WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : A few quick questions

alexa's mom
07-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Before I sign up, I just have a few things that I would like to have clarified for me please!! I emailed the woman I am going to sign up under but seeing that she is due any day with a new baby I don't know how long it might be before she can get back to me!

I know that August is a transition month so you get a little extra when it comes to the starter kit. I have an opportunity to do a vendor party that my friend is having on 9/1. About how long does the kit take to ship? I was going to order on the 17/18 so the party falls within the 15 days to count for the shooting star but I don't want to cut it to close and not have things ready for that party! It's a great opportunity for me to get my name out there. She already has 20+ people confirmed to be coming!!

Also, when ordering the starter kit am I able to order a few extra things then or do I have to wait until I am an approved representative? by extras I mean supplies (extra catalogs, order forms, etc) but also other warmers/plug ins,

Last question- I know that policy changed and there is a quota that needs to be met. From what I have read it is a minimum of $150 in sales in one month every three months to stay active (So basically a minimum of one qualifying party every three months) is that right?

Thanks in advance for answers!!

christyvw2004
07-23-2013, 09:19 PM
If your not hosing a show until Sept 1st I would not sign up until about 10 days prior--you should get your kit within a week. the 15 days start the day you sign up...so signing up the 18th means you have to have your order in by the 1st...give your self a couple of days after the party to get it all in.
You also can place an order as soon as you get your acceptance...usually I think in about 1 day.
Good luck in your business. and yes $150 every 3 months.

Before I sign up, I just have a few things that I would like to have clarified for me please!! I emailed the woman I am going to sign up under but seeing that she is due any day with a new baby I don't know how long it might be before she can get back to me!

I know that August is a transition month so you get a little extra when it comes to the starter kit. I have an opportunity to do a vendor party that my friend is having on 9/1. About how long does the kit take to ship? I was going to order on the 17/18 so the party falls within the 15 days to count for the shooting star but I don't want to cut it to close and not have things ready for that party! It's a great opportunity for me to get my name out there. She already has 20+ people confirmed to be coming!!

Also, when ordering the starter kit am I able to order a few extra things then or do I have to wait until I am an approved representative? by extras I mean supplies (extra catalogs, order forms, etc) but also other warmers/plug ins,

Last question- I know that policy changed and there is a quota that needs to be met. From what I have read it is a minimum of $150 in sales in one month every three months to stay active (So basically a minimum of one qualifying party every three months) is that right?

Thanks in advance for answers!!

marnay
07-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Most of the time the kits will get to you in 4-7 business days. When you sign up online, your account will become active and you will be able to order other things for yourself. If you live near your sponsor you may also be able to borrow some items from her for your launch.

I like to have my new team members plan their launch party the day the sign up (or before if they know what day they plan to sign up) then they can start telling everyone they know about it. If they don't have a catalog I give them one so they can show people.

The requirements are $150 before tax and shipping one month out of three. It is a rolling 3 months. Once you place your $150 order, your three months start over.

Welcome to the Scentsy Family!!!! :)

Naydene Mitchell

Amber Rose
07-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Just to clarify, though, you will be able to log into your online Workstation immediately after signing up. This is where you will order extra supplies and products, but you will not be able to order those extras during the sign-up process :) You will want to make sure you save your Consultant ID and Password to be able to access your workstation immediately. :)

alexa's mom
07-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Thank you all! I appreciate the info and advice! I am really looking forward to joining. I have been debating for quite some time now. With the transition month bonus, the holidays coming up and the opportunity to do this party I figured I really have nothing to lose! I just hope I can be successful at this without spending too much of my $ on products! :-)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1