WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New Trends in Jewelry

udesignit
07-11-2013, 08:58 AM
I love jewelry! What new trends are you seeing for the Fall?

almarosa
07-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure what other companies are up to, but Mialisia launches soon and we stand out from the rest. We have a patent pending concept that allows you to change up your jewelry. For example today I had a necklace on as a bracelet, that actually fits my super small wrist and another as a headband.. we have a unique clasp that allows you to connect pieces together for infinite possibilities. We have simple pieces and of course statement pieces. My description isn't the best but once we launch Mialisia will be a household name!

AnneP
07-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree with almarosa. It seems like the biggest trend is jewelry that can be customized/individualized. It started outside of direct sales with Pandora bracelets, and now in DS we're seeing several charm necklace companies (Origami Owl, SHD, and I've joined a pre-launch called, Hearts on Fire).

Then, there is Mialisia, my other company, you have Versa-Style jewelry where you can customize pretty much every single piece, except for the statement necklaces, rings and earrings (I think), by combining for a bazillion different necklaces, or convert necklaces into belts, bracelets, boot ornaments, anklets, headbands, etc.

And, Magnabilties (hope I have that right), where you can change the inserts on jewelry to change the look.

It's a very interesting trend, and the versatility of pieces of jewelry has always drawn me towards those pieces in particular. In fact, with my last company, my entire presentation was built around the versatile pieces. I'm loving this trend, and while it isn't new (think charm bracelets), I think it's taken on a life of its own this time around and it's definitely here to stay.

almarosa
07-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Mialisia will carry earrings too!! You can see a sample of our line via Pinterest our corporate page is Mialisia Co. Just a sneak peek of what's to come.

accents4you2
07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Yes, being interchangeable is big! That's why I joined Magnabilities. The response by women is amazing! With Magnabilities you select a base piece of jewelry including rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, hair slings, brooches, and even badge reals. Each of those pieces has a spot for either a standard magnet like initials, themes, or patterns, or an awesome bling chic one( premium). Those are my favorites! There are around 1,000 to choose from. You can also upload a pic or logo! There are endless possibilities.

One piece of jewelry and 3 inserts, it's like having 3 separate pieces. For the necklaces you can also select different styles and lengths of chains or satin ribbons too. Most of the pieces come in 3 to 4 different finishes too! So it is totally customizable. Plus there's a cute tween line!

It's an amazing concept!!

accents4you2
07-11-2013, 05:41 PM
UDesignit,

I love the name! With Magnabilities you get to design it. I just noticed your location. I'm not far from there, if you ever want to see the line in person let me know. I'd love to show it off and get your opinion! :)

AnneP
07-11-2013, 07:18 PM
almarosa - Glad you pointed that out. It's a bit confusing the way I wrote it. What I was trying to say was that everything was customizable except for the earrings, rings, and statement necklaces (although, you could add additional necklaces to that - but I figured you can do that with any jewelry line), not that we don't carry those 3 things. :)

Crissy
07-11-2013, 07:45 PM
So excited for all the new trends!!! This year we will be seeing lots of layered dainty necklaces. We are all used to layering a short and long necklace. But now we are showing layering 2-3 short necklaces which is great for everyone who always wears a small sentimental piece.

I also LOVE the "arm candy" or "arm party" for fall! Stacking bracelets is not new but the trend is getting even hotter with stacking different styles and colors not just bangles.

Huge statement earrings or small button posts with statement necklaces will be huge this fall! Lia sophia now has a great line of crystal posts with jackets and dangles to interchange for versatility.

Rings seem to be all over the place. Stacking small rings is still Hot as well as one huge statement ring!

We just got our new lia sophia style guide and I can't wait to see everyone else's new lines!

maryalene
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm not a rep, but I'm a Miche customer and they just announced a jewelry line. It looks like it uses magnets to interchange pieces. I'm sure that will work for some people but not for those of us with grabby babies and toddlers!

Laurie723
07-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Really excited about these trends! :) I almost got out of the jewelry business ... but then I found Mialisia and I'm so thrilled to be on an awesome, supportive team and to be spreading the opportunity among others.

almarosa
07-12-2013, 05:30 AM
I'm not a rep, but I'm a Miche customer and they just announced a jewelry line. It looks like it uses magnets to interchange pieces. I'm sure that will work for some people but not for those of us with grabby babies and toddlers!

I agree with you and having grabby babies. I have some south hill designs lockets and can't wear them around baby, she puts it on her mouth and the glass gets all foggy and dirty. My Mialisia necklaces she plays with, but won't stick in her mouth. Maybe the charms in the lockets are more appealing!

TeamTexasMialisia
07-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Interchangeable is the big thing, for purses and jewelry!

ABmomandS&Dstylist
08-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I am with Stella and Dot and they have added quite a few statement necklaces with mixed metals this fall. Yes and lots of layering on necks, arms and rings!

Anna_Bella
08-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Its seems to be interested to know about the new trends in the jewelry market.I wanna get something new and unique this time.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1