WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

OnSource
07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
OnSource hires independent contractors to photograph all types of property on behalf of insurance and other financial service companies. A typical assignment involves you going out and taking 15 - 30 photos using your smartphone or digital camera, usually of a vehicle or residential/commercial real estate to document the physical condition of the property. There is no paperwork to deal with and most assignments can be completed in less than 10 minutes.

For each assignment OnSource pays $25 + $.65/mile you travel outside of a 10 mile radius from your address.

To be considered you need to dress professionally, be customer friendly, follow simple instructions, have a camera, have a reliable internet connection, and have reliable transportation.

Depending on the area where you live you may receive anywhere from 0 - 100 assignments per month based on 1) how many assignments we have in your area, and 2) the number of other photo inspectors we have in your area. Generally speaking most of our inspectors receive 1 or 2 assignment per week at this time, but we are growing rapidly.

To apply go to www.onsourceonline.com and click on the "Join Our Network" button at the top of the page.

lonegreywolf20
09-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I applied to this company last week and my application has been approved and I have a company ID #.

Now I am just waiting on training materials to come through the mail as well as my badge.

lorah
09-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Let us know how it goes for you, it sounds interesting

TommyH
09-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Would like to hear more about them as well.

lonegreywolf20
09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
I will let everyone know when I get the training materials and after that when I complete assignments and receive pay for those assignments.

lorah
09-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing about your experience

lonegreywolf20
09-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I am still waiting on my first assignment. They told me that Florida is one of their busiest states and it shouldn't be long, but I haven't heard from them as of yet.

lorah
09-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the update! Keep us posted

TommyH
09-26-2013, 07:36 AM
I am still waiting on my first assignment. They told me that Florida is one of their busiest states and it shouldn't be long, but I haven't heard from them as of yet.

What part of Florida are you in? I'm in Florida as well, Jacksonville.

lonegreywolf20
09-26-2013, 01:37 PM
What part of Florida are you in? I'm in Florida as well, Jacksonville.

My wife and I live in Central Florida, smack dab in between Orlando and Tampa in Polk County.

lonegreywolf20
10-17-2013, 04:18 PM
I have my first assignment tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago.

AndrewW
10-17-2013, 05:58 PM
I have my first assignment tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago.

Sounds good. Hope that it goes well for you.

lorah
10-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Let us know how it goes for you!

lonegreywolf20
10-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Will do.

I had to change it to tomorrow morning as we had to make an appointment with our vet for my wife's 12 year old cat and they only had a 3:30 pm appointment. I would never have made it back for my assignment in time. They were perfectly fine with changing it as was the client.

lonegreywolf20
10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Ok. I finished with the assignment. I was extremely nervous since there was no formal training, but I followed the check list and got it done. There were a couple hiccups, such as I used the max resolution for my camera which is something like 4272x2848, when they wanted more around 3000x2000 or so. I had set my camera last night, but when I switched it to automatic, it ended up bumping the resolution back up to max.

Hopefully it won't be an issue.

I am now waiting on the status of the assignment to go from uploaded to complete.

lorah
10-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Donovan, that is awesome! How long do you have to wait between acceptance and payment?

lonegreywolf20
10-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Donovan, that is awesome! How long do you have to wait between acceptance and payment?

I still haven't been paid. They just had a payday on Thursday and they are every two weeks. So he said I can expect payment on Halloween.

lorah
10-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks Donovan. I guess I need to look into this some more as an additional 'egg'

lonegreywolf20
10-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks Donovan. I guess I need to look into this some more as an additional 'egg'

You're very welcome!

It's funny, because after I made that one post at the Yahoo group, within a couple hours OnSource called with an assignment...lol.

lorah
10-19-2013, 11:50 AM
I just applied and it said I was accepted so we shall see. I will take anything I can get at the moment.

AndrewW
10-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok. I finished with the assignment. I was extremely nervous since there was no formal training, but I followed the check list and got it done. There were a couple hiccups, such as I used the max resolution for my camera which is something like 4272x2848, when they wanted more around 3000x2000 or so. I had set my camera last night, but when I switched it to automatic, it ended up bumping the resolution back up to max.

Hopefully it won't be an issue.

Can't just resize it afterwords? Easy enough to do, even batch wise if there's a bunch.

lonegreywolf20
10-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Can't just resize it afterwords? Easy enough to do, even batch wise if there's a bunch.

I'm not sure that they would want me to do that considering it could possibly be seen as tampering.

They aren't in over the weekend and you are supposed to upload them within three hours. So I uploaded them and they can correct me if it's not right.

batillison
10-22-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi, just joined this site, seen it years ago but was too busy with "real" life to do anything. I am interested in this OnSource from you post and have now had my application accepted, hoping it will get me a little extra bucks. Thanks for all the posts!

lonegreywolf20
10-22-2013, 08:11 AM
I received an email yesterday from OnSource rating my assignment and I received a 5.0/5. So there was no need to resize my photos.

They even gave a little note saying that I did excellent work and notation.

So I passed the QA evaluation and I am waiting for the status to be marked as accepted by the insurance company.

