WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How do I learn to scrapbook

DJW
06-17-2013, 02:15 AM
I would like to learn scrapbooking, how do I go about it. I did not see any posts about scrapbooking.

lorah
06-17-2013, 03:54 AM
The best advice is to find a consultant in your area and have a class. If you can't do that, then watch some youtube videos. I'm afraid the scrapbooking section here isn't very active, although I sure wish it was! I'm not a rep but would sure be happy to help if you have any questions.

SarahLovesToStamp
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi there! I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and first got started with paper crafting with scrapbooking many years ago. So it was my first love! I don't know if you're interested in Digital Scrapbooking or traditional paper scrapbooking so I'd love to help you out with any questions you have. You can certainly PM me here or email me at [email protected] One thing I found frustrating about paper crafting was getting my stuff to match and so that was the huge thing that originally drew me to Stampin' Up! - color coordinating paper, inks, ribbons, buttons, embellishments, etc! Super handy and made crafting more fun and easy! :) Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. I'd love to help a newbie get started on such a fun and rewarding hobby! :) One easy way to scrapbook is to scraplift (copy someone else's layout) or use a sketch. PageMaps is a really nice site for scrapbooking sketches and you can choose if you prefer square or 8-1/2" x 11" pages.

accents4you2
06-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Love, love, love scrapbooking..and highly recommend it! Yes, try looking for a local rep, or if you have a Michael's craft store, they have classes too. You have to remember that there is not one right way to scrap book, and over time you will find your style. You can go from super simple to super elaborate or even go digital. Most DS scrapbook companies that I know of, offer a variety of different styles to meet different needs.* My focus is pictures, recording my family's history, and journaling. I do decorate my pages, but that isn't my focus. It all depends on how many pictures and how much time you have.

I warn you that once you start, there is a high chance you will be addicted..lol. Currently I crop at Michael's at least once a month, and I scrapbook with a CM rep for a 12 hour crop each month, and another CM rep for a 6 hour crop each month. Google different companies and also check with "meetup" groups that are all over the US and offer all kinds of gatherings. ( I don't think I'm allowed to share the website here..if you can't find it, feel free to message me).

CM has filed bankruptcy and are totally simplifying their product line. The new albums will be called something like "fast and fabulous"..they will be quick, easy, pre-decorated, I believe. Of course the fabulous quality that this pioneer company has always had will still be there. They will also continue digital. (I'm not a rep, but I know a lot of them so if you need a resource, let me know)

If by some strange chance you live in So Cal, I can hook you up with lots of different groups. :)

Have fun!

*Style doesn't matter, but safety of your pictures does. Make sure your albums, stickers, embellishments are acid, lignin, and PVC free. You don't want to skimp on that.

accents4you2
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
And CM just won an award for their new album from the DSA for having the best new product (something like that)...so it's going to be interesting to see what it is!

DJW
06-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I would like to learn scrapbooking, how do I go about it. I did not see any posts about scrapbooking.

I wanted to thank every one that answered my message that I wanted to learn scrap booking. I don't know anything about it. I have my kids school work from 35 or 40 years ago that I want to put in scrap books.

They are grown of course and I hope they will be surprised someday if I ever get it done. I also have many photos to put in album. Thanks so much everyone.

Dawnell Laiche
06-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Youtube is great for getting ideas. You can also watch someone do a layout. There is no right or wrong way to scrapbook. When I started many years ago, the lady teaching me said to just "do what you feel." I've always remembered that :)

TXFarmGirl
07-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I learned through tutorials online. I found a lot of blogs of card makers and scrappers and I also looked on the websites of companies that sell scrapbooking products. I was a CTMH rep for awhile and did all their training tutorials also. I agree that a scrapbook rep in your area is a great place to get hands on and YouTube is fabulous. I love Tim Holtz' tutorials. Good luck and prepare to become addicted!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1