WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : B and T buy back Silpada!

liz.jewels
07-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Did you see the news yesterday? I am so excited! Our founders bought the company back from Avon! We are once again a private company with no risk of undue influence from a parent organization.

While I truly believe being owned by Avon for the past 3 years helped us with things like improving our online sales presence and launching into Canada, I am more confident in the longevity of the company on the Walsh and Kelly families.

Hope everyone else is excited too! If you aren't scheduled for conference yet, this is a great reason to go. It's going to be a huge party!

This also may help with recruiting, as anyone who was scared off by Avon owning Silpada just may give us a second look now. I'm going to reach back out to former reps and prospects!

Shine on!
Liz

udesignit
07-03-2013, 08:47 AM
I heard this news yesterday from my rep on FB. I read the news story with great interest because I always wondered why Avon decided to buy Silpada in the first place other than increasing their portfolio. The company was sold back for a fraction of what Avon paid for it a few years back. The great news is that the founders are back and I am sure you breathed a sign of relief when they announced this yesterday.

WooTini
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes, pretty interesting, isn't it?

Walsh & Kelly families seem to have really scored (good for them!)

Sold to Avon in 2010 for 650 million... bought back for 85.

Avon and a few other companies have had sales declines in the most recent history - so Silpada was one thing they ditched to get their quarterly reports looking better.

cabimom
07-08-2013, 08:11 AM
That is excellent news Liz! Now maybe Silpada will go back to being more exclusive like they were before. The Avon company influence had Silpada looking like every other jewelry company, IMO I liked it so much more when their styles were "chunkier" for lack of a better word! Maybe artsy is a better word to describe the former Silpada pieces! :) I also hope they change their website. I liked the old ones better too! The one change that I do like though is the $149 sign up with jewelry samples included.I wonder if that will stay?

liz.jewels
07-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Oh yes, both the new signup at the lower cost with jewelry AND the new hostess program with more half-price items, more free jewelry, and only 6 orders for a qualified party are BOTH staying. We reps could not be happier!

As for the designs - I'm not sure what we will see for sure, as some of the change in style was the result of both trends towards more delicate pieces as well as cost of materials. But since silver costs are down a bit, and they have always kept some chunky pieces in the line, I do think we will see some exciting additions.

I actually have seen a few pieces from the new catalog for July and so far, I am very excited about what is in store. 2 new watches, a GORGE silver necklace, earrings to match my favorite confetti necklace, and an awesome chunky green stone ring. I can't wait to see the rest! Only problem is I'm sure my wish list will be a MILE long! LOL!

Cheryl
07-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Liz ... I am so excited about the news! It's not that I don't like Avon, I was a rep for 10 years. I just don't think that Silpada belongs with a BIG corp like AVON ... Silpada belongs with B & T!!

I've been going through all my jewelry, getting it some what organized and will start doing events late summer/early fall, to get Silpada going back to a business. Still want to have the summer months to myself, but so ready to share Silpada again.

BTW ... I love the GORGEOUS necklace that's coming. Think I better have my summer yard sale soon, because I know there is going to be a lot of pieces I want.

liz.jewels
07-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Yay Cheryl!

Which necklace - the one on the cover of the look book?

I am coveting all of those emerald green pieces - the earrings, pendant/necklace, and that twisty bracelet. If you got the look book, you should know what I mean!

Plus, I think that big-faced watch is going to be a HUGE hostess piece. I bet I will book more than a few parties, just so ladies can earn that for free!

cabimom
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
ooooooh! Emierald Green? That is one of our colors in the Fall 2013 CAbi line that I saw in a sneak peek, also Plum! I would love a Silpada catalog when it comes out! I get to see my new line up next week and will have my sample line by July 22, so, so excited!

liz.jewels
07-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Happy to send you one if your local connections aren't keeping you up to speed. I still have your address around here somewhere! Lol!

Can't wait for my fall CAbi!!!

cabimom
07-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Liz, I just can't seem to get my local people to respond so I guess you are my new Silpada rep!! If you can't find my address, I would be happy to send you my address again!