AndrewW
10-22-2013, 08:28 AM
I received an email yesterday from OnSource rating my assignment and I received a 5.0/5. So there was no need to resize my photos.

So I passed the QA evaluation and I am waiting for the status to be marked as accepted by the insurance company.

Congradulations sounds like you are doing good with it.

TommyH
10-22-2013, 08:11 PM

That's great to hear. I would like to add this as an egg but afraid I am already to busy to pick up anything additional. Would like to hear more on how many jobs/opportunities arise from this relationship.

Do you mind sharing how much time you spent overall the 3 hour deadline might be hard for me to get them uploaded. Was it worth your time for whatever they pay?

lonegreywolf20
10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
That's great to hear. I would like to add this as an egg but afraid I am already to busy to pick up anything additional. Would like to hear more on how many jobs/opportunities arise from this relationship.

Do you mind sharing how much time you spent overall the 3 hour deadline might be hard for me to get them uploaded. Was it worth your time for whatever they pay?

I spent about an hour on site taking pictures and making notes, which I can probably cut down time wise once I am not so nervous and can just fly through what has to be done and about 30 minutes uploading and writing out the notes.

So total of about 90 minutes for $25. I don't think it was that bad overall and I will continue on with them. So far this is the only assignment I have done.

TommyH
10-22-2013, 08:38 PM
I spent about an hour on site taking pictures and making notes, which I can probably cut down time wise once I am not so nervous and can just fly through what has to be done and about 30 minutes uploading and writing out the notes.

So total of about 90 minutes for $25. I don't think it was that bad overall and I will continue on with them. So far this is the only assignment I have done.

That's not bad if they keep you busy or you have other things going on. Guess would also depend on the mileage you have to travel for the job as well.

lonegreywolf20
10-23-2013, 11:31 AM
That's not bad if they keep you busy or you have other things going on. Guess would also depend on the mileage you have to travel for the job as well.

They said that most visual inspectors average two jobs a week. So far I have had one since early September.

This latest job was only 8 miles from my home, but anything over 10 miles from your home is an additional .55 cents per mile on top of what you're getting paid for the job itself.

TommyH
10-23-2013, 01:21 PM
They said that most visual inspectors average two jobs a week. So far I have had one since early September.

This latest job was only 8 miles from my home, but anything over 10 miles from your home is an additional .55 cents per mile on top of what you're getting paid for the job itself.

That's good to know. I might have to keep this in the back of my mind in the event that things slow down and I need something quick to make a little extra cash.

batillison
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Just curious how long it took for you to hear from them I have done everything they said to do on the application but never heard anything back from them at all.

lonegreywolf20
11-01-2013, 04:53 AM
I applied with them on September 3rd, but I was in contact with them the next day because I initiated the phone call. I needed to check on something to be sure that it was correct. When I didn't hear from them by the third day as it said when doing the application process, I called them back to let them know that I was still interested and that I was curious if they were taken me on. They said yes.

About three weeks later I received a phone call, but I missed it and my chance to do my first assignment. After that, it was another three weeks, but this time I didn't miss the call and did my first assignment which I have documented here. This past week I missed another phone call for an assignment.

I'm not sure why they haven't called you back, but i would put in a phone call to them and let them know that you are still interested in doing photography work for them.

lonegreywolf20
11-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Just an update that I did receive pay today for the first assignment that I did for them a little under two weeks ago. There pay period ends every other Thursday and they pay you on a Friday (if you have direct deposit like I do).

lorah
11-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Awesome Donovan! Thanks for letting us know!

lonegreywolf20
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I completed another assignment for OnSource on Saturday morning.

just as a FYI, there are looking to change the base rate that you are making per assignment. I started at $25, but they asked if I would like to go to $18 to make it more competitive with others in my area. Apparently, there are some who are accepting jobs at $18 per assignment base rate. They mentioned that that you can stay at the $25, but that you may not get as many assignments as others in your area if they are the lower base rate.

I let them know that $18 is not worth my time to go out and do assignments for them. That if I have to drive 9 miles one way, that $18 isn't enough to cover my time and expenses.

So we'll see how many assignments I get now that I am not longer considered "competitive."

lorah
11-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Wow Donovan, that is quite the reduction. I wonder if they use that $25 as a way to get people in and then try and get them to downgrade. I don't think I would do it for $18 either.

TommyH
11-05-2013, 05:55 PM
I got the same email even though I don't even know that I am part of it yet. I filled out the info so guess they send it to everyone they have an email for. But I have got no phone calls saying I can do a shoot (not that I have the time) or any email with more info.

I am glad to see that you are sticking with your guns at the $25, even at that rate it's pushing the lower limits I think. I think Lorah might be right, they get you in at $25 and use this to try to get cheaper rates out of everyone. Very dirty tactic if this is indeed the case, I really hope it's not though. Maybe there are people doing it for $18 an hour but for that rate you better not take more then an hour total, b/c you have all your time plus expenses and taxes that still has to come out. And more then an hour and you can find a regular job that would pay you the same amount and be steady work.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1