WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cabimom
07-22-2013, 07:20 PM
I noticed this section and some others have really been "cleaned out" I guess not many consultants come here anymore now that we have Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc. I can remember when this WAHM website was really hoppin!

binman
07-22-2013, 07:34 PM
I noticed that too! Sad.

nv93446
07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
I know! I still love this site :). The Facebook groups that I've found are filled with opportunity/product pitches.

danasurvey
07-22-2013, 08:00 PM
WAHM is still pretty busy. I guess it depends on the section.

If sections become slow or are not being used, forums will sometimes get rid of them or merge sections together.

sue311
07-23-2013, 07:11 AM
I noticed this section and some others have really been "cleaned out" I guess not many consultants come here anymore now that we have Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc. I can remember when this WAHM website was really hoppin!

I remember those days too...especially when Cheryl was the owner.

liz.jewels
07-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Some of the companies had closed/gone out of business, and others did not have many (if any) active reps here. There was a thread in each forum to get active reps to post, and only those with enough activity were kept.

Seems like there are often situations where a company becomes popular, they get enough interest for a forum, but then interest in the company peters out, people change to a new company, and the forum remains. A lot of the people here are still the same, and are still active, but no longer represent some of the companies whose folders were deleted.

I'm glad to see it cleaned up, although I was surprised at some of the folders that went away!

Crissy
07-23-2013, 06:58 PM
I was so surprised to see all of our folders gone! I used to be on here all the time but I am definetly a facebook junkie now!
I will still be stopping by from time to time to check in. Not too many of us lia sophia gals on here anymore. But I love seeing what is up with every jewelry company!

liz.jewels
07-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes, Lia Sophia was one of the ones I was surprised didn't have enough conversations to keep going. Most of the Silpada discussions between reps happen on facebook. There are 20+ updated conversations a day there! But it's hard to find those groups unless you know someone in them, so I want to make sure I keep a presence here too.

Glad you will be sticking around to help ladies looking for info on LS!

JustJewelryGal1
08-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah the Just Jewelry folder is gone too. I remember back in 2008/2009 it was really busy on these forums. I haven't been on this forum in a while either, but it is interesting to see how much it has changed.

Anna_Bella
08-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Hi,

I am new here and I don't know about what you are saying.

But until I know I have seen many sites doing like this.

I don't think there is anything wrong in removing a post or member which is not active.

Its just a waste of space in database where new members who really want to know or share something will be having space.

I am finding this website and you guys to be more interesting than I ever thought. :)

Nice to see you all!! :) Cheers!!

sparklingfuture
08-20-2013, 01:30 PM
It's been a few years since I last visited this site. I too remember quite a few active folders that are no longer here. Social media sites have truly blown up in the meantime. Changes! This is still such a wonderful forum and resource in general.

gajewelrylady
09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
The lia sophia folder was very busy for a long time, but now most of us have groups for our teams as well as some groups that are a cross section of advisors. The company has also created a facebook group for new advisors.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1