WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Please talk me off of the cliff!

J_Mer
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
I should go live in 2 weeks! I'm #3668 and have been waiting since April 10th. I'm not sure if it's the reality of getting my wings or just newbie jitters, but I'm starting to doubt how great/easy this new adventure will be. I'm seeing "living lockets" EVERYWHERE! There's South Hill, Spirit Lockets, and other retail stores (Hallmark). So, how is everyone handling the "competition"? The story is great about Bella, but that can only take you so far.

Cristinae115
07-07-2013, 06:29 AM
I should go live in 2 weeks! I'm #3668 and have been waiting since April 10th. I'm not sure if it's the reality of getting my wings or just newbie jitters, but I'm starting to doubt how great/easy this new adventure will be. I'm seeing "living lockets" EVERYWHERE! There's South Hill, Spirit Lockets, and other retail stores (Hallmark). So, how is everyone handling the "competition"? The story is great about Bella, but that can only take you so far.

It happened to me too! It's the newbie jitters! I got my wings a few weeks ago in Bella's birthday wave and a few days before began to doubt I could do this. Then I remembered my why. Seriously write it down and always look at it. It does not matter what others are doing, what other companies are doing, what competition there is... Look inside yourself, find your passion, and work it. Only amazing things and happiness will come of it. If anyone promised you an easy road to richness, don't expect that! This is my new job - and I am so lucky to have one that I am passionate about. But the blood, sweat and tears of having my own business are here as well! This is not an easy road, but an amazing one! Remember your why and go for it. You will be amazing, just work it. :)

ChristineGeddes
07-07-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm #4117, so should fly right behind you. I joked on another thread that if they keep doing 2000/week, and more than 117 DIW's go to conference, and mercury is in retrograde, and Shemar Moore does not come sweep me off my feet, I'll fly on the 15th. lol

But seriously, I saw someone on another thread saying something to the effect that we often use the "saturation/competition" excuse to justify our lackluster business.

I spent many years as a leader for a candle company. I had about 25 girls under me within a 10 mile radius. In about 5 years, only once did someone inadvertently "overlap". I live in a VERY small area, my town has 1200 ppl. There are 5 in my downline in my town alone. We have NEVER overlapped or "taken business" from each other.

Your business WILL be what you put into it. You could live next door to ppl from the same exact product (even if diff companies) and you will each go in your different directions.

Schedule your launch party. Invite 40+ ppl (statistically about 1 in 3 come), and book parties from those ppl - you will automatically be branching off in different directions.

[Admin edited out content replying to deleted post.] - you have to do what works for your gut.

Don't let the misconception of competition be your excuse to not succeed.

Eye
07-07-2013, 08:39 AM
You'll be fine! If you've waited this long, then it will definitely be worth it to wait just a couple of more weeks.

Since my launch I've been selling like crazy. The summer has been a little slow, but I know for a fact it will pick up in the fall, and I can't WAIT for the Christmas sales.

nv93446
07-07-2013, 11:06 AM
It's true that lockets are everywhere but so is skin care, nutrition, and many other products. Products are everywhere, online and retail stores which is a fact but I truly believe the difference is you and what you bring to your business and the value you offer your customers regardless of company. There's plenty of business for everyone :). You have to choose what you love because this business is tough when you don't love what you're doing.

Janette

TiniOwl
07-07-2013, 08:33 PM

You've waited this long you might as well try it. If you find it's not for you, at the very least you should be able to recoup your investment by selling the inventory you get in your kit.
But in order to avoid issues like the 23 year old had with her order, get with your mentor right away so you can get tips on how to place orders etc. the most economical way.

Triciaromo1123
07-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Can someone help me understand why so many people are waiting to join when other companies with similar products would probably sign you up right away?

It's all personal choice:) some people don't mind waiting for a company they believe in. These designers are starting a business, that decision is not taken lightly. I waited and I'm so glad I did! I love this company and it was the perfect fit for me.

TiniOwl
07-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Can someone help me understand why so many people are waiting to join when other companies with similar products would probably sign you up right away?

Why are people waiting to eat at a particular restaurant when other restaurants in town could seat them immediately? Why are people getting on a waitlist for a particular preschool when other preschools in town could fit their kids in right away? Why are people waiting for a particular car when there are plenty of similar cars available to take home that day?
People do their research and find what's the best fit for them. Sometimes the option they choose is also the most popular option so they may need to wait their turn.

Cristinae115
07-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Why are people waiting to eat at a particular restaurant when other restaurants in town could seat them immediately? Why are people getting on a waitlist for a particular preschool when other preschools in town could fit their kids in right away? Why are people waiting for a particular car when there are plenty of similar cars available to take home that day?
People do their research and find what's the best fit for them. Sometimes the option they choose is also the most popular option so they may need to wait their turn.

Very well said! Origami Owl is the best and obvious choice for me. There is no conparison in my eyes.

Jejomi
07-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I kinda gave up myself a few weeks ago. I'm #293 so I fly tonight if all goes well! But on the flip side I need a dang JOB, like yesterday!!!! So True story: I gave up. Is this worth it? Well 8 days ago I posted on my own personal fb wall this status: "well my number is almost up for origami owl, can't wait" I have LITERALLY sold 2, signed...sealed ...delivered lockets (through my mentor) for money towards my kit. And at least 4 people said "let me know when you're in I want one". I didn't even do anything?!?!?!?!? Crazy!!! But so awesome! I think hubby sees it too. (Even though he will say I still need a job) I'm going to do my best to make up what a pt-ft job would do. I hate hounding people but I don't think we are going to have too. I will say that there are at least 4-8 O2 people in my small town but we all know different people, are from different places(the story of a Floridian)....one of them is even in the chamber....but we still don't ever overlap!! We are all on the same team but that is it. Good luck, you will get more excited again when it's your time to fly. I'm freaking out right now!!! Tonight!!!!!!

TiniOwl
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I kinda gave up myself a few weeks ago. I'm #293 so I fly tonight if all goes well! But on the flip side I need a dang JOB, like yesterday!!!! So True story: I gave up. Is this worth it? Well 8 days ago I posted on my own personal fb wall this status: "well my number is almost up for origami owl, can't wait" I have LITERALLY sold 2, signed...sealed ...delivered lockets (through my mentor) for money towards my kit. And at least 4 people said "let me know when you're in I want one". I didn't even do anything?!?!?!?!? Crazy!!! But so awesome! I think hubby sees it too. (Even though he will say I still need a job) I'm going to do my best to make up what a pt-ft job would do. I hate hounding people but I don't think we are going to have too. I will say that there are at least 4-8 O2 people in my small town but we all know different people, are from different places(the story of a Floridian)....one of them is even in the chamber....but we still don't ever overlap!! We are all on the same team but that is it. Good luck, you will get more excited again when it's your time to fly. I'm freaking out right now!!! Tonight!!!!!!

I wonder if we are in the same town.

Jejomi
07-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I wonder if we are in the same town.

I'm in a suburb of Tampa! You?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1