WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Is it possible?

mrohlfs
07-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Is it possible to have an online skin care business without parties? Curious:)

Thanks!

lorah
07-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I think it would be really hard but not impossible. I wouldn't buy skin care online unless I could try it first. Maybe online parties where you could send samples to the guests and have them try it and then have the party to answer questions and take orders? I dunno

nv93446
07-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Absolutely! My business is done almost entirely online and I'm a top consultant so I know it's achievable. People normally don't buy skin care online at first but with my direct sales business, it's common for people to contact me, ask for a sample. Once they become a customer then the sales become more regular online.

mandm'smommy
07-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Yes, it is possible. As long as the company allows the consultant to market online--facebook, twitter, youtube, and such---then yes! I think with any direct sales business marketing solely online takes longer to really grow, but it can be done. I think offering samples is important to growing a business online because, as others have said, people want to try skincare items before they buy.

Melissa

NYoung
07-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Definitely possible! My business is makeup, so I think you could say they are quite similar in the way that people make decisions about their purchases. There are hurdles, but currently I sell 100% online and it's been successful so far.

jandamom
08-11-2013, 07:38 PM
I think it really depends on the product line you represent! If the company is well known, has great reviews and a person feels they have enough info to make a purchase, I definitely think it's possible to run a good portion, if not all, of your business online! ;)

Christy:

I did not know that Pangea had a mlm component. I have used the eye cream and really liked it.

nv93446
08-12-2013, 07:53 AM
It is definitely possible especially with the essential oils and non-skin care which I tend to get quite a bit of random online sales each month. With skin care I've found people generally want to sample first.

Pangea was retail for years and went mlm model not long ago, correct?

mountainmom5
08-16-2013, 09:31 PM
It is possible - I find with my company, people use the supplement first and then when they discover the health benefits and become educated about absorbing anti-oxidants thru skin care, then they also want to use the skin care. The selling point of the NP skin care products is that it is also an anti-oxidant so it may be a bit different from selling normal skin care, I don't know.

WAHMInSoCal
08-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes I think it is possible, but it does take longer and a little more difficult.
Samples would be a good idea. :)

nv93446
08-18-2013, 08:36 AM
It could take longer if you're brand new to internet marketing and need to build up traffic and traction but it's definitely more than achievable. I've welcomed 6 new team members this week alone and it's all from internet marketing :).

Mrs. Green Jeans
08-18-2013, 09:58 PM
It is possible but you will need to develop a business plan to determine how you will still get in front of people if you are not taking the party route. One of our consultants in the U.K. is building a huge organization from Twitter!!

The Mommy Marketer
09-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Yes it's definitely possible! The process is the same as if you were to do parties. You have to find a way to build relationships with people so that they trust you and want to buy from you. There are a lot of options so what will make them choose you. Instead of parties, you can do google hangouts online, webinars, email marketing, samples. There are all kinds of ways to do it online!

carlamae
10-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Super duper possible! I'm a beta tester for a company who is creating custom sales funnels for just this type of business, or any mlm for that matter. They offer the traffic, the sales funnels, the sales people to convert your prospects into leads, etc. The idea is to make it as automated as possible and to attain loads of new business partners each week. The problem in the passed has always been how in the world can you duplicate and train so many new people? This way you have a community helping you out. Of course, you keep in touch with your downline and have meetings, etc, but the business model takes care of everything else. It's crazy cool!
Also, if you refer your new business partners into the company, you get monthly commissions from their membership...it's not an mlm company itself, but split commission. Oh, how I am so passionate about this new technology and could talk about it for days, but I'm sure I've said enough. Just let me add though, the beta conversions are currently running at 22%! The highest mlm's are usually 1%.

toughhigh
11-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Is it possible to have an online skin care business without parties? Curious:)

Thanks!

Of course it's possible! Parties are not the only marketing strategy available there are other ways to do it, hopefully you'll find what is suitable for your business :)

mlynnecooper
01-23-2014, 05:25 PM
It's most certainly possible, the business you create as a direct sales independent rep is just that yours and that is what is so awesome about it!

YouniqueByCindy
01-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes I agree..it is doable ... just need to make a plan and follow through :)

julesb99
04-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Yes it definitely can be done, make sure the company offers a money back guarantee - my company offers a wholesale option / personalised websites etc and a 30 day money back guarantee, - so that way customers can try for 30 days, and in most cases absolutely love it and continue on as customers, and promotes very well online with videos and online links.

All the best with your search

Julie

DebraFerrie
04-09-2014, 05:05 AM
Absolutely! I just made Group Leader in title and have wonderful customers who love our skin care and I've never had a party.

JennsLemongrass
04-16-2014, 03:53 PM
I think its possible but can be hard. I do a lot of my business online, but sometimes people just want to try the items for themselves. I can't speak for other companies, but for ours if they want to try it, and don't like it, the can exchange it up to 60 days. We do have a lot of samples we can send out to try them before they buy. I also think it depends on the company you are with. Their reputation. How well known are they etc.

samie
04-16-2014, 08:18 PM
I've never been a part of any DS business, but I can tell you as a customer that I've made many purchases through consultants online after researching and visiting forums like this one. If it's skin care, I would usually either request samples or make a small purchase to try it out.

I've also tried products at booths when I come across them at events. Sometimes I try products a friend uses and then they tell me who their consultant is. So word-of-mouth goes a long ways too.

I've never been the party type, and I'm sure many other customers are the same way. Don't let 'party pressure' stop you from a business of your own, but do research it to make sure the product/company fits the way you want to run your business. :)

cabimom
04-16-2014, 10:56 PM
I'd say yes as well ! You can totally build a customer base by sampling. Our company offers both samples and starter sets! Plus, when a company offers a money back guarantee, that is also helpful. The ability to post on Facebook, twitter and having an ecommerce website is a must for building this way!

Alenatrujillo
04-17-2014, 08:14 AM
The It Works Global Distributors are becoming debt free everywhere and this is such an exciting company to be a part of ! I feel like I am part or a huge It Works Family ! I love being a distributor and sharing how these natural skin care products and supplements are changing peoples lives they really sell themselves.

SaBo
05-20-2014, 08:15 AM
I send samples to anyone that asks for them. I have a website that gives video demonstrations as well as lots of before after pictures, but some people really want to try it before they buy it, which is smart! I also offer ways for them to earn products for free so they aren't out anything if they use it & don't like it. :)

andybrown
07-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Nothing is impossible but this kind of business required lot of promotion and patients

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1