WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Working it! ;)

MamaMia2006
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
I have been with Watkins since last year. I have been making purchases for myself but not working the business side of it too much. I'd like to know more of what you are doing to work your business. Do you do parties, booths or just help people start their 'membership'? There is so much training but I just want to know what is working for you.

Thanks!

bianca5454
06-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Let me start out with 'this website doesn't like me much today! I've replied twice now and my post just disappeared. Ugh!

So, let me try again. I suggest you make a list of ventures you would like to try (and some you may not). This will give you a variety of options to choose from. Select an option every few weeks and put it into action. This will give you great experience and you will find what works best for you.

Advertising can be done online and offline; classifieds, forums, yahoo groups, craigslist, paid advertisement, etc.

Share catalogs; always have labeled catalogs with you at all times. Distribute them to places/folks you frequent often. Repeat as new monthly flyers come out. Send out emails to your customers.

I also suggest you set a date and host your own open house / launch party. This will give folks an opportunity to learn more about Watkins and the large variety of products offered. They can taste, feel and smell the products.

HTH :)

WAHMInSoCal
07-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Just wanted to say hello. I've been with Watkins since 2007, and I'm just enjoying the products and not really working the business. But, I've had a few small sales now a again from family and friends who love the products. I hope you are having fun with your Watkins business. Bianca gave some great advice. Take care and good luck to you... Teresa :)

suse
07-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Belated welcome, MamaMia! I do mostly one-to-one sales. My customers have come from a variety of places - word of mouth, family, and my email signature line. I did get a couple customers from Watkins directly - someone from my area called Watkins and asked for a consultant in our proximity and Watkins passed on my phone #. I'm expanding myself now to small online ads and forum usage.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1