WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

thebusybee
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks to Brenda who posted information on Ron Paul's new curriculum, I came across the Robinson Curriculum (recommended by Ron Paul). This curriculum stresses self teaching which in my opinion is essential for college studies and future independence. Reading Robinson's testimony and the fact that five out of six of his children (one is still in school) have PhDs in either engineering or some sort of advanced science doesn't hurt either. After kindergarten, which is the only grade that requires a lot of parental interaction as that is the year that prepares the student for self teaching, students are ready to take on progressively harder material. The price is right too, for a little over $200 you get grades K-12 on CD's and only need to buy some math materials for a complete education. Students learn by doing math, vocab drills, and LOTS of reading and learn how to discipline themselves.

I was thinking that this might be up any homeschooling WAHM's alley because if one followed the curriculum instructions, they could get five hours of work in WHILE their child is getting a quality education at home. Depending on what you do,your child could even be in the same room with you as you work. I'm definitely thinking about switching over and giving it a try.

Anyone else tried this curriculum or heard anything about it?

ZeeshanMukhtar
12-02-2013, 03:22 AM
We live in a life with full of technology. We can talk to people within seconds across continents, we can fly to the other corner of the world within 24 hours, we can connect to the whole world while being at home....

IntegrityPays
12-04-2013, 11:25 AM
We also use online curriculum. It works really well for our family and allows freedom and flexibility.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1