WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Your preferred choice

bethanykay6
07-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Do you have a website? Or do you just use social media?? Do you find having a website better improves your clientele? Or that it just is nice to have something other than a simple FB page? I have both, and find that I just don't use my website as much or often as I should. I try, but I just seem to find it easier to have it on my FB page.

lorah
07-17-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm not on Facebook. I have my stuff on Fine Art America and they give you a free storefront of sorts. If you pay $30 a year, they give you a free website. I haven't ventured into making my own yet but it is something that I will possibly do before the end of the year.

ndswam
07-17-2013, 04:56 AM
We have a website where we have a gallery of my husband's work and where we hold our Client Galleries for them to review whether they look at it on their own or during our in-person "after shoot" meeting. The web site comes from Zenfolio and we've been very happy.

We also have a Facebook page and a Pinterest page. Eventually I will work on creating a Blog to target those who do not get on Facebook. Never seems to be enough time to do it all..... (maybe I should blog about that! LOL)

TommyH
07-23-2013, 01:46 PM
I as well use Zenfolio for my website. Clients love it as they can download the digital images (big for my real estate and commericial use) as well as the few portrait/weddings I do. They can order prints right from my site and have it delivered to the door. Or if I want to sell them the digital files I can price them on there as well.

I also use FB and Twitter (not as often as I should though).

ndswam
07-24-2013, 04:58 AM
We just set up Digital Downloads from Zenfolio for a baseball game we just went to. While we typically do in person sales, we have had customers order directly from our web site and have it shipped to their house. Usually for sports we've done.

I just incorporated Zenfolio's blog feature and have two posts. Anxious to see how that goes. It's a work in progress but here's the link:

www.timharrisphotos.com/blog (http://www.timharrisphotos.com/blog)

valcreates
10-28-2013, 10:27 AM
I do blogs and they are free for promotion but they can take away your blogs articles

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1