WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Stock Photography

Patti Winters
07-28-2013, 07:08 PM
I submitted some photos to a stock photo company a few years ago. I'm happy with what I've done and would like to dig a bit deeper into this field. Unfortunately my specialty has been flowers and landscape images, and these seem to be quite saturated as far as stocks go. My travel photos have done the best so far.

I wanted to know if anyone else had any experiences in doing this. What companies and genres have worked best for you?

lorah
07-29-2013, 12:41 AM
I tried it and gave it up. I don't even remember which sites I tried but no matter what I did, I couldn't seem to get anything accepted. Have you heard of Fine Art America? It's free to sign up and you get a free gallery. You can sell your photos there. There is also a paid option for $30 a year that you can get a free website in addition to the gallery and other perks. You would need to really promote it and join a few groups probably but it's worth the time. Good luck to you.

ndswam
07-29-2013, 05:17 AM
I have to agree - stock photography is a tough one, but if you can break into it I believe you would do very well. We've never submitted anything yet but we've certainly purchased stock photos. ;)

Good luck :)

jamest
09-14-2013, 04:54 AM
Have you tried iStockphoto - I have few friends who get residual income from that site. Not much ... just a few hundred each month

valcreates
10-28-2013, 09:59 AM
there many ways you can sell your photos without selling your rights
if you own the photos
you can sell prints on etsy ship them yourself
you can sell them flee markets
You can sell them at local art galleries
you can sell them on online stores like cafepress, zazzle,

pisojobs
10-28-2013, 06:04 PM
There is a need for stock photos of Asian people. Companies in the Philippines often use stock photos of foreigners which are quite inappropriate

bricin6
11-30-2013, 10:09 PM
I have photos on istock, dreamstime, fotolia, bigstock, and alamy. It is soooo time consuming to keyword (for me at least) that I only upload when I have a ton of time...which doesn't happen often. Payments are small but they're a nice surprise when they show up. Good luck!

whamvilet
04-10-2015, 08:21 AM
I also use iStockphoto but I use it in tandem with my 1&1 account which makes the process a whole lot easier. If you're looking for photos then 1&1 give you a 20% discount which is very decent of them I think.

So basically, if like us you have your own work on there, there's a fair chance that they'll get bought up by 1&1 customers. Seems like a win/win to me. The deal is here (http://www.1and1.com/details-istockphoto) if you're interested.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1