone with issues? I have not, these are some of the issues I have been finding online, so was wondering.

sydnee21
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I joined this Facebook Group awhile back and it has been a game-changer to see how the other girls are marketing their businesses and how involved they are in their own success. It's definitely a motivator. It's also great for staying "in the know" about the sales tools coming down the Kitsy pipeline.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/555925637757666/

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1